Anyone booked ICE BAR?

oreomidnight

Can that really make you sick or is it an old wives tale?

old wives tale. I live in NC and many times during the year we have 40 degree swings in temperature. I've gotten up on winter mornings and it's in the low 20's to take my son to school, but by 3pm it's already in the high 50's. We have lot's of layers!

I think everyone is different, some may get sick with such a quick temp change, but I've done the cold plunge on the Pearl and didn't get sick.

It can make you sick sometimes but usually only if you have pre-existing medical conditions.

I have gone from -50C to +39C (-58F to 102-2F) in 7 hours. Never got sick once but I had a 20 degree change once and was sick for two days after an MS attack.

It if were true, then we Michiganders would be sick all winter!

Just got back from an ice bar in Las Vegas. Spent close to an hour inside, then we left and walked to another hotel outside in 100+ degree heat. Neither of us had as much as a sniffle.

You know, when I first heard about the Ice Bar I thought it would be a great place to visit. Then when I saw pics of people in those bulky coats with hoods, being served those little colorful cocktails, freezing their butts off... I think I'm going to pass.;)

You know' date=' when I first heard about the Ice Bar I thought it would be a great place to visit. Then when I saw pics of people in those bulky coats with hoods, being served those little colorful cocktails, freezing their butts off... I think I'm going to pass.;)[/quote']

I'm going to pass as well, but I'm not going to bad mouth it like that troll did

Germs and bacteria are what make you sick ... temp. swing is not the cause ...

I'm going to try it ... pay my $20 ... drink my two drinks ... and enjoy the experience!!!

You're right NYAustinGal...and at 17 degrees...not much bacteria growing!

I'll be right behind ya enjoying the experience!

You know' date=' when I first heard about the Ice Bar I thought it would be a great place to visit. Then when I saw pics of people in those bulky coats with hoods, being served those little colorful cocktails, freezing their butts off... I think I'm going to pass.;)[/quote']

Like lots of things on the Epic it's new and a fantastic expeience, we went in there on the TA the FACTS are:

The hooded ponchos and gloves are not bulky.

You can leave at any time if you get too chilly.

If you have the non alchoholic drinks they freeze in the ice glasses after about ten minutes and are great fun.

You are not going to get sick from changing temp.

Don't wear open toed sandals (ladies).

This is the only ice bar afloat, where else would you get such an experience?

When you get on the ship go down and book a slot for any evening time on your cruise.

Like lots of things on the Epic it's new and a fantastic expeience, we went in there on the TA the FACTS are:

The hooded ponchos and gloves are not bulky.

You can leave at any time if you get too chilly.

If you have the non alchoholic drinks they freeze in the ice glasses after about ten minutes and are great fun.

You are not going to get sick from changing temp.

Don't wear open toed sandals (ladies).

This is the only ice bar afloat, where else would you get such an experience?

When you get on the ship go down and book a slot for any evening time on your cruise.

I don't see the attraction if it were on land or sea or afloat.

If you want an ice experience, go Ice Fishing and bring a bottle:D

The ice belongs in my stateroom bucket ;)

its the most ridiculous bar at sea save your money and time. Its a good way to get sick to go from carib heat to 17 degrees!!!

And this is the most ridiculous comment I have read lately - I think the bar will be fantastic and a lot of fun - the ship is air conditioned FGS, no one will be going from 90 degree temps directly into the cold, which BTW, they do in the Scandinavian countries all the time - sauna to snow.

Seems to be a pretty healthy thing for them to do.

its the most rediculous bar at sea save your money and time. Its a good way to get sick to go from carib heat to 17 degrees!!!

I don't see the attraction if it were on land or sea or afloat.

If you want an ice experience, go Ice Fishing and bring a bottle:D

The ice belongs in my stateroom bucket ;)

We were in the first group on the first full cruise (TA)...some from Rotterdam had been in, but otherwise it was new. The drinks were pre-made & tasty...and one included Canadian IceWine. I carved my initials into the ice on the ceiling, the lighting is interesting, no you don't get sick from temp. swings, the attraction is that there are only 14 of these things in the world, and only 1 which is floating....

It's not "that" cold....we were there 45 mins, and were perfectly comfortable in our ponchos & gloves. In fact I took the hood off, after 20 mins...the poncho was too warm.

And this is the most ridiculous comment I have read lately - I think the bar will be fantastic and a lot of fun - the ship is air conditioned FGS, no one will be going from 90 degree temps directly into the cold, which BTW, they do in the Scandinavian countries all the time - sauna to snow.

Seems to be a pretty healthy thing for them to do.

Think about it - the best time to be in a hot tub is on the coldest nights. When those cold fronts blow through in winter, those are my hot tub nights. Ski resorts all have hot tubs ... people are going from 102 degree tubs out into the snowy cold. Frankly, I find it invigorating!

I would also assume that while in the Ice Bar, everyone is friendly and chatting about it and that it is a fun comraderie experience with fellow cruisers. LOL ... I'd say, the Ice Bar is probably a great Ice Breaker! :D

Think about it - the best time to be in a hot tub is on the coldest nights. When those cold fronts blow through in winter, those are my hot tub nights. Ski resorts all have hot tubs ... people are going from 102 degree tubs out into the snowy cold. Frankly, I find it invigorating!

That is the best time - we have a gazebo over our hot tub and we sit out in all kinds of weather, but it really is wonderful to be in it when the snow is falling - pure bliss!

Archived