1 800 hotels - chapter 11

canadiansnowbird

This was posted on our Roll Call:

Originally Posted by Appie

IMPORTANT INFO FOR ANYONE WHO BOOKED WITH 1 800 HOTELS

My husband was starting to make an itenary with where we will be - hotels, excursions etc. When he came to our hotel reservation for the Four Seasons which I booked through 1 800 HOTELS he called Four Seasons Hotel just to confirm. The lady said that the reservation for 1 night was cancelled July 15, 2010. Even though we had paid in full for it. Our other reservation for 4 nights was still okay. She also said that 1 800 HOTELS had filled Chapter 11. So no reservation - no money. Fortunately, we were able to make another reservation for the night that was cancelled. But we will have to pay for it again. We even called Four Seasons in Sydney and talked to the head of reservations who said that although our 1 night was cancelled the four night reservation was still okay and was made through a different company (even though I made them all at the same time with 1 800 HOTELS. I don't understand .

Point I want to get across: If you made reservations with 1800 HOTELS check with the hotel that you plan to stay at to make sure that you still have them. Spread the word to any of your friends who might have used this company.

Len & Pat (Appie)

Snowbird

This was posted on our Roll Call:

Originally Posted by Appie

IMPORTANT INFO FOR ANYONE WHO BOOKED WITH 1 800 HOTELS

My husband was starting to make an itenary with where we will be - hotels, excursions etc. When he came to our hotel reservation for the Four Seasons which I booked through 1 800 HOTELS he called Four Seasons Hotel just to confirm. The lady said that the reservation for 1 night was cancelled July 15, 2010. Even though we had paid in full for it. Our other reservation for 4 nights was still okay. She also said that 1 800 HOTELS had filled Chapter 11. So no reservation - no money. Fortunately, we were able to make another reservation for the night that was cancelled. But we will have to pay for it again. We even called Four Seasons in Sydney and talked to the head of reservations who said that although our 1 night was cancelled the four night reservation was still okay and was made through a different company (even though I made them all at the same time with 1 800 HOTELS. I don't understand .

Point I want to get across: If you made reservations with 1800 HOTELS check with the hotel that you plan to stay at to make sure that you still have them. Spread the word to any of your friends who might have used this company.

Len & Pat (Appie)

Snowbird

On Wednesday, Bankruptcy Court Judge Caryl Delano agreed to a temporary restraining order prohibiting suppliers from canceling reservations after the company's Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing Monday, said Steven Berman, who represents 1800Hotels and parent Happy Duck Limited in Dublin.

Looks like you must have been one of the 3600 reservations canceled by the companies that 1800 worked with for the one night. Your other night was booked via another company and is protected for now.

Here's the article in the Tampa Bay paper.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/article1109203.ece

We even called Four Seasons in Sydney and talked to the head of reservations who said that although our 1 night was cancelled the four night reservation was still okay and was made through a different company (even though I made them all at the same time with 1 800 HOTELS. I don't understand .

1-800-HOTELS used multiple wholesalers to actually book the rooms. Some wholesalers they had paid (your 4 night reservation for example) and some they had not paid (wholesaler for your one night).

Archived