What are the best items on the steakhouse menu??

dane225

If Dover Sole is available, I would order it again. It was delicious and properly prepared when I was on Freedom. Most enjoy the steaks, although my Filet, part of Surf and Turf when I was on Pride, was good but had a bit of gristle in it.

The Lobster Bisque and Caeser Salad was good on both ships. The cheesecake was delicious, rich and huge! The serving was enough for three people.

I think the next time I will order the Rack of Lamb or the regular size Filet. Some people at the next table had that and I think both looked very good. They seemed to enjoy both.

If they have the 5 spice rubbed prime rib...do that. But it's a larg piece of meat so be hungry. The NY Strip is a good middle size choice, or the filet if you want a smaller portion. All of these will be cooked to your order. The creamed spinach (on the Dream) was unlike any typical creamed spinach. Wasabi mashed potatoes over the baked potato. Beefsteak tomatoes. One of the party needs to order the cheescake for dessert. Someone else the chocolate sampler.

I love the lobster. It's a 12 oz piece of pure heaven!!! I've had it 4 times in the last two years when we've been on a Carnival ship. My guy always gets the steak with the bone in and he said the flavor was great!! He has the french onion soup and i've had the lobster soup. We haven't had anything that wasn't wonderful and can't wait to try it again soon!!!

• 3 weeks later...

when we were on the Freedom in February they had an 18oz ribeye that was not on the menu that was the best ribeye i had ever had. it melted in my mouth. hopefully it will be "available" next time we cruise!!! :)

My wife and I ate at "The Point" on the Conquest last January and we can both swear by the following items:

Lobster Bisque

Escargot

Caesar Salad (prepared table-side in the traditional manner)

Surf & Turf (Large Lobster and Filet)

24oz Porterhouse (if you can finish it!)

Chocolate Sampler (a definite must!)

To be honest, I don't think *anything* they serve there would be bad, so pick what looks good to you and enjoy! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived