Italian suits??

Heather & Mike

Hi All;

We are booked for a 12 night Mediterranean cruise at the end of September. From what I understand, there are 4 nights in which a suit or jacket is recommended.

Mine is a little outdated (and quite frankly does not fit like it used to).

I was wondering about the possibilities of getting a nice suit in Rome prior to the cruise (we have 2 nights there before sailing).

I don't want to spend a lot, as all my money went into the trip.

If anyone has information on where to go fora deal, and how much it might run me it would be appreciated.

Mike

You are not going to find a nice Italian suit to be any bargain. The equivalent suit in the US (albeit minus the Italian designer name) is probably half the cost -- or less.

However, if you want the experience, the via Condotti area at the foot of the Spanish steps (including the other streets in the immediate vicinity) is the place to shop for a designer suit in Rome. There are any number of places to look, including Armani (my ex-DH picked up a jacket here in their less-expensive store, Emporio Armani), Hugo Boss, Brioni (very classic), and Ermenegildo Zegna (a favorite of ex-FIL).

Basic tailoring is generally included in the price, but most stores want more than a day to get this completed, so plan accordingly.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will have to haul my suit across the ocean with me.

Since regardless of what you do you would have to haul the suit home with you I really think this is a wise decision. Your best prices are at home unless you are talking about places in Asia and even then it depends.

Keith

Archived