Lines on the epic

Bgem75

For those of you that have already sailed on her..

Is it true what we have been hearing, that even those with tickets to BMG and LEGENDS are forced to wait in line for the shows.

Some reports are saying that those with tickets had to wait in line 30 to 45 mins before being let in so they would not loose their seats to those without tickets.

Others are saying that there are 2 lines. One for those with tickets and one for those without tickets.

What was your experience?

I am not looking foward to hurring up to stand in line.

If you have a ticket you should be let in and not have to wait in line. Isn't that the point of having to reserve the show ahead of time??

Please share your experiences.

Thank you in advance.

I showed up at the very last minute and was able to get good seats. I was also able to book the show a second night from the TV in my room !!! and also had no trouble coming at the last minute a 2nd time. I just gave them my cruise card and they swiped it to see if I was "on the list". Not sure if there are actual tickets... Great show! We saw Legends (or a version of it) in the Manhattan dining room while having dinner. Also fabulous. Have fun!

I showed up at the very last minute and was able to get good seats. I was also able to book the show a second night from the TV in my room !!! and also had no trouble coming at the last minute a 2nd time. I just gave them my cruise card and they swiped it to see if I was "on the list". Not sure if there are actual tickets... Great show! We saw Legends (or a version of it) in the Manhattan dining room while having dinner. Also fabulous. Have fun!

Do you remember which night you were able to see Legends in the Manhattan? Do you know how often they play there or if there is alternate entertainment there each night? Thanks!

We were on the TA cruise, and hopefully future cruisers will have a better experience than we did with the lines. We learned after our premium cirque tickets were given to others (we booked on line in advance and showed up about 20 minutes before show time in the loooong line) that we must get to the venues earlier than the 20 minutes I had alloted. We waited in lines a TON! Most often we would try to que about an hour before the show was to start and were fine (3 of us). However, it seemed as though on the last day of the cruise the long ques were not needed and our BMG show was only half full, we also were able to get into 2nd city pretty easily at the last minute.

We were able with a special invitation to see Legends at the epic theater and waited in a "special" line that we still ended up waiting for well over an hour+.

There were sort of 2 lines, one for people with tickets then those without were told to stand aside till they could confirm there were extra seats.

Again we were on the TA in a deluxe balcony and I am hoping that this was more of a TA problem, and it will be better on later cruises:)

It was posted in another thread that you can only see a show once. Then if you tried again and they swiped your card/ticket, then it would show up that you've already been to the show and they won't allow you in again. So this is not true?

I can't wait to hear from the people that are on there now to see how their experience is going with the booked shows and waiting times.

It was posted in another thread that you can only see a show once. Then if you tried again and they swiped your card/ticket, then it would show up that you've already been to the show and they won't allow you in again. So this is not true?

I can't wait to hear from the people that are on there now to see how their experience is going with the booked shows and waiting times.

I'm encouraged by that! We're doing BMG the first night because we want to be able to attend again if we can later in the week. Maybe after everyone's gotten a chance to book on the ship they open it up for additional reservations. :)

I was on the 2 day inaugural out of Miami with about 2200 people. Perhaps my experience was/will not be the norm. However, for BMG, on future cruises, they only assign tickets to about 70% of the seats so there will always be seats available for walk ins. Sorry to mislead... I still think you can make reservations through your TV :-)

For those of you that have already sailed on her..

Is it true what we have been hearing, that even those with tickets to BMG and LEGENDS are forced to wait in line for the shows.

Some reports are saying that those with tickets had to wait in line 30 to 45 mins before being let in so they would not loose their seats to those without tickets.

Others are saying that there are 2 lines. One for those with tickets and one for those without tickets.

What was your experience?

I am not looking foward to hurring up to stand in line.

If you have a ticket you should be let in and not have to wait in line. Isn't that the point of having to reserve the show ahead of time??

Please share your experiences.

Thank you in advance.

No one forces anyone to stand in line.

The doors open at a set time before the show(30mins IIRC) people just turn up even earlier and start a line.

Even with a small theatre it takes a while to get every one in.

Seen the same on Celebrity for main dining, door open at 8:30 people start lining up at 8:10, that with assigned seating.

Sit in the bar till 8:35 and just walk in and sit down.

It's the way people are love to form a line.

No one forces anyone to stand in line.

The doors open at a set time before the show(30mins IIRC) people just turn up even earlier and start a line.

Even with a small theatre it takes a while to get every one in.

Seen the same on Celebrity for main dining, door open at 8:30 people start lining up at 8:10, that with assigned seating.

Sit in the bar till 8:35 and just walk in and sit down.

It's the way people are love to form a line.

Reports have come across that you must get there earlier or what happened to a poster above..they lost their premium seating at cirque because..they didn't get in line early enough.

Hopefully we will hear better reports from this weeks cruise.

Reports have come across that you must get there earlier or what happened to a poster above..they lost their premium seating at cirque because..they didn't get in line early enough.

Hopefully we will hear better reports from this weeks cruise.

I can't see them giving away premium seating if you're in line by the deadline for giving those away. I would think they would let all the reserved people in before opening it up to any "standby passengers". I'm not sure we're seeing the whole story.

I'll line up for BMG because I think my kids will enjoy the experience of being towards the front, plus we have 11 people we'd like to have sit together. No different than getting in line early for anything when you have special needs/desires.

I can't see them giving away premium seating if you're in line by the deadline for giving those away. I would think they would let all the reserved people in before opening it up to any "standby passengers". I'm not sure we're seeing the whole story.

I'll line up for BMG because I think my kids will enjoy the experience of being towards the front, plus we have 11 people we'd like to have sit together. No different than getting in line early for anything when you have special needs/desires.

I have read on here and on other boards that this has happened to multiple people...unless i am reading the same post by the same person everywhere...lol. But I doubt that.

I am just concerned with the whole thought of having to hurry up to wait in line.

I have read on here and on other boards that this has happened to multiple people...unless i am reading the same post by the same person everywhere...lol. But I doubt that.

I am just concerned with the whole thought of having to hurry up to wait in line.

The one's that I read about was if you were late??? I think they said they only hold it for up to (is it) 10-15 minutes or so and if you don't show, they give your seat to someone else waiting in line. I may be wrong, but I did see a post about that.

The one's that I read about was if you were late??? I think they said they only hold it for up to (is it) 10-15 minutes or so and if you don't show, they give your seat to someone else waiting in line. I may be wrong, but I did see a post about that.

I read the same post somewhere as well.

I was one person who showed up about 20-25 minutes before the show was to start for our premium seats that we reserved in advance. Once we got to there we waited in line while everyone got there cards scanned (about 5minutes in line). Just as we got to the front (we were a party of 3) they called for "anyone else with premium tickets come here." We went forward our cards were scanned and we were told we had great seats!!!

We got to the maitre d' who told us to stand aside so she could find us our premium seats. The venue looked packed. We waited as traditional seats were finished being filled. We waited at the side for about 15 minutes, kindly reminding them that we were waiting for our premium seating, the show was starting and we were standing, people were eating their bread & salads. We were confused and concerned!

To make a long story short we were put in a booth that had a large poll in our view and the people we sat with were squished to the side. The seating was HORRIBLE, and was not premium! My son with a shellfish allergy had to wait forever to get his plate.

All in all it was a pretty awful evening as we couldn't see anything really around the poll, and the seats made it difficult to see anything in the air above... I would say sort of worthless!

At that point we learned that we must que much earlier (this was the 2nd night.)

To NCl's credit when complained the took off our premium seating off out bill. It was still hard to not be able to see the show, and I feel disappointed that we missed out, but we did learn our lesson. By the end of the cruise we would bring my son's nintendo DS so he could be entertained in hour long lines...

I was one person who showed up about 20-25 minutes before the show was to start for our premium seats that we reserved in advance. Once we got to there we waited in line while everyone got there cards scanned (about 5minutes in line). Just as we got to the front (we were a party of 3) they called for "anyone else with premium tickets come here." We went forward our cards were scanned and we were told we had great seats!!!

We got to the maitre d' who told us to stand aside so she could find us our premium seats. The venue looked packed. We waited as traditional seats were finished being filled. We waited at the side for about 15 minutes, kindly reminding them that we were waiting for our premium seating, the show was starting and we were standing, people were eating their bread & salads. We were confused and concerned!

To make a long story short we were put in a booth that had a large poll in our view and the people we sat with were squished to the side. The seating was HORRIBLE, and was not premium! My son with a shellfish allergy had to wait forever to get his plate.

All in all it was a pretty awful evening as we couldn't see anything really around the poll, and the seats made it difficult to see anything in the air above... I would say sort of worthless!

At that point we learned that we must que much earlier (this was the 2nd night.)

To NCl's credit when complained the took off our premium seating off out bill. It was still hard to not be able to see the show, and I feel disappointed that we missed out, but we did learn our lesson. By the end of the cruise we would bring my son's nintendo DS so he could be entertained in hour long lines...

That is terrible. I hate to hear that this happened (even though the premium seating was removed, you still couldn't see the show well). I think if something like this happens to me, premium seating or not, I would get up and not only complain that I can't see, but demand another night were they could give me a seat that I could see from. I don't think I would have the patience to set there the entire show and not be able to see. :( They would have had to make it right, other than refunding me a measly $5.00 off each seat.

Many many lines on the transatlantic.

I think, as people get used to everything, the lines will diminish. Annoying to have to stand in line to make entertainment reservations that you then have to stand in line to use. If the reservations could be made via the TV, that would improve things - the box office was only open a couple of hours in the morning and again in the afternoon - an invitation to line up.

We showed up about a half hour before Cirque Dreams, no problem. 15 minutes before the magician, no luck, missed him. 45 min before BMG to get decent seats. Early for Second City but didn't need to - lots of seating in that venue. Showing up 1/2 hour early was our SOP on any cruise to ensure decent seats.

We also received the 'special invitation' for Legends. It said 10:00 on the invitation so we arrived at 9:30 to stand in line. Doors opened at 10, everyone seated by 10:35(no empty seats) but show started at 11:00. An hour and a half of my vacation time that I will never get back, I was very angry at the waste of my time. But that was probably a one-off mistake -- hope they learned from it (I know I did).

Archived