Dining Room Dreams - What's the BEST dish you've ever had on a Carnival cruise?

paulandfran

lobster bisque

lamb/most the the fish dishes

creme brulee'

but most nights wcmc...runny with 2 icecreams. :D

On the Fantasy I love the rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch every day

lobster bisque

lamb/most the the fish dishes

creme brulee'

but most nights wcmc...runny with 2 icecreams. :D

On the Fantasy I love the rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch every day

Rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes. Yum.

All of this talk about food has been making me dream about the scrumptious food on a cruise. What's your all-time favorite dish? Include an entree, appetizer and dessert if you like.

For me, the entree was a chicken dish many years ago. It was just a simple baked chicken my husband ordered. I ordered something else but took a bite of his and it was seasoned like nothing I'd ever tasted. I really wished I had ordered it and the next day they served it at the buffet lunch so I had a chance to eat it. It was soooo good.

My favorite appetizer is the escargot and my favorite desert Creme Brulee.

I'm getting hungry! :D

Fave dish is the New Zealand Rack of Lamb....beyond YUM!!!

For the appetizer, the chicken with pasta and mushrooms.

For dessert, I really like the red velvet cupcake. I found out about it on CC before our last cruise, and had to tried it...and loved it! Thanks CC!

Blushing to say... I luved~luved the cheeseburgers on the Lido Deck on Carnival in 07... and, of course, the warm chocolate melting cake every night with double ice cream!

Royal Caribbean had a beef wellington with warm mashed potatoes that was to die for ~ I can picture it now!

From the Royal Caribbean room service menu ~ chicken wings, turkey sandwiches, and iced tea ~ enough for me to live on the entire cruise if ever forced! Fantastic!

Fave dish is the New Zealand Rack of Lamb....beyond YUM!!!

Last time I had lamb was when I was a kid and I got sick after eating it so when I see it on the menu I still have an aversion to it. Odd how that memory lingers so many years later.

I'm going to have to try the lamb again sometime though, it always looks so good when someone orders it.

Many, many favorites.

In the steakhouse: The Sotuh African lobster tail is the best I have ever had.

Main dining room:

gazpacho

Indian vegetarian dinner

Greek farmer salad

Broiled lobster tail and grilled shrimp

penne mariscos

seafood newburg

black bean and veg enchiladas

chicken breast with Thai spices appetizer

lobster and crab cake

Both cruises we ordered the shrimp when it was appetizer and entree. I guess the waiters figured out we really liked it b/c they kept bringing several every single meal without us asking for it. I miss our waiters. We liked just about everything and what we didn't - well it was always interesting. Thanks for letting me know about ribs - have not tried and brother and dad are going this time and love ribs. So, now I can tell them cc recommends.

My favorites is the escargot, I always order 2. I also like the pumpkin soup, cream of asparagus and cream of mushroom. The Caribbean Pepper Pot is really good too.

I cruise for the soups and appetizers :D lol, few of their entrees stand out to me.

Probably the best thing I've ever put in my mouth was the little mushroom side dish served with the Surf and Turf at the Steakhouse. I've never had such strong flavors in a tiny bite of food. My favorite in the MDR is the cream of mushroom soup. I'm weird. :)

Last time I had lamb was when I was a kid and I got sick after eating it so when I see it on the menu I still have an aversion to it. Odd how that memory lingers so many years later.

I'm going to have to try the lamb again sometime though, it always looks so good when someone orders it.

Funny thing is, I've never ordered the lamb even though I cruised quite a bit. My inspiration was that the Short Ribs were amazing the night before, and had an inkling that the lamb would be beyond amazing, and IT WAS!!! I hope you get to create a better memory of lamb after you have it!

Probably the best thing I've ever put in my mouth was the little mushroom side dish served with the Surf and Turf at the Steakhouse. I've never had such strong flavors in a tiny bite of food. My favorite in the MDR is the cream of mushroom soup. I'm weird. :)

I had the exact same thing. They were excellent! I'm not much of a mushroom lover either lol.

Like someone said earlier, the Caesar salad is incredible. The chef on the Miracle actually gave me the recipe for the dressing, but I still have to break it down to 'serves 6' instead of 'serves 300'!:rolleyes:

Maybe it's me, but the Bitter 'n Blanc, which is supposed to be bread pudding, tastes just like the Grand Marnier Souffle and neither one is what it's supposed to taste like. Very, very disappointed in both last year on the Miracle.:(

Love the escargot, stuffed mushrooms, LAMB (let me say it again, the LAMB!), short ribs, BBQ ribs and most of the pastas.:D

For an appetizer, I had some grilled shrimp dish on liberty that was amazing. Favorite entree...gotta say the surf n' turf from the Harry's Supper Club on Liberty was it. Wow. Favorite dessert, surprisingly, was the diet orange cake. Hard to believe, but that was some good stuff. :eek:

The omelet station on the Lido was also PHENOMENAL.

I agree with you on the diet orange cake. When I was on the Dream in Feb. I ordered it every time it was on the menu. It is excellent and light. The waiter made fun of me and when he did I told him to bring me two. My favorite appetizer is the crispy shrimp. Many times I just ordered the flat steak with a baked potato. It was consistant if nothing else. I got the duck one time and one time only.

Archived