Pacific Pearl 2 day TA Cruise

The Pacific Pearl is going to do a two day cruise out of Auckland full of travel Agents and Media on December 18th, before her naming ceremony on the 21st December. Any more picks for who you think the Godmother will be?:rolleyes:

Is this firm because we were just looking online and apparently the pacific pearl is at White Bay in Sydney from the 17th-19th December. We are just trying to work out dates that we will be able to go and see her before we cruise.

Megan

Is this firm because we were just looking online and apparently the pacific pearl is at White Bay in Sydney from the 17th-19th December. We are just trying to work out dates that we will be able to go and see her before we cruise.

Megan

It certainly is firm. They are having the naming ceremony with the Godmother on the 20th. Her first cruise out of Auckland is on the 22nd. I believe she will be refueling in Noumea enroute from Singapore, so won't be going via Sydney, are you sure you are not looking at December 2011.

It certainly is firm. They are having the naming ceremony with the Godmother on the 20th.

Is it the 20th or the 21st? :p

Her first cruise out of Auckland is on the 22nd. I believe she will be refueling in Noumea enroute from Singapore, so won't be going via Sydney, are you sure you are not looking at December 2011.

Cool :cool:

Maybe Dame Kiri ??

I think she would rather wait till she is asked by Cunard, or some other luxury line:rolleyes:

May I suggest the beautiful Helen Clarke. :eek::D

She is too busy setting herself up to rule the World at the UN:eek::D

Perhaps like Australia, someone who has been Govenor General?

Perhaps a sporting Star?

Perhaps someone with a nautical background?

It will be intriguing to find out.

Sir Edmund and Lady Hillary were God Parents of a ship. I think it was the Marco Polo, or her sister ship in the line, and they used to host the cruises to Antarctica.

It certainly is firm. They are having the naming ceremony with the Godmother on the 20th. Her first cruise out of Auckland is on the 22nd. I believe she will be refueling in Noumea enroute from Singapore, so won't be going via Sydney, are you sure you are not looking at December 2011.

Here is the information from the Sydney POrts Website

Pacific Pearl

17-Dec-2010 03:00 (Fri)

19-Dec-2010 06:00 (Sun)

White Bay 5 - layup no pax

White 5

CVL

Im wondering if they have booked at white bay in case things arent quite finished. You would think that if they had booked and planned the naming and didnt need White Bay they would have canceled it already.

I would love to be one of those media people who get to see the Pacific Pearl first (And be the first person from Cruise Critic to take photos of the inside of her)

Send a letter to P&O, I think they have an Auckland office, and request permission:)

It does no harm to ask, especially if you tell them that you will be promoting the ship on an Internationally visited site.

Here is the information from the Sydney POrts Website

Pacific Pearl

17-Dec-2010 03:00 (Fri)

19-Dec-2010 06:00 (Sun)

White Bay 5 - layup no pax

White 5

CVL

Im wondering if they have booked at white bay in case things arent quite finished. You would think that if they had booked and planned the naming and didnt need White Bay they would have canceled it already.

I Hope the Pacific Pearl isn’t going to Sydney first!

As am hoping to go down on my birthday to see her.

Here is what the Ports of Auckland website says: http://www.poal.co.nz/cruise_ships/cruise.asp

PACIFIC PEARL

Arrives - 18/12/2010 05:30

Departs - 22/12/2010 16:00

Yeh I read what the ports of Auckland page said which is where my confusion came from. Early on I remember reading it was also going to be berthed at OPT for a night but that has since changed. I was under the assumption that there would be a TA cruise out of sydney for those days it was in sydney.

Not sure what is happening but guess we will find out soon enough.

Megan

Archived