Good lobster restaurant in Sydney?

My Mum is recuperating from an operation and I am taking her on her first cruise. We are going to stay near Darling Harbour and would like to spoil her with a great lobster dinner. Any recommendations?

My Mum is recuperating from an operation and I am taking her on her first cruise. We are going to stay near Darling Harbour and would like to spoil her with a great lobster dinner. Any recommendations?

I don't think you can beat Nicks at Darling Harbour. Nick always has great seafood!!:)

There is also Doyles which is located at the overseas passenger terminal. They have amazing seafood!

i thought of doing this the night before our cruise as it will be my birthday but then i thought I am going to be dined,waited on for the next 12 nights and maybe have seafood as well so decided not to splurge ( will buy a lot more cocktails instead ) ;)

Hello Past it. Have considered that too, but read several posts where people were complaining that the ships that are sailing from Australia do not serve lobster, as apparently Australians only like fresh lobster?

Found that hard to believe, but like said read it several times.

I think they might have lobster tails on formal nights.

So, as this trip is designed to spoil my mother (she comes from Holland where lobster is pretty rare) I wanted to make sure that she could indulge at least once and if there is more on board Yay! even better.

First I was going to take her on the Harbour cruise with the seafood buffet, but I don't think they are serving lobster on that.

So Thanks:D everyone it is great that we now have some great restaurants to choose from. We are definitely going to Nicks.

Hopefully they are not booked out, but we are going to have a look at all of them, see if we can squeeze a lunch in as well. She also really loves large shrimps. Yum Yum. Sydney Here we come! Yeah:cool:

The other thing - if you are going to Lifou as a stop, there are markets there - lots of stalls selling all sorts of stuff. If you go to the very end of the markets (ie furthest from the ship) then there is a little stall where they sell the most amazing fresh lobster.

Local fisherman sell them for about $15-20 Australian each, they cook them for you and you eat them fresh on the spot (can't take them to the ship)

Lots of people seemed to line up there to dine on fresh lobster direct from the fisherman, right there on the island....

Thanks, AndyTm

Had a note that we might come across fresh lobster ($20- $60) from locals at Champagne Bay. And we are going to Lifou and had planned to check out the market. So who knows, we might be double lucky. Yeah:cool:

Sorry sorry - my mistake - the LOBSTER fisherman where on MYSTERY ISLAND - not Lifou........

I've travelled the pacific a fair bit (fiji, samoa, vanuatu, rarotonga, aitutaki (cook islands) new caledonia then this cruise to mystery, lifou etc - after a while they all blend together ...... he he)

I am positive it was MYSTERY ISLAND where there were the markets and the guys selling lobster. They started at $15 and some of them were massive - I reckon you would have a hard time eating one of the $50 lobsters - they were like elephant lobster!

AtM

They have LOBSTER for for sale on the isle of pines, they are live and they will cook them as needed at $10 each.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Will not tell Mum, will keep that one a surprise. Yeah:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - lobster on the beach... Ahhh... I can't remember if it was Champagne bay/beach or Mystery island, but I have photos and can check :)

I was severly disappointed with the lack of lobster-night on Rhapsody, however they did have giant prawn which was barely much different all considered.

Is it just me that is always brought a second plate if I appear to enjoy anything? Or two desserts if I appear to have trouble deciding? ...do P&O do that? :P

They have LOBSTER for for sale on the isle of pines, they are live and they will cook them as needed at $10 each.

Do they have lobsters at the Isle of Pines? We haven't ever seen them there.

They do sell lobsters at Mystery Island and Champagne Bay. I am not sure about anywhere else.

Archived