Roatan

BoardwalkBabe

I was in Roatan in December on the Crown on my first solo cruise and had a great time in Roatan. I booked a private tour with Victor Boden http://www.boddentours.com/ and I had a lovely lady driver who was raised in Roatan. Saw the complete island...about 5 hours...and had lunch at the beach. They will tailor a tour to see anything special you want, or leave it up to them.

If you don't want to see the island, there is a great beach right by the pier and some shopping in the 'village' Carnival Corp built just for their own use.

Enjoy!

Barbara

We did this port last November. Not a place I would like to revisit.

We did a snorkel excursion and the trip was ~ i hour each way on an old bus and the roads were not the best, scarry at times. We were glad when we saw the ship again.

Maybe we did not see this Island at it's best.

Roatan has been one of my favorite islands to visit. We took a tour with Bodden Tours and it was just great. We toured the island, went to the iguana farm, Victor Bodden's house - they have the white faced monkeys and some other animals, then we went to a nice restaurant for lunch with changing facilities and a nice snorkeling area. On our way back to our ship we stopped at the Cameo factory. I would definately recommend them again - Lionel was our driver for the day.

It really is a gorgeous island and I would love to visit it again.

We were with a Large Cruise Critic Group. Many chose tours with Victor Bodden..Not a single complaint and I think there were 4 -5 different group tours.

My husband and I Booked with Island Marketing a Private Island Retreat.

Fantasy Island. We had the islands basically to ourselves, The water was beautiful, fresh water pool, lots of chairs and beach loungers with Cabana's over them. Kayaks and such.. was 38 pp. We enjoyed it very much. About a 15 minute ride included and she talked about the island all the way. She stayed at the resort the entire time till we were ready to leave.

Great looking island. Banana exporting island. It takes humid

climate and regular showers to grow bananas.

RainNoTan2.jpg

Thankfully for Princess Cruises many people enjoyed Roatan

by booking with Victor. But the 'Village' at Mahogany Bay is a

shopping spot, pure and simple.

The captain may decide to skip Roatan if the weather isn't

co-operating. It has happened that 2 ships were docked

and the wind picked up later in the day...forcing them to

spend the night tied up...and miss Cozumel because of the

weather.

Here is a little animated file I put together to illustrate my

point regarding the weather......

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

:cool::)

RainNoTan.gif

I love Roatan!! Luckily I was there when cruise ships were just starting to stop there and the island was unspoiled and the beaches pristine and uncrowded. It is a beautiful island, has friendly people, and gorgeous white sand beaches. West Bay beach is where we were and only a handful of people were there too.

It has become far more commercialized since then, but I still cannot wait to return next year. The warm, clear water was heavenly. If you're going to stay on the ship, I suggest it be in either Jamaica, Bahamas, or Belize. ;)

We really enjoyed Roatan---also took a toru with Victor Bodden and would highly recommend. Our tour went to a monkey place (the monkeys would sit on your shoulder), and lovely garden, beach break that we just loved and tour. We saw several zip lining places, and were told that zip lining is very popular in Roatan. We had excellent weather in March, but was told later in the season it gets beastly hot!

Carnival Corp. has built their own dock and shops and close nearby beach, but we are glad we got out and about on the island.

We were there the first cruise in November last year. We took a tour from the dockside when we got off the ship. It ended up pouring but it was still a great island. I am glad we saw it.

1848678555_Cruisectober2009No_2100.jpg.28b039d64d238ef94cf8d650bed952a1.jpg

572729918_Cruisectober2009No_2099.jpg.4a49e018377ca9a4b9704b5584d7b956.jpg

Hi There

We were there the same day as Caber boy did it rain,

we docked at the old dock, I think it was Ronnies tours we used,

we had a great day, nice people, well worth getting of the ship.

yours Shogun

Any recommendations for where to dive?

We booked an intro dive through island marketing. They sent us to a company called Anemoma Divers. They were incredible. They had all sorts of dives going on that day. They were really wonderful people. We went to a place called Eels garden off of West Bay. They have a bunch of different dives on their website. We went with Sara. http://www.anemonadivers.com/roatan/index.php

:) We LOVE Roatan!

Probably those who enjoy water sports/beach thing WILL .... Those who do NOT won't ....

Sorry, I have to disagree with you here. We are not water sports/beach people and we LOVED Roatan. It's all about finding what is a good fit for each person to make the best out of each port. We rented a car on drove all over the island and Roatan was our favorite port stop. During our drive we stopped at the Iguana farm and Anthonys Blue Lagoon. The scenery we saw and the people we met made for a wonderful day :D.

I enjoyed Roatan. I booked a horseback ride through the internet...We rode along the beach towns and ended at a beach club to swim!!!

Hi there, can you tell me the name of the place or website where you booked the horseback riding. I'm looking to either do the horseback riding, rent jet skis or the BOB (Breathing Observation Bubble) while in Roatan in December.

Thanks so much for your help.

Holly

Sorry, I have to disagree with you here. We are not water sports/beach people and we LOVED Roatan. It's all about finding what is a good fit for each person to make the best out of each port. We rented a car on drove all over the island and Roatan was our favorite port stop. During our drive we stopped at the Iguana farm and Anthonys Blue Lagoon. The scenery we saw and the people we met made for a wonderful day :D.

:cool: Makes me very happy that you disagree and had a wonderful time!

Your post will certainly encourage others to do something interesting and that Roatan has things all can enjoy doing! :)

We look forward to returning to Roatan this October for the 3rd time. Love touring with Cinthia tours at the roatancabco.com They are awesome and good people. We highly recommend them. They are always waiting when we get off the ship and stay with us all day for whatever we need. Can't ask for more.

Hi there, can you tell me the name of the place or website where you booked the horseback riding. I'm looking to either do the horseback riding, rent jet skis or the BOB (Breathing Observation Bubble) while in Roatan in December.

Thanks so much for your help.

Holly

Hi Holly: Here's the link for the Roatan BOB excursion - www.roatanbob.com.

It was absolutely fantastic......

Archived