Diamond/Super Bowl

Fetchpeople

I will be on the Diamond when the Super Bowl is played on February 6, 2011, which means February 7 in Australia.

Questions:

Does Princess typically telecast this event when in waters outside the US?

If they do, would it be premature to put down a book and blanket on a MUTS chair (assuming that feature will be done during the coming drydock), say next week? OK, OK the timing is a tongue in cheek.

I will be on the Diamond when the Super Bowl is played on February 6, 2011, which means February 7 in Australia.

Questions:

If they do, would it be premature to put down a book and blanket on a MUTS chair (assuming that feature will be done during the coming drydock), say next week? OK, OK the timing is a tongue in cheek.

The Super Bowl should be on MUTS (it's pretty likely to be one of the additions during drydock), but even if you mark your chair next week in preparation I'm betting you'll lose your seat while the Diamond is in drydock in October... I'll be on the Diamond the cruise just before you, do you have a chair preference and I'll leave a towel and book there for you?

The Super Bowl should be on MUTS (it's pretty likely to be one of the additions during drydock), but even if you mark your chair next week in preparation I'm betting you'll lose your seat while the Diamond is in drydock in October... I'll be on the Diamond the cruise just before you, do you have a chair preference and I'll leave a towel and book there for you?

Love to see two CCers conspiring to tie up a lounge chair for weeks.

This is a great time to do that. Also a fantastic time to ask

when your balcony cabin might be assigned! (pet peeve)

We have been on a cruise when the Super Bowl was on and they played the game in a couple of lounges as well as in the cabins. No MUTS on the ship we were one. The funny thing is that there were no commercials aired. During the time there should have been commercials there was just a frozen shot of the field. Really missed seeing the commercials that year. There were several Super Bowl parties going on throughout the ship with appetizers.

Questions:

And what time will it be on Australian time?

I'm sure it will.

We were on the Star for the last Superbowl and it was in the show lounge in the back (whatever it's called on the Star) and on Muts.

Did I mention we were in Antarctica at the time? So, Australia shouldn't be much of a problem.

It was cold - and so only a few were watching on MUTS. My husband commented that it was really quite amazing - 100 years ago Ernest Shakleton and his crew were fighting for their lives there, and now they're watching the Superbowl live on a Jumbotron.

Remarkable.

Archived