New England/Canada mid-September What to wear for semi-casual nights?

Liesel

We will be on the Crown Princess to New England/Canada September 17th.

I don’t know what to bring as far as clothes.

I think I will be pretty well set for the excursions regarding wearing layers, etc. I also have formal nights covered. But I have no idea what to wear on the ship during the day, or especially on non-formal nights for dinner. I don’t even know what kind of shoes to bring. We have only cruised to the Caribbeans, Panama, etc. With summer type clothes, open sandals, etc. So, this will be a totally different experience for us.

I don’t like wearing dresses or skirts; except for formal nights.

So, do I wear black pants with a sweater set? In other words, long sleeves or short sleeve tops, etc. And what about shoes with that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Will the rooms be heated if it is cold?

Thanks for your help.

Think LL Bean or LandsEnd - that will work in the cooler weather. I would even take a short sleeved top or 2 also at that time. Check out the Chico travelers - no wrinkles. Even nicer quality workout suit would work. I don't think I'd bring more than one pair of shorts. Loafers and everyday shoes - sandals would probably be too cool - except for night-time wear. I saw lots of capris in Sept when on the ship. There were also a lot of jeans. Whichever you decide - only you will notice!:)

That was for daytime wear. For evening - the black pants and top with sandals are great!!

We did this cruise in October. Tops and trousers were fine for smart casual nights. I don`t think sweaters were necessary. I wore healed sandals in the evening.

The cabin heater/air conditioning could be altered to suit your needs.

We are sailing this itinerary for the second time 9/4. If the weather was anything like last year, it was warm. Capris and shorts for the ports. Check the weather channel about a week before you sail and you will have a pretty good idea of what type of weather to expect.....enjoy:)

We will be on the Crown Princess to New England/Canada September 17th.

I don’t know what to bring as far as clothes.

I think I will be pretty well set for the excursions regarding wearing layers, etc. I also have formal nights covered. But I have no idea what to wear on the ship during the day, or especially on non-formal nights for dinner. I don’t even know what kind of shoes to bring. We have only cruised to the Caribbeans, Panama, etc. With summer type clothes, open sandals, etc. So, this will be a totally different experience for us.

I don’t like wearing dresses or skirts; except for formal nights.

So, do I wear black pants with a sweater set? In other words, long sleeves or short sleeve tops, etc. And what about shoes with that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Will the rooms be heated if it is cold?

Thanks for your help.

I don't think you'll find the indoor ship's temperature all that different than you would on a warm weather cruise. I sailed on the QE2 trans-Atlantic in November and the indoor temperature was comfortable enough to wear sleeveless/spaghetti strap cocktail dresses, despite the outside temps being REALLY, REALLY cold (did I mention, it was cold?!). And that was November. In September, I'm still rocking my summer tan and haven't put away summer-weight clothes, and most of the East Coast is still warm -- no fall nip in the air quite yet. So I'd probably bring the same things for smart-casual nights if I were going on your itinerary as I would on a warm-weather itinerary. Except for white sandals: it is after Labour Day and one must maintain some standards . . .

I will be doing this same trip also in September but on Celebrity, for 14 nights. For the days I am packing slacks, jeans, and a couple of pairs of capri pants with tops to layer. For the evenings I will bring slacks with assorted tops and a couple of light weight sweaters that I have also taken while cruising Mexico. I always wear open toe shoes for the evening and always toss in a lightweight shawl. This is an amazing trip, we have done it before. Enjoy it!

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. This will make packing and purchasing so much easier.

I was especially worried about the shoes for smart casual dining. So I will just bring my black healed sandals. I might bring a pair or two of nylons, just in case.???

Unless something crazy happens with our weather, you will be ok with summer weight clothes and just have a sweater on hand in case it's breezy or for the evenings.

I don't give up my sandals until October and wouldn't think of stockings until then either. But if your used to extremely warm weather you might find a difference. Of course on the ocean it could be chilly/foggy/etc.

Have fun!

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. This will make packing and purchasing so much easier.

I was especially worried about the shoes for smart casual dining. So I will just bring my black healed sandals. I might bring a pair or two of nylons, just in case.???

Leave your nylons at home....I'm sure if you want to go walk about the deck after dark you can put a pair of pants on if it's breezy. September you'll probably still be in the 20s (celcius)...very nice and comfortable. you're not going to Alaska! ;)

Archived