Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

I am thinking of switching to Cabin 13145. Any insight ? It appears to have a larger balcony ( on a corner ). Also, can someone verify that the bed is by the balcony. Thanks :)

The bed is by the balcony. You will have a larger balcony too from the looks of it. Nice choice, I'd say!

The bed is by the balcony. You will have a larger balcony too from the looks of it. Nice choice, I'd say!

Thank you, since I booked from CAS , I have to wait until tomorrow morning to call them and see what the upcharge will be.

I'm lost! We have cabin 11270 but I'm not sure that the bed configuration is the best one. We want the bed closest to the balcony. Help1

It looks to me like the bed is by the door ( not the balcony)

I totally agree - cabin 11270 has the bed by the door. I'm sure you can move to a MA category with little problem.

I'm lost! We have cabin 11270 but I'm not sure that the bed configuration is the best one. We want the bed closest to the balcony. Help1

11270 has the bed by the door.

j09rtw.jpg

28l4bgn.jpg

And here it is from outside:

2a84ylk.jpg

Also, to rhenzejr who asked where I get the pictures. I just spend a little time on Google.

Ok---I have Epic cabins 14066, 14070 and 14074--- are the beds by the balcony or the entrance door? And---can the dividers on the balcony be opened or removed? This is so exciting---and you guys are so smart!!

:D

14070 has the bed by the balcony and the other 2 rooms have the bed by the door. I don't believe they can 'remove' the dividers but I imagine that they could open them for you though.

It is pretty easy to know where the bed is in any balcony/mini stateroom. If you look at the deck plans, every room has a straight wall. Simply look at the opposite wall of that room and wherever the bulge INTO the room is will be the location of the sofa. Take a look at your rooms and you will see what I mean.

Have a great cruise.

Hi I have booked 12168 is the balcony covered ? I understand it is a large balcony. I believe the bed would be at the door is this correct? If it is any idea of a room with the bed at the balcony in the same B6 category? Sorry I know lots of questions:)

14070 has the bed by the balcony and the other 2 rooms have the bed by the door. I don't believe they can 'remove' the dividers but I imagine that they could open them for you though.

It is pretty easy to know where the bed is in any balcony/mini stateroom. If you look at the deck plans, every room has a straight wall. Simply look at the opposite wall of that room and wherever the bulge INTO the room is will be the location of the sofa. Take a look at your rooms and you will see what I mean.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge! That is what makes this site so awesome!! It is so nice to be able to plan ahead....

:D

Hi I have booked 12168 is the balcony covered ? I understand it is a large balcony. I believe the bed would be at the door is this correct? If it is any idea of a room with the bed at the balcony in the same B6 category? Sorry I know lots of questions:)

Yes, the balcony is covered and the bed is at the door.

12165, 12188 are both the same type and have the bed near the balcony.

Here is 12168:

wi6b88.jpg

11249 11081 11254 11080,11255 11077 11259 11267

Which should I choose?

All of those cabins have the bed by the door and the sofa near the balcony. I think you need to look at category MA if you want the room the other way

around.

Oops, Sgt Superman beat me to it ... either way, good luck with your selection. There are lots of rooms to pick from in the configuration that you want.

Edited by kerrytens

All of those cabins have the bed by the door and the sofa near the balcony. I think you need to look at category MA if you want the room the other way

around.

Oops, Sgt Superman beat me to it ... either way, good luck with your selection. There are lots of rooms to pick from in the configuration that you want.

Thanks everyone. I am slowly learning and figured out that I need the MA catergory to get the configuration that I want. Now I just need to wait till my travel agent gets back from holidays so I can change this. I really appreciate all your help and patience :)

Thoughts on location and bed sofa configuration for these 2 balcony cabins.

Thank you.

Hi Joe, 13145 has the bed by the balcony. 14090 also has the bed by the balcony. I am in 13145 in December. Looks like this one has a little bigger balcony, and I read somewhere that 14090 and surrounding cabins are a difficult location to get to the elevator. You may want to see what you can find out about that.

Thoughts on location and bed sofa configuration for these 2 balcony cabins.

Thank you.

From the looks of it 14090 is a bit tricky to get to. When you start at the forward elevators you would need to walk down the Starboard side until you reach cabin 1093 and then take the hallway to the Port side. This hallway ZigZags for a bit until you reach 14090 almost at the end.

This potential could be a quiet corridor since only a small number of people would need to use the corridor, but on the other hand you would be right next to the Kids Club area.

2m29lp0.jpg

13145 looks like the better choice, it has a large balcony and is simple to get to.

31247026.jpg

If you look at the cabin number you have reserved and locate it on the EPIC you can tell the bed/sofa layout of your cabin. It is easily determined by this general rule of thumb. Look at the above picture, each cabin has a curvature that extends into and one that extends out of your room. The one that extends into your room is where the sofa is located thus the curvature that extends out from your room is where the bed is located. Applying these rules the cabin on the right has the sofa located next to the balcony.

Hi all,

I am debating among 8208, 10051,10052,and 10056. Can anyone help? Thank you.

valerie

8208 - The bed is by the door, the balcony is covered & you would have no lifeboats blocking your view. This room is probably the best choice because of the view.

10051 - The bed is by the door, the balcony is covered and you over look open balconies on deck 8.

10052 - Same as above except the bed is by the balcony.

10056 - Same as 10051

8208 - The bed is by the door, the balcony is covered & you would have no lifeboats blocking your view. This room is probably the best choice because of the view.

10051 - The bed is by the door, the balcony is covered and you over look open balconies on deck 8.

10052 - Same as above except the bed is by the balcony.

10056 - Same as 10051

Sgt Superman,

Thanks very much! Just a few follow ups. This is gonna be our first NCl cruise and I am so confused. Is there any benefit to have the bed by the door? I can see covered balconies provide better privacy. Any other benefits? I am a bit sensitive to smoke. Is one deck better than another? Thank you.

Valerie