Yanks, Beware - Independence of Seas

Last night via internet; we watched the first ever "Vicar" episode, when she arrives ("Shock!!! A FEMALE Vicar!!") Great stuff..and the most beautiful arrangement of "The 23rd Psalm" as a theme song to what really is a rather bawdy comedy. It is possible that some Americans would not be comfortable with the justaposition of religion and the double entendre comedy (many of the more conservative religious ilk would be very offended)..

but I think the writers pull it off splendidly. This Yanks favorite new (to him) show, thanks to Royal Caribbean!!

Mitch

is often run during PBS membership campaigns here in the USA. If you have not ever seen it, you might be able to catch some of it during pledge!

It's an often funny show that pokes some fun at religious piousness. The writers did a good job of making the vicar religious but definitely not brain dead. The Easter Bunny episode is probably my fave.

Because it was our turn?? We might have given it to you, but you didn't have to eat it; we don't!!:D

Except in Hawaii, where those people seem to love the stuff.:confused:

Spam is proof they use everything but the squeal.

Thanks for the SPAM never eaten it myself but it goes down well on the hook for Carp, Chub and Barbel - (Fish for those not in the know:D)

Last night via internet; we watched the first ever "Vicar" episode, when she arrives ("Shock!!! A FEMALE Vicar!!") Great stuff..and the most beautiful arrangement of "The 23rd Psalm" as a theme song to what really is a rather bawdy comedy. It is possible that some Americans would not be comfortable with the justaposition of religion and the double entendre comedy (many of the more conservative religious ilk would be very offended)..

but I think the writers pull it off splendidly. This Yanks favorite new (to him) show, thanks to Royal Caribbean!!

Mitch

I love the Vicar of Dibley, but being a Brit, my all time favourites are Fawlty Towers, Monty Python and Series 2 of Blackadder. Never ever get tired of any of those. :)

Just the same aswhen we sailed the Navigator from Rome, and to some degree, the Adventure from PR, why would you expect a ship homeported in a country foreign to you, not to cater to the customs, cuisine, etc of the nation it sails from??:confused:

We are sailing the Navigator transatlanic from Rome back to Ft. Lauderdale this coming October, and I was wondering what type of cuisine we might expect.

Anyone?

How funny this thread has been... going back to the food discussion we went on FOS in 2008 from Miami and really loved the American bacon (I had mine in a croissant) and all the different types of food. I am on Adventure in October and am hoping for the same again plus a bit of the med thrown in. We are on IOS in April next year so I shall be intrigued to compare all 3. I do love Blighty but am hoping not to have too much of what I get at home! We shall see... :)

Thanks for the SPAM never eaten it myself but it goes down well on the hook for Carp' date=' Chub and Barbel - (Fish for those not in the know:D)[/quote']We have numerous varieties of carp some domestic some imported for various reasons that are now a problem.

I did look up Chubs and Barbels, and some people over there seem proud to have caught one.:confused:

Here they are trash fish being basiclly inedible and easily caught on rods and trotlines, although they do get quite large at 20 lbs and more.

The fact, as you noted, that they eat Spam has just lowered them in my estimation.:)

I will admit to having caught them, but these days I fish salt water with live shrimp, for Specs, Reds, and Flounder.

We have numerous varieties of carp some domestic some imported for various reasons that are now a problem.

I did look up Chubs and Barbels, and some people over there seem proud to have caught one.:confused:

Here they are trash fish being basiclly inedible and easily caught on rods and trotlines, although they do get quite large at 20 lbs and more.

The fact, as you noted, that they eat Spam has just lowered them in my estimation.:)

I will admit to having caught them, but these days I fish salt water with live shrimp, for Specs, Reds, and Flounder.

You eat carp?!!!:eek: We put carp in the lakes to eat all the nasty stuff.

You eat carp?!!!:eek: We put carp in the lakes to eat all the nasty stuff.

Never, just caught them fun fishing as a kid. I understand some people of the world do eat them. But, I understand you on the Bama coast and Florida eat Mullet (Lady Fish) something we'd never touch but for bait. Although with the oil spill nothing is good coming out of there, the tuna are getting 50 miles a gallon and the oysters taste like 10w30.:D

Archived