Hotel Ft Lauderdale?

bruexx

We are going on a Princess cruise on Oct 24 out of Ft Lauderdale,just wondering what others suggestions mite be for pre cruise+ post cruise hotel accommodation? On a previous cruise we stayed at what is now the Hyatt Place just off of 17th,at 1851 Se 10th Ave.Great nitely rate,but rooms(in 2006) were mediocre,maybe they have been upgraded since then?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Bruce H.

It wasn't a Hyatt Place then...IIRC it became a HP in late 2007 or 08 since that brand was new...they converted all the AmeriSuites to Hyatt Places...(it was still AmeriSuties when I was there throughout 2007)

eta-i kinda misread what you said.....yes the hotel was completely redone since you were there....looks just like the pix on hyattplace.com

Soooo it should be fine, lots of cruisers stay there.....

Other than that, scroll through this thread as the question gets asked at least twice a day....there are numerous places...depends what you want to do/be near/budget, etc......

My MIL and her friend stayed at the Embassy Suites in FL for 3 days post cruise and loved it. They booked it through RCI as it was cheaper than the hotel website and included the transfer pier to hotel and hotel to Miami airport, which was important to them as they were both 85 at the time.

Simon

My DH and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street several times. There is a "free" cooked to order breakfast and a manager's reception with free drinks and snacks. You can get to the beach easily from here using the trolley which is free during the week and about 50 cents on the weekends.:cool:

My DH and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street several times. There is a "free" cooked to order breakfast and a manager's reception with free drinks and snacks. You can get to the beach easily from here using the trolley which is free during the week and about 50 cents on the weekends.:cool:

Can you tell me what restaurants are within walking distance of the Embassy Suites? We will be staying there pre-cruise next month and would enjoy something other than those "chain restaurants". Preferably a seafood establishment.

Thank you!

We are going on a Princess cruise on Oct 24 out of Ft Lauderdale,just wondering what others suggestions mite be for pre cruise+ post cruise hotel accommodation? On a previous cruise we stayed at what is now the Hyatt Place just off of 17th,at 1851 Se 10th Ave.Great nitely rate,but rooms(in 2006) were mediocre,maybe they have been upgraded since then?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Bruce H.

I also Stayed there when it was Amerisuites. I think you were being generous when you said the rooms were Mediocre:eek: lol

Anyway I stay there a couple of times a year now. Love the Hyatt Place Rooms. :)Shuttle and continental breakfast is a no brainer when you get it on Hotwire/ priceline or valuetrips. Enjoy your trip!

Reader

Archived