Priceline Bid for Crowne Plaza, San Pedro

Darkwolfe

It would be nice if everyone put their Priceline bids in the "Sticky" at the top of this section. That thread stays right there at the top no matter what. This thread will die down eventually and all the information contained within will be useless to people. How 'bout it?? :)

bjay3, go to Priceline.com, then click on the name your own price - hotels section, just below the box with William Shatner in it. Then, put in the city (San Pedro, CA) along with the check in and out dates, then bid now button. Next screen, click on area 3 San Pedro, also 3.5 stars along with the price $65. Below that put in your reservation name, etc. Continue on to next page. They will want credit card information. You will have a chance to review before you make the final step. Please read carefully. Once you click buy my room (something to that effect), you will wait a short time while they "search" for your room. You'll either get a congratulations screen or a screen telling you to try again. I recommend waiting 24 hours and doing the same thing over again. Once you become a veteran Priceline user you may want to try a free rebid using area 2 Long Beach Airport, where there are no 3.5 star hotels available. Areas 1 and 4 DO have 3.5 star hotels so you do NOT want to use them for a free rebid or you could end up staying in those areas instead of the Crowne Plaza or Doubletree in San Pedro. I hope you would not have a problem with the Doubletree if bidding since both hotels are available in San Pedro. Both are nice hotels. Good luck!

bjay3, go to Priceline.com, then click on the name your own price - hotels section, just below the box with William Shatner in it. Then, put in the city (San Pedro, CA) along with the check in and out dates, then bid now button. Next screen, click on area 3 San Pedro, also 3.5 stars along with the price $65. Below that put in your reservation name, etc. Continue on to next page. They will want credit card information. You will have a chance to review before you make the final step. Please read carefully. Once you click buy my room (something to that effect), you will wait a short time while they "search" for your room. You'll either get a congratulations screen or a screen telling you to try again. I recommend waiting 24 hours and doing the same thing over again. Once you become a veteran Priceline user you may want to try a free rebid using area 2 Long Beach Airport, where there are no 3.5 star hotels available. Areas 1 and 4 DO have 3.5 star hotels so you do NOT want to use them for a free rebid or you could end up staying in those areas instead of the Crowne Plaza or Doubletree in San Pedro. I hope you would not have a problem with the Doubletree if bidding since both hotels are available in San Pedro. Both are nice hotels. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the instructions & advice!!

I just got the Crowne Plaza for $71. A little bit more than what I wanted, but I'm very happy with it. That was my first time with Priceline so a good experience.

Thanks to StLouisCruisers for the help.

I just bid $65/night for 11/24/10 - 11/27/10 and got it first try for the Crowne Plaza...whoo hoo..

Now my question is...I have my 14 year old son going with us. Am I able to call the hotel today and request two beds, or is there a possibility he will have to sleep on the floor?

$71 isn't bad, bjay3, sometimes that happens if they're more booked up. One time I had to pay $69, but that's cheaper than booking on the website so who cares, right? Enjoy your stay! Maybe ask for a room with a view of the pier so you can look out and see the ship in the morning. San Pedro is one of the easiest areas to book on Priceline, in my opinion. A good first start for you!

philsfun, you can call the hotel and have them flag your reservation with a request for two beds instead of one, but they will be sure to tell you there are no guarantees because Priceline only says it's a booking for 2. However, since they have rooms with two beds you may get one if you ask nicely. They will check requests on reservations before they allocate which room goes to which reservation that day. If all else fails, ask for extra comforters and make him up a bed on the floor. His young back can hopefully stand it! lol!

:D

$71 isn't bad, bjay3, sometimes that happens if they're more booked up. One time I had to pay $69, but that's cheaper than booking on the website so who cares, right? Enjoy your stay! Maybe ask for a room with a view of the pier so you can look out and see the ship in the morning. San Pedro is one of the easiest areas to book on Priceline, in my opinion. A good first start for you!

philsfun, you can call the hotel and have them flag your reservation with a request for two beds instead of one, but they will be sure to tell you there are no guarantees because Priceline only says it's a booking for 2. However, since they have rooms with two beds you may get one if you ask nicely. They will check requests on reservations before they allocate which room goes to which reservation that day. If all else fails, ask for extra comforters and make him up a bed on the floor. His young back can hopefully stand it! lol!

I called the hotel last night and changed it to two beds...and asked for a room with a partial view of the harbor as the full view rooms are all suites

Thank you for the information and directions. I am no longer a "priceline virgin" and sucessful bid and got a room at the Doubletree for Sept 24th, with a $65 bid, total just over $81....can you say awesome ? :o. I will be using priceline for our Hawaiin trip next year...Again thank you for the posting information. CC boards are so helpful and full of wonderful tips and information.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had no luck with PL in San Pedro for 3.5* hoping for Doubletree or Crowne Plaza. I followed your directions and bid just San Pedro and was not accepted and then rebid adding LB A/P and still not accepted for $65. Then tried the next day for $70 and still no. I have increased bid to $75 using the same tactic and still no. I am feeling rejected for sure. It is for Jan 4 2011 which is a Tuesday night. One night for one room precruise. Any advice?

I have had no luck with PL in San Pedro for 3.5* hoping for Doubletree or Crowne Plaza. I followed your directions and bid just San Pedro and was not accepted and then rebid adding LB A/P and still not accepted for $65. Then tried the next day for $70 and still no. I have increased bid to $75 using the same tactic and still no. I am feeling rejected for sure. It is for Jan 4 2011 which is a Tuesday night. One night for one room precruise. Any advice?

You have time. Keep trying every 24 hrs. Stay at $65. ;)

Last year I gave up after about 3 wks and went a different route.

This year I got CP for $65 on first try. Jul. 15 booking for Dec. 4 precruise night. :D

Following my advice (gleaned from here), my father bid $65 this afternoon for 2/17-2/19/11 and got the Crowne Plaza for the 2 nights on his first try. He also bid $65 for a 1 night post-cruise stay on 2/26 and got the Crowne Plaza on the 1st try.

I did the same thing this evening for 2 rooms, 2 nights (2/17-2/19/11) at $65 a night and also got the Crowne Plaza. The total for the 2 rooms with taxes came out to $308.12. Looking at their website, the cheapest rooms currently available for the same dates would be $685.30 for the 14 day advance purchase on 2 rooms! Thus we "saved" $377.18 or ~ 55%!

I'm waiting to hear back from my brother to see if he was also successful.

We're cruising on the Norwegian Star out of San Pedro, thus it's a perfect hotel for us pre-cruise.

Following my advice (gleaned from here), my father bid $65 this afternoon for 2/17-2/19/11 and got the Crowne Plaza for the 2 nights on his first try. He also bid $65 for a 1 night post-cruise stay on 2/26 and got the Crowne Plaza on the 1st try.

I did the same thing this evening for 2 rooms, 2 nights (2/17-2/19/11) at $65 a night and also got the Crowne Plaza. The total for the 2 rooms with taxes came out to $308.12. Looking at their website, the cheapest rooms currently available for the same dates would be $685.30 for the 14 day advance purchase on 2 rooms! Thus we "saved" $377.18 or ~ 55%!

I'm waiting to hear back from my brother to see if he was also successful.

We're cruising on the Norwegian Star out of San Pedro, thus it's a perfect hotel for us pre-cruise.

So do you think that my dates---1 night, January 4, 2011, which is a Tuesday---is all booked up for some reason.

I followed directions, also from here, and bid just San Pedro and was not accepted and then rebid adding Long Beach A/P and still not accepted for $65. Next day tried the next day for $70 and still no. I have increased bid to $75 on another day using the same tactic and still no.

I am totally puzzled :confused:

You got a great rate, especially since that weekend will also be a time that people may be celebrating Valentine's Day.

So do you think that my dates---1 night, January 4, 2011, which is a Tuesday---is all booked up for some reason.

I followed directions, also from here, and bid just San Pedro and was not accepted and then rebid adding Long Beach A/P and still not accepted for $65. Next day tried the next day for $70 and still no. I have increased bid to $75 on another day using the same tactic and still no.

I am totally puzzled :confused:

I have no idea. Just thought I'd report our recent successes. Looking at CP's website, it seems they have advance purchase rooms for $152+tax, which is $8 more than our dates. Availability looks pretty open.

I'd just be persistent and keep trying every couple days at $65.

sunneesmile, I agree. Just keep trying. Book a refundable room for safety's sake. Then when Priceline comes through you can cancel the refundable room.

It took me almost 6 months to get my Sept. Vancouver room. I needed it for 4 nights and bid over $100. Finally got it for $90, and was quite pleased. I agree that it can be frustrating when everyone else is winning rooms and you're not!

sunneesmile, I agree. Just keep trying. Book a refundable room for safety's sake. Then when Priceline comes through you can cancel the refundable room.

It took me almost 6 months to get my Sept. Vancouver room. I needed it for 4 nights and bid over $100. Finally got it for $90, and was quite pleased. I agree that it can be frustrating when everyone else is winning rooms and you're not!

sunneesmile- As you probably know, the supply of Priceline rooms at a hotel on a specific night isn't endless. Quite possibly the PL rooms are sold out. By all means continue to check, but you run the risk of getting completely "aced out" of reasonbly priced, but more expensive rooms in the area. I'd strongly consider looking at other hotels and not getting "locked" onto CP which could have sold out.

But I hope your ship comes in (pun intended!)

For some reason I always have to try and see if I can get things cheaper. It's like my little game. OH well. We really wanted the Crown Plaza but I wanted to bid less. So I bid 55 dollars and got the Doubletree. I'm sure it will be fine and it's just one night. :-)

For some reason I always have to try and see if I can get things cheaper. It's like my little game. OH well. We really wanted the Crown Plaza but I wanted to bid less. So I bid 55 dollars and got the Doubletree. I'm sure it will be fine and it's just one night. :-)

That's the best price I've heard for San Pedro yet. Good job! The Doubletree will be great, and they have a shuttle to the pier like Crowne Plaza does, too.

Archived