Thinking about cruising.....But

USNUZULOOSE

I am not completey new to the boards. I have cruised carnival and enjoyed it very much. I am not one of the dihards that I need to get my 10 in for a few perks. I like to be able to try all kinds of ships no matter what line. The peeve that I have is I do know how to use the search engine, and I do use it.

But on occasion I honestly may not find what I am looking for and may need to have a question answered. I am also sensitive to the fact that some people are new and know nothing about the use of the board. So that is why they ask.

But with the way some people are answering folks I may just book my cruise and be surprised for what is in store instead of feeling like I can not ask. So please be kind to the new people and dont criticize. Jo

I am not completey new to the boards. I have cruised carnival and enjoyed it very much. I am not one of the dihards that I need to get my 10 in for a few perks. I like to be able to try all kinds of ships no matter what line. The peeve that I have is I do know how to use the search engine, and I do use it.

But on occasion I honestly may not find what I am looking for and may need to have a question answered. I am also sensitive to the fact that some people are new and know nothing about the use of the board. So that is why they ask.

But with the way some people are answering folks I may just book my cruise and be surprised for what is in store instead of feeling like I can not ask. So please be kind to the new people and dont criticize. Jo

Hi Jo,

Ask away, some of us around here do like to help when we can......:)

Others do get tired of reading the same questions over and over.

Margaret

Thank You Jo. I did search through the engine and for the life of me I cant fing any posting with pics for the spirit that goes to alaska. Is that many people here do not post pics? If not its ok I understand. Thanks

When is or did the Spirit going to Alaska?

The Spirit is doing the Boston to Bermuda run this summer, New England/Canada in the Fall and then she returns to New Orleans where she will be year round from now on. I haven't heard of an Alaska runs for her anytime in the future.

Oh sorry I think its in 2011 april

Are you sure it's the NCL Spirit? Possibly the Spirit of Alaska...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=110

I just don't see the NCL Spirit heading to Alaska...:confused: The NCL Pearl and the NCL Star will both be doing the Alaska season in 2011 I believe.

I did a search with Star to Alaska and came up with 250 threads....glanced through the list and the ones with little paper clips by them have photos attached.

Found this on the bottom of the second page some where.......photos of the dailys and the Star cruise from May 1st.....

http://community.webshots.com/user/razz29

Cabins, dining room, what ever I can get I wont be picky.

Check the link in my last post....

Somewhere on webshots I have my own pictures from the Star, but they are a few years old and of the Mexican Riviera run.

You might try going to webshots and doing a search there as well....

I'll see what else I can dig up, after dinner...:)

I was really wanting to know more about the ship we are supposed to be on, so I searched on YouTube and got lots of great picture slide shows and videos of all kinds of stuff. I know you have searched, have you looked there? I only ask because it wasnt until I saw a post on here about one that I went and searched there.

Good Luck!! One of these days, I'm gonna make it on an Alaska cruise.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Those who don't want to answer don't have to.:p

As for the Star we have sailed her twice with a 3rd time coming up in September. I have many pictures of the Star and will be taking new pictures since we are staying in one of the new suites on deck 12. Let me know by email if you'd like pictures.

hikini@gmail.com

Take care

Hikini:D

Hi Neighbor!

I have a few photos of a balcony room on my Webshots album, Mexican Riviera so you can check that out if you like. The link is down with my signature. I forget to take ship pictures when I travel.

The Star is a very nice ship. Feel free to ask questions as someone will always have an answer - sometimes there are more answers then you need, or want but most people are only trying to help.

Thank you all for a response. Its ok if you dont know, you dont know. We all learn. Any pics are welcomed. Do they have regular cabins? Or are they just suites. I read she is in dry dock? I probably wont get to sail on her til next year. Thanks for the info about you tube, did not think of that but I will now. One other question, important do you need a full passport? We have the cards. Thanks Jo

Jo, I have lots of photos of the Star, too, from our 3 cruises on her. There's a link in my signature to my Webshots photos. From there, just choose those you'd like to see.

Your screen name is hilarious! :D

Thanks, we use it for ebay.

Do they have regular cabins? Or are they just suites. [/Q]

What do you mean regular cabins? There are inside, ocean view, balcony, mini-suite (glorified balcony), suite, penthouse, villa. All kinds of different categories and price levels.

One other question, important do you need a full passport? We have the cards. Thanks Jo

It all depends on where you are cruising from/to and if its a closed loop cruise i.e. leaving from Miami to Cozumel and home to Miami. To and from the same U.S. port. Otherwise cards are only good from land crossings from Canada or Mexico. Check at the State Dept's. website for actual information.

Okay, you are new.

Take some time and read some reviews. Read through a few weeks of postings and you will find items you never even knew enough to ask.

See my link below.

Okay just my point, what are these forums for if not to ask? I said in my original post I do use the search. If I can not find it I will ask. I guess I will go somewhere where I feel comfortable. Thank you for the rest of you who was a great help. And for people like this why are you on the board?

Thank you all for a response. Its ok if you dont know, you dont know. We all learn. Any pics are welcomed. Do they have regular cabins? Or are they just suites. I read she is in dry dock? I probably wont get to sail on her til next year. Thanks for the info about you tube, did not think of that but I will now. One other question, important do you need a full passport? We have the cards. Thanks Jo

Lots of cabins and very few suites - what did you book?

Those cards are a real joke - US Govt should be ashamed of that scam. (except for travel to Canada/Mexico).

As to not always getting the answer - be calm. Be patient.

Okay just my point, what are these forums for if not to ask? I said in my original post I do use the search. If I can not find it I will ask. I guess I will go somewhere where I feel comfortable. Thank you for the rest of you who was a great help. And for people like this why are you on the board?

Since you asked, the forums are for discussion, Q & A, news, and information with the occasional hot dog or popcorn thread.

You seem to have a real bug in your ear about people just shutting up & answering what YOU want, when YOU want it. Well this isn't a paid reference desk....you get what you get. Maybe if you approached the board with a less antagonistic mindset, you'd get less antagonistic responses.

You've been here over a year, and have posted 125 times.... it's NOT like you're new....yet the questions you're asking are easily locatable if you do you OWN homework, instead of expecting strangers to do it for you.

The nasty responses from some on this board bother some of us old-timers, too.

Just a suggestion -- if you don't want to supply real answers to a poster's query, just keep scrolling down the board unil you find some thread that can use your expertise (because you are cruising experts). There are plenty of us who don't mind answering questions more than once.

Archived