Good Food

Good Entertainment

Plenty of sun lungers

Lots of fun day and night

Nice relaxing areas

No kids rules enforced where applicable

Excellent sevice

Sounds absolute rubbish doesn't it ? Can't wait !!!!:D

So then, if I understand you correctly, the only "real" reviews are the so called positive ones.

I have to assume that conversely, if a negative review is written it cannot be considered "real".

Have I got that right?

So then, if I understand you correctly, the only "real" reviews are the so called positive ones.

I have to assume that conversely, if a negative review is written it cannot be considered "real".

Have I got that right?

There hasn't been a REAL bad review yet. There have been 3 people with negatives about the ship:

GKBiii

Lusitanica

MrLuckytoo

1 of the 3 hasn't sailed yet.

2 of the 3 were fixated on the lack of trinkets, because they misunderstood the different between maiden/inaugural, and The Inaugural.

There have been numerous ripples about various things... state-of-ship on TA (from Carib. reports, seems most are addressed), to bathrooms (some like them, some don't), to cabins (some cabins are great, some are less great).

Nobody has really come back and said they had a bad cruise because:

a) the ship didn't get where it was going

b) the food was inedible for a week

c) the staff flipped them off at every possible chance

Until THOSE reviews come in, we won't know whether those negative reviews are real. Given that RCCL has been widely accused of paying forum participants to not only shill for their brand, but actively put down other brands.... we'll only know if the negative reviews are real....after we see who writes them.

For instance, a well-known travel writer tore a strip out of Cirque Dreams calling it the worst show on the high seas.

It is absolutely impossible that he saw the same show we were presented on June 25th, because it was amazing. Non-stop action, creative costumes, beautiful people, trompes l'oeil, feats of balance, strength and diversion... and a sense that the audience was part of the show.

Not everything positive can be trusted, nor can everything negative. I met a LOT of people from the board during the TA.... they can attest, I'm just a guy with a passion for cruising.... but when someone spreads misinformation, or simply claims their own experience as a fact, inferring that it could be extrapolated as a negative for future cruisers.....THEN I stand up and say "not true, it wasn't that way for me".....so while it may have been negatively perceived by that person, it was not necessarily replicable across future cruisers.

Stephen

I went on the July 10th sailing of the Epic and thought the Cirque Dreams show was average at best. My 14 year old step daughter kept asking me if I thought they would keep her from leaving if she tried to walk out. My wife was of the same opinion. Yes there were some amazing feats performed, but the show itself was boring, and I was even chosen to be in the "Chinese orchestra" playing one of the bells.

I think a few of you are missing the jest of what the OP posted. " It's nice to read the real reviews" does not imply only positive reviews count as real reviews - get real:rolleyes:! It is implying it is nice to start reading reviews pertaining to normal 7-day cruises at a normal capacity. How can you base judgement of reviews that where cruises to nowhere or a cruise that only lasted 1 or 2 days? Yes, the TA was a 7-day cruise but to be fair, there was construction still going on, the ship was not full, there were no port days and most importantly, these were more or less preview cruises and Sh#t will happen so why are people surprised?I do not expect everyone to love or hate the Epic but in order to give a fair review, you must experience an Epic cruise under "normal" circumstances.

Well said.

Many reviews have been by people that have not even been on the ship. Some from the "delivery cruises", though certain comments are valid no matter how full or empty the ship is.

I think a few of you are missing the jest of what the OP posted. " It's nice to read the real reviews" does not imply only positive reviews count as real reviews - get real:rolleyes:! It is implying it is nice to start reading reviews pertaining to normal 7-day cruises at a normal capacity. How can you base judgement of reviews that where cruises to nowhere or a cruise that only lasted 1 or 2 days? Yes, the TA was a 7-day cruise but to be fair, there was construction still going on, the ship was not full, there were no port days and most importantly, these were more or less preview cruises and Sh#t will happen so why are people surprised?I do not expect everyone to love or hate the Epic but in order to give a fair review, you must experience an Epic cruise under "normal" circumstances.

AFAIK Epic will not be sailing loaded to full capacity until about the end of September.

That would be fine with me :)

Do they post data on the number of passengers per ship? I too am encouraged by recent reports that include lack of crowding.

You are quick to post misinformation about Royal Caribbean at every chance you get. Are you sure you don't work for NCL, regardless of what you say? The fact you only seem to sail on NCL (according to your signature) and spend an inordinate amount of time dispelling negative comments about NCL, pretty much confirms you are not objective in your views.

You seem to have a personal agenda and frankly have lost all credibility in my book. You believe anything negative written about other cruise lines on CC, but when the same is done to NCL, you are quick to dismiss it and claim some sort of conspiracy. Ridiculous and hypocritical.

Ernie

Conversely, you come across as an RCL cheerleader.

I had read that they had fixed dining, and I most definately read a letter on RCL letterhead saying it was company policy not to post FoDs in their daily newsletter.

I find that less than welcoming.

I spent 22 days on Princess, and then scheduled an emergency NCL follow-up cruise 2 months later, because we liked Princess so little.

We felt like customers on Princess, whereas we feel like family on NCL....and when people are slagging your family....sometimes you get defensive.

Credibility be damned. When someone says you have to line up at 7a.m. to get tickets, which is patently wrong, I'll speak up.

And you, and Lucky, gkbii, and Lusitanica aren't going to change that.

Conversely, you come across as an RCL cheerleader.

I had read that they had fixed dining, and I most definately read a letter on RCL letterhead saying it was company policy not to post FoDs in their daily newsletter.

I find that less than welcoming.

I spent 22 days on Princess, and then scheduled an emergency NCL follow-up cruise 2 months later, because we liked Princess so little.

We felt like customers on Princess, whereas we feel like family on NCL....and when people are slagging your family....sometimes you get defensive.

Credibility be damned. When someone says you have to line up at 7a.m. to get tickets, which is patently wrong, I'll speak up.

By the way it is Royal's policy (as was pointed out to you previously :rolleyes:) to not post any special interest meetings in their dailies...that includes FoD; Friends of Bill W or the Tiddly Winks Players Club Meeting, etc. They are posted on a bulletin board, I believe near Guest Relations. I believe it is to prevent the appearance of favouring one group over another, so all are treated equally.

By the way I'm no cheerleader for any cruiseline. I've been on HAL, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and will be going on my first NCL (Epic) cruise in October. I am hooked on cruising and don't really care what cruiseline.

Trust me I'm not trying to change anything with you. Why bother? If you are content cruising on one line than good for you. I'm not. I like variety and I enjoy the cruise industry at a level where almost all cruise lines have something appealing to me. If a new ship design is introduced, regardless of the cruise line, I want to try it. My point is I don't have to go around trashing other cruise lines to get my point across. You seem to do that at every opportunity.

You call me a Royal Caribbean cheerleader? Why? I'm not the one that keeps bringing up Royal Caribbean. You do, and with incorrect or outdated information I might add. Your source appears to be reading these message boards. I actually have the experience to back up what I am writing, and I am simply setting the record straight. You don't like it when people post incorrect information about NCL, and I don't like it when you do the same thing with other cruise lines.

I don't have a blind allegiance to any cruise line. I cruise them all and frequently. Ask me a question about Carnival, HAL, Celebrity, Princess, Disney, Cunard, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Windstar, Silversea and I can answer it from experience, not from hearsay on an anonymous message board.

If I were a RCI cheerleader, I would imagine I would not be cruising so frequently on other lines. Regarding NCL, I have far more NCL cruises under my belt than you, and started sailing on the line most likely before you even knew they existed. NCL and I have a long history together. The cheerleader label is much more fitting in your case, based upon your reaction to anything negative written about EPIC and NCL on any multitude of posts, and the fact you sail on NCL exclusively.

Ernie

You are quick to post misinformation about Royal Caribbean at every chance you get. Are you sure you don't work for NCL, regardless of what you say? The fact you only seem to sail on NCL (according to your signature) and spend an inordinate amount of time dispelling negative comments about NCL, pretty much confirms you are not objective in your views.

You seem to have a personal agenda and frankly have lost all credibility in my book. You believe anything negative written about other cruise lines on CC, but when the same is done to NCL, you are quick to dismiss it and claim some sort of conspiracy. Ridiculous and hypocritical.

Ernie

I think that we have an NCL employee here in some form or another.

I think that we have an NCL employee here in some form.

without a shadow of doubt........the attacks on anyone saying anything remotely negative are growing increasingly desperate........certainly not the work of a normal poster

I don't think that is the case but still far better the a whole pack of paid "royals". At least RCI got smart enough to stop the kickbacks to posters. :rolleyes:

Again, show the proof of kick backs. A free two night pre inaugural cruise that travel agents, Dimaond Plus members and members of the press receive? Show where they received anything else. You can't can you? Didn't think so. Now back to the regular program here of you and a few of your cronies blasting all the others.

Kickbacks? <perk> ... are you telling me that I could have been making money all this time perusing and posting on these boards???? Darn ... if I only knew, I'd be rich, because I am unfortunately drawn to being here, when I'm really supposed to be doing other things ... :D

Kickbacks? <perk> ... are you telling me that I could have been making money all this time perusing and posting on these boards???? Darn ... if I only knew, I'd be rich, because I am unfortunately drawn to being here, when I'm really supposed to be doing other things ... :D

You mean you did not know that RCI was paying people a $1000.00 per post on the RCI board and $2000.00 per post to blast competitive cruise lines, a free cruise a month in the Royal Suite, first class airfare from your home complete with a stretch limo to and from the airport and a butler to wipe your butt every time that you bend over? Surprised that you had not heard about that.;) Maybe a few on here will come clean and tell us what NCL is paying them. Let's compare and see who offers the best bennies for being a shill ;)

a) the difference between us is obvious. I have found a place which is familiar and comfortable, and I'm very loyal (SuperElite on Air Canada; Diamond at Hilton; etc.). When "facts" are posted which are wrong, I....like you.... defend against them. In other words, you're busily doing to me, the very same thing you accuse me of doing to others. Only you feel justified about it.

There are a couple differences.

1. I'm not disparaging other cruise lines with mis-information when I have never even sailed on them. Is this an attempt to place NCL in a better light? I have only responded to your false statements about RCI. I would do the same if you made false statements about any other line, but for what ever reason you seem to have it in for Royal Caribbean.

2. I don't "police" other message boards and refute every negative comment I read in the way that you do on the NCL board. Talk about a full time job!

I am here for one reason only. My next three cruises are booked on NCL so I have an active interest. I am not here to bad mouth NCL nor cheerlead for the line. I am mature enough that I can easily determine if a negative comment is unwarranted or doesn't apply to me, and the same applies with the positive comments.

In your case, you seem to have a very personal interest in the well being of NCL, beyond what I would consider typical. Any negative comment, no matter how valid seems to be met with cynicism and contempt. Meanwhile all the positive comments are met with roaring applause and accolades. Not exactly an objective approach which is why I have to question your motives and credibility.

Bottom line is I want NCL to succeed as much as you do. The "big two" need to be kept on their toes, and I think NCL can do that. This being said, I'm not willing to turn a blind eye to the real issues that exist with the line. Without them being verbalized, there is absolutely no way for NCL to improve the product.

I think it goes without saying that EPIC has had a substantial amount of start up issues, more than normal. For the most part I think NCL has handled them extremely well. Yes some things could have been handled better, but that is the case with almost any new ship. I have high hopes for EPIC and booked her the minute reservations opened. I had that much confidence in NCL delivering a unique and quality product. EPIC needs to succeed in order for NCL to pursue a growth mode. Not all negative comments are meant to "hurt" NCL. In fact NCL should see most as constructive criticism and implement action plans to correct them. I am pretty sure they are doing just that.

Ernie

yes either to write reviews :rolleyes: or rob the passengers houses when they book through you :eek: lol

Bottom line is I want NCL to succeed as much as you do. The "big two" need to be kept on their toes, and I think NCL can do that. This being said, I'm not willing to turn a blind eye to the real issues that exist with the line. Without them being verbalized, there is absolutely no way for NCL to improve the product.

I think it goes without saying that EPIC has had a substantial amount of start up issues, more than normal. For the most part I think NCL has handled them extremely well. Yes some things could have been handled better, but that is the case with almost any new ship. I have high hopes for EPIC and booked her the minute reservations opened. I had that much confidence in NCL delivering a unique and quality product. EPIC needs to succeed in order for NCL to pursue a growth mode. Not all negative comments are meant to "hurt" NCL. In fact NCL should see most as constructive criticism and implement action plans to correct them. I am pretty sure they are doing just that.

Ernie

Ernie, well written. I too feel very much the same way. In fact I wish RCCL's MDR staff provided the same level of service that the NCL staff provided us on the TA.

I am a true believer in competition - it benefits the consumer and makes for a better product in the long term.

What's funny is that with my Epic TA cruise I obtained silver Lattidues status, the same as the NCL shill that keeps attacking me. In fact I have another NCL cruise planned but after way NCL handled the TA I'm not sure I really want to continue spending my $ with them.

The Epic has some flaws but it's a beautiful ship with a great crew (except for some of the front desk) however MY favorite NCL ship is the Spirit.

I can honestly say that as much as the cabin arrangement/size bothers me a certain shill is much, much more annoying

There are a couple differences.

1. I'm not disparaging other cruise lines with mis-information when I have never even sailed on them. Is this an attempt to place NCL in a better light? I have only responded to your false statements about RCI. I would do the same if you made false statements about any other line, but for what ever reason you seem to have it in for Royal Caribbean. I posted what I thought to be true about RCL, you have refuted some of it (others here have indicated you're not being 100% open about things....if I tried RCL and expected the absolute equivalent of Freestyle...would I find it? I'm asking because OoTS might still be in my future...I have not done much research because I had been under the impression that dining, dress and the other element I mentioned prevailed.) I may at some point try them. But I have not been exclusive to NCL, in fact my longest cruise was with Princess.

2. I don't "police" other message boards and refute every negative comment I read in the way that you do on the NCL board. Talk about a full time job! Nor do I. I'm 99.9% exclusive to the NCL boards...except when I was preparing for the Princess cruise..then I was creating havoc over there, over the whole attitude about wearing a tux, or having to eat in the buffet. Recently, your friend Mr.Lucky posted HERE, a thread he started there....as a way of saying "Told you so"....and I took the bait. That's not exactly Policing the boards.

I am here for one reason only. My next three cruises are booked on NCL so I have an active interest. I am not here to bad mouth NCL nor cheerlead for the line. I am mature enough that I can easily determine if a negative comment is unwarranted or doesn't apply to me, and the same applies with the positive comments. Yes, but you're an experienced cruiser. A newbie cruiser (NCL's target market) might read some of these comments and decide cruising is not for them....all because of some exaggeration, malcontent, or complete mistruth.

In your case, you seem to have a very personal interest in the well being of NCL, beyond what I would consider typical. Any negative comment, no matter how valid seems to be met with cynicism and contempt. That's absurd. Patently absurd. I've posted MY OWN complaints and criticisms. I also have NOT countered "every" negative thing...I've countered those who are all up-in-arms about nothing, and who are trying to cast a negative vibe entirely (see thread titles such as "Not really putting its best foot forward", or "EPIC disappointment", etc. those are meant as headlines, to entice people into the poster's mindset.)

My personal interest is that NCL is innovative, and I think that the cruise industry has for too long catered to *ahem* fuddy-duddies...and I'm appreciative of NCL taking the risks they take. When people "appear" to create noise for the sole purpose of spreading negativity, then I speak up. If you go way back in my post history, you'll see this is the case.

I spend a lot of money on my vacations ($20k/year for 2, usually), and I invest myself personally in the outcome of my vacations. I work hard at work, and I vacation hard too. My time here....other than procrastinating work on my Master's (which is what I should be doing now), is spent planning my next trip.

I've told you....there are many people on these boards who have met me in person. I've earned nothing, never been invited anywhere, had no unearned (meaning not with my latitudes or Suite entitlements) benefits from NCL.

I like their style and I find that their welcome is like being in a family.

Meanwhile all the positive comments are met with roaring applause and accolades. Not exactly an objective approach which is why I have to question your motives and credibility. I rarely add my voice to positive comments. There are many who chime in when someone says they had a good time...I usually read but don't reply to those threads.

Bottom line is I want NCL to succeed as much as you do. The "big two" need to be kept on their toes, and I think NCL can do that. This being said, I'm not willing to turn a blind eye to the real issues that exist with the line. Without them being verbalized, there is absolutely no way for NCL to improve the product. Agreed. That's why I always write a letter to them naming names of those who went over & above, and then detailing any areas for improvement (generally not involving individual names). Legitimate negatives, I have no problem with....the four horsemen of this EPIC board (previously named) seem to have an agenda beyond legitimate negatives.

Ernie

Your last paragraph seems quite reasonable. Maybe we could get along after all! ;) :cool:

I'm honestly trying to keep an open view to both sides of this...shall we call it...game being played against one cruise line to another. The way I see it, this is a forum concerning the Epic, a NCL ship. Everyone is entitled to post their opinion. If you find NCL or any of it's ships are not your cup of tea, you are free to express what you feel. That said, a person should also include some things they did enjoy about the ship and their cruise. When someone gives an opinion that is ALL negative, of coarse you are going to have people (devotees, fans, cheerleaders or whatever you want to call them) come to the defense. What I don't understand is why certain people keep coming back here just to fan the flames...yes, your just fanning the flames and trying to get a rise out of a few people. Makes me wonder why certain people hang aroung this forum but all they have is negative things to say. And by the way, This goes on in EVERY cruise line forum.

Archived