Apartments in Barcelona??

vickalee

Has anyone stayed in an apartment instead of a hotel pre or post cruise. They seem to cost less for two couples that 2 hotel rooms. They also have kitchens and living rooms.

Celebrity Constellation, leaving Oct. 23.

I would also be interested in feedback on this topic. Would be looking for one close to La Ramblas area and interested in the prices we would have to pay for 2 couples and what that would include.

Has anyone stayed in an apartment instead of a hotel pre or post cruise. They seem to cost less for two couples that 2 hotel rooms. They also have kitchens and living rooms.

I found Hispanos Siete Suiza recommended here when I had the same problem finding rooms for four people for our cruise in January. For less than the cost of two hotel rooms, we got a gorgeous two bedroom/two bath apartment with the great benefit of having a kitchen and living room and dining area. It was a great solution for my family, and the Hispanos is an apartment hotel, so you also have someone at the front desk, maid service, etc. It's very close to Sagrada Familia and between two convenient subway stops, so it was easy for us to reach the sites, and it's in a vibrant pedestrian area with shops, groceries, take-aways, etc. When my extended family went to Barcelona last month, they stayed there on my recommendation and were also very happy.

Best,

Mia

We rented an apartment in Barcelona a couple of years ago. We love to stay in apartments and homes on our trips because not only is it usually cheaper, it gives you a different perspective on the city. I can't remember which company we booked through but you can google Barcelona apartments and find companies that offer short term rentals. Most will require a 4 night minimum. One company that we have had good experience in the past is http://www.VRBO.com.

Mia:

Was there a minimum number of nights you had to book ? Also, what was the cost for 4 people ?

Dave

I found Hispanos Siete Suiza recommended here when I had the same problem finding rooms for four people for our cruise in January. For less than the cost of two hotel rooms' date=' we got a gorgeous two bedroom/two bath apartment with the great benefit of having a kitchen and living room and dining area. It was a great solution for my family, and the Hispanos is an apartment hotel, so you also have someone at the front desk, maid service, etc. It's very close to Sagrada Familia and between two convenient subway stops, so it was easy for us to reach the sites, and it's in a vibrant pedestrian area with shops, groceries, take-aways, etc. When my extended family went to Barcelona last month, they stayed there on my recommendation and were also very happy.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Mia:

Was there a minimum number of nights you had to book ? Also, what was the cost for 4 people ?

Dave

No minimum - it's really a hotel that just happens to have all apartments. Check the hotel website for prices, but I believe it was about $225 a night in Jan - of course, it will depend on time of year, but also the Euro has dropped since we were there.

I just looked and there's a family offer for $250 a night that includes breakfast and a dinner. The restaurant is very highly rated, but there are so many dining choices nearby, I would just get the lowest rate the hotel has to offer without the meals (the breakfast was lovely, but just coffee and lots of sweets - better to grab some items at one of the groceries nearby the night before and have your own in the room. There was no coffee maker, but I brought Starbucks instant coffee and used the hot water/tea maker to make my own coffee each morning). http://www.hispanos7suiza.com/

Also check hotels.com - they have Hispanos sometimes, but I think the hotel direct is usually the best deal.

Best,

Mia

Nothing easier than this.

Go to craiglist.org and type vacation rental under barcelona.

or go to tripadvisor.com and try barcelona flats.

We are a family of 6 and we booked an apartment for 2 night in a well located area that has high reviews. If you are interested, just let me know the dates and I will contact you 2.

You have to be careful were you book an apartment since there are some areas you wouldn't like to walk during late nights. Especially if you are from the states.

• 4 years later...

My Wife and I, and my Parents are Cruising the Allure in September for the first time. Upon our return to port, we have 7 nights in Barcelona and were wondering the most effective way for four people to comfortably stay 7 additional nights. The focus is on Clean, and Location to Restaurants. Any suggestions?

I used Tendency Group in 2013 for a pre-cruise stay in Barcelona with my 3 sons. I have nothing but positive things to say about them. You can find them on facebook and they have properties all over Barcelona in varying sizes. The photos on their page are accurate.

They did a fabulous job - even picked us up at the airport. Our apartment was phenomenal. Huge master with a king size bed and a lovely full bath with sliding glass windows to a large terrace. Second bedroom with a double bed and an enormous sofa that one of my sons chose to sleep on as he found it super comfortable in the full living room. There was a full kitchen AND a washing machine and even a dining room table. FANTASTIC property.

They were extremely responsive and followed up via email. They did have a 3 night minimum at that time for the type of property we booked, which worked perfectly for us. And it was far more economical than a hotel would have been.

They also seem to partner with the Splendom Group, but I am not as familiar with them.

I would highly recommend Tendency Group. Here is a link to their websitehttp://www.tendencygroup.com/

Edited by BaseballMomof4
Add link

My daughter stayed in these apartments when they visited Barcelona.

http://apt.negre.us/

She said that they were very good and we have booked from the same person for our upcoming October trip.

DON

We booked an apartment in Barcelona for 2 nights post cruise for my family of 5. It's close to La Ramblas and at $473.00 Canadian $ it cost a lot less than 2 hotel rooms. We booked through airbnb.com. I have 4 apartments booked for our upcoming trip. London, Venice, Rome and Barcelona. I'll let you know how it works out

Edited by Sandyrella

We booked an apartment in Barcelona for 2 nights post cruise for my family of 5. It's close to La Ramblas and at $473.00 Canadian $ it cost a lot less than 2 hotel rooms. We booked through airbnb.com. I have 4 apartments booked for our upcoming trip. London, Venice, Rome and Barcelona. I'll let you know how it works out ��

When we were in London for a week last year, we rented a flat. Worked wonderfully. When you got back to your flat in the evening, you felt like you were coming home and not back to a hotel room.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

• 9 months later...

We use AirBnB. We have a three bedroom rented for three days before. I have used them with great success in Paris for a full week and last summer in Venice for a precruise with three couples. We paid the same for three nights as what it would be for 1 night. Same with our apartment in Barc for this summer. It works out to $300 night with three rooms a full kitchen wifi and a big living room. I won't stay in hotels anymore.

We have an apartment booked in Barcelona this October for 4 nights. We booked through vrbo.com. I am looking forward to my first apartment experience!

For October 2017 we are already looking at apartments for 3 nights pre-cruise in Rome and 5 nights post cruise in Tuscany. I love the idea. I will report back how much we liked the actual experience once we are home.:)

In 2017 we are planning to fly to Barcelona after our Tuscany experience for one night prior to boarding the Freedom for a TA back to the states. I doubt if an apartment will be doable for just one night, but it would be nice if we could do that.

Finally a chance to do something I have waited for years. http://en.bcngotic.com

is the website for a wonderful apartment in a perfect location in Barcelona. It is located on the Career Argenteria which is a pedestrianized street in a tourist part of town. One end is the church Santa Maria Del Mar , worth a visit and in all the guide books and the other is on a Metro station. Multiple restaurants and small shops right on the street as well as in the surrounding area. I still get regular mailers even after a visit 4 years ago when we stayed 5 days. Small but adequate kitchen in the 2 bedroom we had (only 2 of us) Had a washing machine but no dryer. Thought the front unit might be noisy but not the case and you can select from the available units when you make reservations.

Paid a deposit prior to going which was to be held until the end of our stay but as the landlord knew Barca was our final stop on a land tour of Spain she gave us the cash back early so we could use it on meals etc. and not have to either take money home or try to reverse exchange.

Picasso Museum and the Santa Catarina Mercado are both very close.

Would recommend with no reservations of any kind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In April we had an apartment a half block from the Sagrada Familia. We were on the top floor (fifth), street side. Separate bedroom with big comfortable bed, well equipped kitchen with washer/dryer. Step onto the balcony, look right and there is the Passion facade of the S.F. Great location. Metro is on the corner.

The street could be busy, but the windows are well insulated and we were high enough that we had no noise problem. The owner/manager also runs the restaurant on the ground floor (Singular), so he is easy to contact.

Recommend it highly. There is an excellent pinxos style tapas bar across the street, Aitor.

SF Apartments - Carrer de Sardenya, 321 +34 620.235.769 info@privaobcn.com

We booked through hotels.com at a very good rate.

• 3 weeks later...

I use Air b&b all the time. We have a stunning 2 bedroom 2 bathroom living room kitchen 2 balcony's for 4 days with all fees I think it worked out to about 350 a couple.

We also used airb&b 2 years ago when we were there that time it was a 3/ 2 It was great. So nice to have a place to relax and drink wine in our jammies late at night. To be able to make coffee in the morning:)

We also have used Airbnb. Great experiences!

Research the places you want to see and stay close or in the middle of those areas and walk. The metro is very easy to navigate and it only takes 20-25 minutes to walk La Ramblas from port to Placa Catalunya. Walking is best if you want to take in all the amazing architecture.

It is a little less noisy if you do not stay in the gothic area or the el Raval area. After 9 pm shops are closed up with garage door fronts and men are selling beer in these areas so might make for an uneasy feeling. We have stayed in the gothic area with no problems but you might want to research areas first. We have also stayed in the Dreta de Eixample area and near Camp Nou which are less noisy.

Look for places with washer/dryer, lift/elevator. Most buildings are tall so you could have a few steep floors to climb with luggage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

July 1st and 2nd....we just stayed right off Las Ramblas next to the fresh food market. Great little apartment with private bedroom, livingroom with pullout couch and additional mattress if needed. We absolutely loved the location and the apartment was clean and neat.

It could get a little noisy but we were pretty tired at night. We got off the ship and stored our luggage (around the corner at the storage lockers) since we weren't able to get into the apartment right away. We met up with a free walking tour for 2 hours and then met our hosts....perfect way to spend the time.

Can't say enough about the great location - we loved walking everywhere! Las Ramblas is such a fun area.

Email if you want contact information: Panamoka1958 at Yahoo dot com

Judy