Having trouble booking a room in Rome for May 2011

CruisinManiac

Is it too early to book? All reservations say "not available." This is for anything from a B&B to a small hotel. The last time I visited Rome, reservations were made just 4 months or less ahead with no trouble accept not getting a B&B that I wanted.

Do you have your cookies enabled on your computer? The only time I get that message (and we're also going to Rome in May) is when I have disabled the cookies........

We are looking at June 2011 in Rome and are having the same issue. I think it's too early for a lot of these places. I emailed one apartment and the owner responded and told me they will start taking their June 2011 reservations in November. So I would try contacting places directly. Also for this apartment rental, the owner's website had a much better rate than one of the rental booking websites I looked at.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try direct contact, which is usually what I do after seeing the rate. Since I cannot get a rate, I have no choice.

Not the to Cookies, as there are some hotels that I can get a rate for my dates, but they were in larger hotels.

I do not think it is too early for most of the hotels or B&B's. I am on a cruise for the same month and have had my hotel booked in Venice since this past May. Most of our fellow CC'ers on that cruise have also booked. I know people who are on an Oct 2011 cruise out of Rome and have had their hotels booked for months now. I guess it just depends. I did not let the "not available" from the hotel's online system deter me. As the OP said, i emailed the hotel directly and was able to make a reservation. Good luck:D

You can get an idea of the rates by changing your dates to ones closer to now. I am busy researching for the land part of my trip to China next year and am running into similar problems. I emailed one hotel which returned with a quote.

There are certain cities where I have favorite hotels. If I know I am going to be there a long time in advance, I call or email (I'm old and used to fax them <grin>) them directly. This usually works but sometimes I get a reservation with a price to be determined ... which I could cancel when the price was set.

The price TBD is more common in certain Asian countries where to rates change 1 January (Singapore, for example).

We have a cruise set for Sept 2011 and we have already booked (with confirmed rates) our hotel in Rome. We need 4 rooms and one of them is a triple. Hotel we settled on was more than okay to take our reservation and confirm prices. 4 day cancellation policy so we aren't committed to anything just yet.

Just email hotels directly.

Archived