Booked an inside Cabin - Carnival offering upgrade for $50?

Is this normal? We sail Aug 23, on our first cruise. We booked an inside cabin in May, as we honestly don't plan to spend much time in the room! :p Just got an e-mail today that they would upgrade us to an OV cabin for $50 total.

So, what's your opinion? is it really worth it to have an ocean view but no access/balcony?? personally, i'm thinking I'd rather spend that $50 on drinks of the day! :) Does carnival usually do this? or maybe they still have a lot of vacant rooms??

How many days is your cruise? Will the room still be the same size? Sounds like a great deal but i'm like you, I would rather use the $50 for one of the ports or drinks and enjoy the view from up on deck. I've only cruised once though and had an inside cabin so maybe I just don't understand. Also, consider what floor you are going to be moved to.

Sounds like the upsell fairy. If its a Fantasy class ship, the cabin will be the same size. If its a newer ship, the OV can be 220 s.f. and a larger cabin.

As we have no knowledge of which ship or how many days ... hard to say if its worth $50 to upgrade?

I would spend the $50 to upgrade in a heartbeat (but then I would never have booked an inside to begin with) It's a cruise..why stay in a walkin closet not knowing if it's light or dark...sunny or not and be able to see (Sea) where you are...JMHO..But I don't think you'll be sorry you upgraded but might be if you don't...;):)

I would want to know where the OV cabin is... if its above or below a lounge that plays loud music until 3 am I would pay $50 to avoid it...

If you are considering it make sure the location is suitable to you.:)

• 6 months later...

We are sailing March 3 2011 and I called last week because the price dropped and ask for an upgrade or a reduction in my cost. The customer service said I would happy to offer you a free upgrade. So we moved from the Riveria deck to the Upper Deck at the same price. I actually could have been on the Empress deck up it was more in the front of the ship and I didn't want to be that far front.

If you booked an inside cabin, it's probably because you don't mind them...keep it, if the $50 will buy things on the cruise you'd like to have.

I think that's an excellent price to get natural light...but if it doesn't matter to you, save the $$ and keep what you have!

Archived