Dining Room Dreams - What's the BEST dish you've ever had on a Carnival cruise?

paulandfran

All of this talk about food has been making me dream about the scrumptious food on a cruise. What's your all-time favorite dish? Include an entree, appetizer and dessert if you like.

For me, the entree was a chicken dish many years ago. It was just a simple baked chicken my husband ordered. I ordered something else but took a bite of his and it was seasoned like nothing I'd ever tasted. I really wished I had ordered it and the next day they served it at the buffet lunch so I had a chance to eat it. It was soooo good.

My favorite appetizer is the escargot and my favorite desert Creme Brulee.

I'm getting hungry! :D

For an appetizer, I had some grilled shrimp dish on liberty that was amazing. Favorite entree...gotta say the surf n' turf from the Harry's Supper Club on Liberty was it. Wow. Favorite dessert, surprisingly, was the diet orange cake. Hard to believe, but that was some good stuff. :eek:

The omelet station on the Lido was also PHENOMENAL.

Not counting the Steak House or the Chef's Table it would be Escargot as an appetizer followed by Beef Wellington as the main.

WAY excellent...

:)

My husband LOVED the Beef Wellington. Surf and Turf sounds awesome too. I've yet to try any of the dining you pay extra for but most everyone seems to rave so we'll have to check it out.

My husband LOVED the Beef Wellington. Surf and Turf sounds awesome too. I've yet to try any of the dining you pay extra for but most everyone seems to rave so we'll have to check it out.

On Liberty (and probably all of Carnival's fleet) it's $30 ahead per person. They have a (I think) 5 course menu that would normally cost hundreds anywhere else. We heard a New Yorker say that the steak he had at the Supper Club was better than any he had eaten in high-end NYC restaraunts (we're talking expensive). It's more than worth it. :cool:

If you count the supper club, it has to be the Prime Rib Chop we had on the Glory (capitalized because it's that good!). If this is just for the dining room, I'd have a hard time choosing just one. Oddly enough, I think my favorite is the veal parmigiana that they serve for lunch. I love the lobster bisque that is served in the dining room....better than the one they have in the supper club. I am a fan of Bitter N Blanc, but that cappuccino pie runs a close second! :D

For me (talking MDR here, no supper clubs) I absolutely love the sweet & sour shrimp. YUM.

I love the greek salad and warm chocolate melting cake with butter pecan ice cream, but have heard so many wonderful things about the diet orange cake that I can't wait to try it this time.

For an entree, I would say the short ribs of beef. These are so good my wife, who usually eats tiny amounts will clean her plate.

I've tried the diet orange cake. I will stick with the diet WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE. The apple pie is a must eat too.

Doc

On Liberty (and probably all of Carnival's fleet) it's $30 ahead per person. They have a (I think) 5 course menu that would normally cost hundreds anywhere else. We heard a New Yorker say that the steak he had at the Supper Club was better than any he had eaten in high-end NYC restaraunts (we're talking expensive). It's more than worth it. :cool:

That definitely sounds worth it. I'm going to try it next time if it's offered on the ship I'm on.

My favorite thing to eat is the ceasar salad. I love it so much, I usually order two of them with each meal rather than a soup and salad. Most of the time, after the first night or so, my waiter just brings it to me in a nice big bowl.

I don't know if it is the croutons, the anchovy oil, or the way it is mixed but it is the best ceasar sald I have ever had. It always tastes the same, no matter what Carnival ship I am on. No other cruise line can come close to it.

On the Dream, in May, for the second Elegant night in the MDR they served a sea bass dish that was excellent!! The fish was cooked perfectly. I forgot it's official name.

For desserts, the Grand Mariner souffle is not to be missed.

For apps, the pumpkin soup and the mushroom soup are excellent. All creamed soups and chilled fruit sops are very good.

On the Lido deck, the Tandoori fish is a must. The other Indian dishes are very good, albeit the tiki chicken can get dried out quickly, best when first put out.

app : escargot

salad : greek

soup : strawberry creme

entree: lobster tail and shrimp

dessert : bitter and blanc

for me the escargot are the real treat

Not that many places serve them where I live, few fancy french restaurants (very many tiki bars, casual restaurants etc). It is much easier to find conch fritters and other Caribbean treats in Ft Lauderdale than it is to find escargot and IF you find them they are very pricey

The escargot on the ships are a real treat for me, I always order a "double"

I really, really love the pumpkin soup. And for entree, DH and I agree that the Indian is really good. And this time, I also had the enchilladas and they were GREAT! Would order them again in a heart beat. My older DS loves the ribs and my youngest is a flatiron steak fan. The lamb is also quite good.

Appetizer: Fried Shrimp

Soup: West Indian Roasted Pumpkin

Salad: Caesar

Entree: Chateaubriand

Dessert: GRAND MARNIER SOUFLEE

:cool:Bill

On the Dream, in May, for the second Elegant night in the MDR they served a sea bass dish that was excellent!! The fish was cooked perfectly. I forgot it's official name.

For desserts, the Grand Mariner souffle is not to be missed.

For apps, the pumpkin soup and the mushroom soup are excellent. All creamed soups and chilled fruit sops are very good.

On the Lido deck, the Tandoori fish is a must. The other Indian dishes are very good, albeit the tiki chicken can get dried out quickly, best when first put out.

I am in total agreement about the Tandoori fish and the salad, West Indian pumpkin soup, and the Grand Marnier Souffle. I'm not a big chocolate fan, so I love when the Grand Marnier Souffle, Bitter and Blanc, and the creme brulee are on the menu. As far as regular menu items - I was very surprised by the BBQ ribs, and I love duck, so anytime that's on the menu I'm getting it!

I've got to say that the tilapia entree is a must. :D I swear I am going to try the escargot...do they serve it in butter?

Thought I would never order escargot...did while we were on the Paradise! Tasted like cheese pizza!!! Wonderful!!!

I thought I would be the odd one out since my favorite dish isn't a entree but the Pumpkin soup. After reading the other replies, I see I am not the only one that thinks this. I look forward to it every cruise.

I've got to say that the tilapia entree is a must. :D I swear I am going to try the escargot...do they serve it in butter?

Loads and loads of garlic butter with toasted bread on top. Pretty good but not the best I have ever had.

Archived