W class more than JS price?

I have noticed that on some Royal Caribbean cruises, when W class (deluxe guarantee) is offered, it is more than the price of a Junior Suite. I am wondering who would pay more for the chance of getting a Junior Suite anywhere on the ship (and perhaps not a great location), when for a hundred dollars or so more, you can get a great location if you take the less expensive Junior Suite option. There are only so many Grand Suites and Owner suites available, and the chances of getting one, or one being available are not that good. So why would you pay extra for the W class?

I personally think Royal is out of their minds.

I wouldn't! A JS is perfect...and we really don't need any extra space. However, there really are no "bad" JS locations...so if a suite gty. was cheaper than booking a specific JS, I'd go for it. But, not if it was more expensive!

I have noticed that on some Royal Caribbean cruises, when W class (deluxe guarantee) is offered, it is more than the price of a Junior Suite. I am wondering who would pay more for the chance of getting a Junior Suite anywhere on the ship (and perhaps not a great location), when for a hundred dollars or so more, you can get a great location if you take the less expensive Junior Suite option. There are only so many Grand Suites and Owner suites available, and the chances of getting one, or one being available are not that good. So why would you pay extra for the W class?

I don't know about your specific situation, but I believe it's rare that a W class is priced lower than a JS. I've used the W class several times, and it has always been cheaper than a JS. Perhaps the JS price is lower in your case because of some residency or senior discount available for the JS that is not available for the W. However, in your case I agree that I'd rather have a JS in a location I pick, than a very small chance at a GS or better.

When W guarantees are available, I have never seen one that is more expensive than a JS.

I'm learning something new here. Because what you are saying is that a guarantee of a JS is more than a JS.:confused::rolleyes:

Maybe other posters will bring me more light!!:)

Rick

One reason might be if you don't have the extra hundred dollars or so?

When W guarantees are available, I have never seen one that is more expensive than a JS.

I'm learning something new here. Because what you are saying is that a guarantee of a JS is more than a JS.:confused::rolleyes:

Maybe other posters will bring me more light!!:)

Rick

Thanks Rick, I thought I was missing something here. That is what I got from the post too. Always something new to learn, each and every day.

Annieeee

On the cruise that I'm looking at it says:

Deck(s): Guarantee StateroomOccupancy: Up to 2 guestss.gifs.gifWith this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.s.gif

So you may not even end up with a JS. Cat W doesn't come

up very often but I'm curious to watch this thread for peoples'

experiences.

That W GTY might get you a JS. Or it might get you a OS or a GS. I would venture to guess if the W is more than a JS, it is because they anticipate berthing that W in an OS or GS. Take a look at the availability and that might make it clearer.

Sorry to hijack this thread but... :o

My October Vision cruise has categories W, X, Y and Z - suite, balcony, outside and inside guarantee rates - all listed as $100,278. Huh? I called RCI and the rep said that these are "F.I.T. rates" and not yet available (as if anyone would want them).

So... does anyone know what this means?

Sorry to hijack this thread but... :o

My October Vision cruise has categories W, X, Y and Z - suite, balcony, outside and inside guarantee rates - all listed as $100,278. Huh? I called RCI and the rep said that these are "F.I.T. rates" and not yet available (as if anyone would want them).

So... does anyone know what this means?

It means

(1) the computer system has blown a gasket

(2) the rep has no idea what s/he is talking about.

On the cruise that I'm looking at it says:

Deck(s): Guarantee StateroomOccupancy: Up to 2 guestss.gifs.gifWith this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.s.gif

So you may not even end up with a JS. Cat W doesn't come

up very often but I'm curious to watch this thread for peoples'

experiences.

I think that's a case of the copy writers not having their work proofread and/or not updating the website to reflect the fact that JS cabins exist. The JS used to be a superior oceanview Category C cabin, but that changed in 2003 or 2004. I've never heard of anybody booking a W guarantee and getting anything but a JS or higher.

As for why the W is more expensive than the actual JS, it's probably for the same reason that a balcony is once in a blue moon cheaper than an oceanview. I think that the computer algorithm changes prices based on bookings in a particular catetory. If there's an avalanche of bookings in a particular category, the price goes up, but there's no "ceiling" that keeps it from going above the next category. I think.:p:)

Archived