Just booked my 1st solo

LRY229

I did a 54 night cruise last year on my own. Found it really great, people to talk to when you wanted, cruisers, I find are a friendly lot. Time on my own when I wanted to be on my own, picked what I wanted to do, when I wanted. Don't worry about other people and what you should or shouldn't be doing. Your cruise. Enjoy yourself and try all things, some you will like, some will be just an experience. Have fun.

Gwen

I'm hoping to take a longer cruise in the next year or two. I try to track down reviews of cruisers who do these comprehensive blogs about their longer (30+ days) cruises.

As I've taken my cruises (1 and 2 week) I now have a good idea about what I like on the ships. For me a mix of port and sea days is important. Two or three sea days at a time is enough for me. So now I can look at itineraries and have a good idea what I want and don't want. Gwen, thanks for your comments. OP enjoy your cruise. Faith

Hello!

I booked my first Solo cruise earlier this month and am so glad to find this thread. I am taking another cruise on the Grandeur with a group of ladies but am going to FL early to spend my bday on the Majesty. My DH is too busy to get away at this time so off I go on this adventure. I've been on this same cruise on the Majesty before the remodel and also on Norweigan Sky so it will be familiar and hopefully easy to be on my own. I am looking forward to it and will be flying in the afternoon before. We go to Lauderdale by the Sea every year so it feels like home to me, no worries about getting lost...

Like the rest of you, the thing I am most nervous about is dinner but since I've been to all the ports at least twice before that doesn't bother me at all. Any other ideas and insight are quite welcome. I look forward to hearing how Lynn's trip worked out.

Susan

• 3 weeks later...

My first solo cruise has now been offically been booked for November 15th. I'm so excited to be able to go on a cruise without family & friends or with a group and be able to come and go and do as I want. I'm going on a short weekend cruise this weekend that was supposed to have been my first solo cruise but made the mistake of telling a friend, so hence why I still went ahead and found a solo cruise in November.

Must admit the pricing, time frame and ports helped. Will be on the ship on my birthday, which will be cool, two years in a row I'll been on a cruise during my birthday. Last year I was with family and friends on the Legend, this year will be the Imagination.

A month prior to the solo cruise I'll be on the Freedom with a group for 8days, think this will help with the post cruise depression, having the other lined up just about a month. :-)

Archived