Priceline Bid for Crowne Plaza, San Pedro

Darkwolfe

keep trying at $65 and you will eventually get it. It took me about 2 months. I actually bid as high as $90. I'm glad I didn't get it at that, because it went down. I think 2 days before I got it at $65 I bid $80 and didn't win.

Do you know if that includes two weeks of parking while on the cruise? I was quoted 199 with the parking but have heard that just get the room and leave the car!

Thanks

I believe I read that it is $10/night to leave your car there. It is $12/night at the terminal.

The stay and park package (or whatever they call it) includes room, parking, breakfast for two and drinks for two.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried Priceline for the first time last night. I got our CP room in San Pedro for Dec. 11, 2010 for $68. I am pretty sure that if I had bid @ $65, they would have accepted it...oh well. $68 is good so no complaints here.

My bid for $70.00 was accepted ($87.62 with fees and taxes) for Oct 2, 2010.

Hope I like the hotel; I'm giving up my room at the Hilton in Long Beach for $110.00 (Carnival rate of $94.00 + taxes) but I won't have to pay $20.00 cab to RCCL pier.

My bid for $70.00 was accepted ($87.62 with fees and taxes) for Oct 2, 2010.

Hope I like the hotel; I'm giving up my room at the Hilton in Long Beach for $110.00 (Carnival rate of $94.00 + taxes) but I won't have to pay $20.00 cab to RCCL pier.

But you will now have to pay parking for the duration of your cruise. Maybe it will work out to be close to the same considering taxi's.

Using priceline.com, I just booked our pre-cruise hotel:

Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel

601 South Palos Verdes Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

310-519-8200

Check-In: Friday, November 19, 2010-03:00 PM

Check-Out: Saturday, November 20, 2010-12:00 PM

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night):$65.00 (USD)

Travel Insurance:$5.00 (USD)

Room Subtotal:$70.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees:$16.91 (USD)

Total Room Cost:$86.91 (USD)

I'd look at Hotwire, as well. Look carefully at each service's maps, to make sure that you'd accept any hotel of your level within that geographic area (not just the Crowne Plaza). The two services use different geograhic area designations. I did recently get switched by Priceline from the hotel I had "won" (4-star near LAX) to another hotel, a 3 1/2 star, since the first one had suddenly reported they were overbooked. Remember, you won't know that you in fact got the Crowne Plaza until you've paid, and then it's too late to change. I use Betterbidding.com, but have gotten a hotel not listed there. Betterbidding relies on people winning bids to report.

Hey Travel Girl! I wanted to let you know that the last time hubby and I stayed in Long beach and wanted to stay at the Hilton. Through CC we had heard that you could place a bid of $57 for the 3*** hotel. I wanted the Hilton and ended up getting it through Priceline. That was last yr Jan. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Jan! :D

Hey Travel Girl! I wanted to let you know that the last time hubby and I stayed in Long beach and wanted to stay at the Hilton. Through CC we had heard that you could place a bid of $57 for the 3*** hotel. I wanted the Hilton and ended up getting it through Priceline. That was last yr Jan. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Jan! :D

I've been trying over and over for a week now. Started at $55, and next bid is up to $67. *sigh* Last time we stayed in Long Beach, we snagged the Westin Long Beach for $60, I'm bummed that I'm up to $67 now. Of course, it's cheaper than paying regular price so I shouldn't be complaining!

The key is bidding on a 3.5* in Long Beach, then if bid is rejected, add Long Beach Airport. There are no 3.5* hotels near the airport, so this strategy gives you a 2nd bid without having to wait 24 hours. I've been doing this over and over, and have been creeping higher and higher on my bids. :cool:

We'll be happy with the Hilton too! Or, the Renaissance, Hyatt or Westin again.

Travel Girl Good luck! For some reason the hotels seem to be booking up. I wonder if it's because of the Mariners last sailing on the E. coast. :(

It's so perplexing. My bids of $69 and $70 have been rejected. I'll be trying $71 and $72 tonight.

Archived