Help Needed re changing category ASAP

larryvel

For over a month I have been working with NCL regarding my aft penthouse sleeping arrangements. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I booked an aft penthouse for myself and my niece using the photo on NCL's web-site stating that there would be a couch and table in room. As has been mentioned on this board there is only a bed and two small chairs in the penthouse with nowhere for my niece to sleep other than with me. Today, NCL offered me a deluxe spa balcony and stated that I can keep the suite amenities including use of the courtyard and epic club. What are your thoughts - is this a good deal. To me it seems that if I get both access to the spa and courtyard I'm ahead. Thanks.

Well, I think access to the spa is approximately a $200 value (I think that's the price of a couple's pass), so how does that compare to the typical price difference for those rooms? If the spa suite is normally a lot cheaper, I'd try to get some compensation for the difference since spa access is pretty cheap. I don't know how you place a value on "keeping" courtyard access, but make sure this wouldn't have been included anyway. I thought I read that all suite passengers have access to that part of the ship. Maybe I was just dreaming that. :)

Well, I think access to the spa is approximately a $200 value (I think that's the price of a couple's pass), so how does that compare to the typical price difference for those rooms? If the spa suite is normally a lot cheaper, I'd try to get some compensation for the difference since spa access is pretty cheap. I don't know how you place a value on "keeping" courtyard access, but make sure this wouldn't have been included anyway. I thought I read that all suite passengers have access to that part of the ship. Maybe I was just dreaming that. :)

To my understanding from NCL only the Spa Suite get access to the Courtyard and epic club. For all other spa rooms only access to the spa without treatments. Since I booked back in July 2009 I paid a lot less for the penthouse then as what a deluxe spa balcony runs for now (appxoimately $500 less).

To my understanding from NCL only the Spa Suite get access to the Courtyard and epic club. For all other spa rooms only access to the spa without treatments. Since I booked back in July 2009 I paid a lot less for the penthouse then as what a deluxe spa balcony runs for now (appxoimately $500 less).

Got it. I think you're right, it was the spa suite. Seems like a pretty good trade-off then. I guess you could go to battle for the price difference between the penthouse and spa balcony were back THEN, but if the cabin meets your needs and isn't TOO different in size (I haven't looked, but if I had to go from a big room to a little one I'd be peeved), maybe you just got a reasonable deal.

If you are paying for the deluxe spa balcony instead of the penthouse and get to keep the suite amenities, GRAB IT! i'll bet there is at least a $1k per passenger price difference!

The spa balcony is DIFFERENT than the spa suite. Spa suite is very similar to the penthouse suite in sleeping arrangements. Spa balcony probably has a couch so that will work for you. That also gives you a free spa pass worth $200--but even without that, if you are saving that much $$$$ and get suite amenities, you are way, way ahead. I'd do that in a heartbeat! All you are giving up from the penthouse is the fancier bathroom, fancier decor and coffee machine.

You might ask if you would also get butler service, and then make sure you are ok without it if that is the case.

You might ask if you would also get butler service, and then make sure you are ok without it if that is the case.

I will still get the butler and consig. So it sounds like I'm getting the best deal possible for my situation.

I will still get the butler and consig. So it sounds like I'm getting the best deal possible for my situation.

TAKE IT!

You will also get a sideview instead of the aftview.

So they're downgrading the room, but leaving the amenities? Are they downgrading the price too?

Courtyard access includes private pool, hottubs, gym, bar, POSH, and the Epic Club which is the best restaurant they've ever put together, on any of their ships.... and you can eat there 3 meals / day.......

This post is very confusing. There are three types of spa staterooms.

Spa Suite is essentially same size a penthouse and price was exactly the same when I booked mine.

Deluxe Spa Balcony is same size Deluxe Balcony.

Spa Balcony is same size as Balcony Stateroom - very small.

All three spa staterooms get to use the Spa but only the Spa Suite has access to the Courtyard.

I really do not see where your niece would sleep in any of these staterooms. I believe only the Deluxe Family Balcony cabins accomodate a third person.

This post is very confusing. There are three types of spa staterooms.

Spa Suite is essentially same size a penthouse and price was exactly the same when I booked mine.

Deluxe Spa Balcony is same size Deluxe Balcony.

Spa Balcony is same size as Balcony Stateroom - very small.

All three spa staterooms get to use the Spa but only the Spa Suite has access to the Courtyard.

I really do not see where your niece would sleep in any of these staterooms. I believe only the Deluxe Family Balcony cabins accomodate a third person.

Answer: 1. That is why I was not offered the Spa Suite since it is exactly the same as a penthouse with the circular bed and no couch.

2. The choice was between the deluxe spa balcony and a deluse balcony so I choose the deluxe spa balcony to get access to the thermal suites.

3. Since I was not offered a spa balcony or balcony I cannot answer this question.

4. That is why I feel that with me getting both access to the spa area and the courtyard area is the best deal and I do not have to settle for the Spa Suite with is the same as a penthouse.

5. I received written confirmation from the Ship (EPIC) not land operations (since land operations had to get an okay from the Ship) to down grade and keep the amenities and they assured me that this cabin (deluxe spa balcony) would accommodate my niece with her own bed. And with this in writing I believe I'm safe.

Archived