What is the pizza like on board?

WillW

I'm going on the Caribbean princess soon...and I'm hoping to find out some piece of info I hadn't seen yet. So....how would you describe the pizza? I'm a big time NY style pizza lover....not really a dominos or papa john's fan....nor into the Chicago style. So...is it really a NY style pizza...or a bad imitation? Let me know if you're from NY as opinion seems to vary geographically!

I am from NY and CT (originally), and I have found the pizza on Princess to be surprisingly good! Not in a real gooey sort of way (not like Ray's or Pepes/ Sally's) but decent. They usually have cheese and pepperoni and then a "pizza of the day".

Now if we could get a consistantly decent pizza in Charlotte...:(

Just off the Diamond Princess and the pizza was quite good. Definitely New York style - easy to fold, crust was great and not wallowing in sauce. They had pepperoni, cheese, veggie, and sausage. We stopped by in the afternoon and sometimes around 10:45PM - just before it closed - for a slice!

I was raised in Western New York - does that count? ;)

It is very good pizza overall. I wish they would put more toppings on it, it's thin crust, thicker at the edge, and they usually don't put lots of pepperoni on it, but I really enjoy it. Usually eat it for lunch 3-4 days and have a snack at night from there.

Mike

I grew up in Brooklyn. The pizza on Princess is very good NY style pizza. Thin crust, fold in the middle style. They have pepperoni and a Pizza of the Day, but I always went for a cheese slice. It's the only way to eat New York pizza! (I wish I could find pizza as good as that here on the West Coast.)

To me, there is no such thing as bad pizza unless they really mess it up badly. If you like the NY style, you will probably like it. I am from the Chicago area so it is not necessarily the style I like the most but it is very good as is almost all of the food on the cruise. I do not think that you will be disappointed!1 On a positive note, if you do not like it, you will find plenty of alternatives on board that should satisfy your appetite!!:)

The best pizza left us with the departure of the Regal, Dawn, Sea and Sun ships. The pizza they have now is OK, but I have had much better at our local pizzeria..

I'm looking forward to my pizza on the Sea Princess in a few weeks. It is still in service and doing cruises as is the Dawn. I know the Regal was retired and don't know about the Sun, but the Sea and Dawn are still active Princess ships.

Princess pizza is cheesy goodness. I love it!

are there any sandwiches made on board. Cannot have pizza, because of food allergy to yeast.

There are sandwiches available at lunch everyday in the buffet as well as small sandwiches that are served each day at afternoon tea.

are there any sandwiches made on board. Cannot have pizza, because of food allergy to yeast.

Yes...they had several sandwiches/wraps down at the International Cafe (on the piazza). Seemed like a good variety. Our daughter really liked the tuna sandwich.

I also saw some on the buffet each day for lunch.

It's very subjective.

I think everyone has a pizza place in their hometown that makes "the best pizza in the world". I'm originally from Victoria, B.C. and consider Romeo's 'special' the ultimate pizza... so I find Princess' pretty so-so (not nearly enough toppings).

Sandwich bread has yeast in it also unless they can make some unleavened bread for you. They may have some flatbread sandwiches, I haven't really looked.

All bread/rolls/croissants are made with yeast unless it is "flat bread" (unleavened bread) and I have not seen any flat bread sandwiches on any of the Princess ships. Sorry! :(

I don't know what New York style pizza is, but I haven't been too impressed with the pizza on Princess. It seems very plain, with few toppings. I'm from California, and I like Round Table pizza out here - don't know what kind of pizza that is, "California Style"???:o

Archived