Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

8191 is near the rear on the Starboard side and is covered:

35henw7.jpg

Thank you so much for the information! We have since opted to go with an aft facing balcony.... any idea if noise from the H2O outdoor dance area will be an issue from 11315? Or should we select a balcony mid ship instead? Thanks! :confused:

Thank you so much for the information! We have since opted to go with an aft facing balcony.... any idea if noise from the H2O outdoor dance area will be an issue from 11315? Or should we select a balcony mid ship instead? Thanks! :confused:

In my opinion you've made a great choice changing from 8191 to stern -aft facing 11315. You'll have the wake view and wide open sea. H2O is on 15 so I doubt you'd be bothered by noise from it. There are six rows of stern balconies starting with deck 8, then the spa, then H20.

Your bed is by the patio door which is the configuration we much preferred on the Epic balcony staterooms.

We were in 10318 - end stern stateroom. Our bed was by the balcony. On decks 10 and 11 the outer edge stern staterooms have wider balconies. We had room for the regular two chairs and tiny table and a lounger that steward brought in for us. We tipped him $20 and helped him carry it through stateroom and it was worth every penny.

See post #139 in this thread - you can see your new stateroom location as well as the previous location. Here is link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1242766&page=7

The dead space on either side of the stern staterooms is crew stairs. There are three pretty wide cutouts in the side walls (you can see them in the photo in post 139). If I wanted side view I'd go into this area. There was no marking on the doorway at all (as in crew only) and I rarely ran into anyone in there.

You may have some vibration in the stateroom - most especially coming into port of Miami. I'm a light sleeper and it jolted me out of bed. Dear husband slept through it all while I made cup of coffee and watched the entire turn and dock process.

We loved the Epic and the stern stateroom. Special favorites - Howl at the Moon and the Noodle Bar. Have a great cruise.

Hi there

Did I choose well I wanted the beds by the balcony and big balcony

How did we do?

Will we be windblown on our transat

Do you have a picture of this cabin .Your info is amazing!!!Thanks

Michele

Leaving next week!!!!YEAH

Hi there

Did I choose well I wanted the beds by the balcony and big balcony

How did we do?

Will we be windblown on our transat

Do you have a picture of this cabin .Your info is amazing!!!Thanks

Michele

Leaving next week!!!!YEAH

If you want specific information on this stateroom you might want to do a new post headed something like Need Information on Epic 10253

This is a really old and lol really long thread and the person who started it doesn't appear to post on the NCL boards anymore.

It looks like you picked a good stateroom - your bed is by the balcony and it looks like balcony is large.

Enjoy your cruise on the Epic - be sure to go to the Noodle Bar at least for lunch - it is really wonderful and inexpensive.

I can see that 8193 is covered and not above a life boat. Anyone know the bedding configuration or noise level? Just got my cabin assignment today.

Your bed is by the balcony (my preference :)

Here's link to drag it decks - free.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for your reply. I was just wondering how different the view would be since 9013 balcony is built into the hull.

From what I have read about these type of balconies they are quieter & less breezy than normal balconies. You would probably get less sun, and from a sitting position your view will most likely be minimal. People are saying these type of balconies are great for an Alaska cruise.

Here is a sample shot from another boat, edited to give you the look of what an Epic style might look like:

NCL-Pearl-6-1-2008-0712.jpg

Credit goes to ddakart for the photo edit.

And here is the location just for reference:

90139017.jpg

I can't find any info on this cabin. I guess I didn't realize the ins and outs of all the balconies on this particular ship. I am concerned about our choice of this B6 cabin. It is at the start of the angle...is it exposed from above and does it look over an open balcony directly below? Thanks for any help.

I can't find any info on this cabin. I guess I didn't realize the ins and outs of all the balconies on this particular ship. I am concerned about our choice of this B6 cabin. It is at the start of the angle...is it exposed from above and does it look over an open balcony directly below? Thanks for any help.

11096 is not an open balcony, but because it is one of the ones on the angle you will have a sliver of an open balcony directly below you. You will also be able to see open balconies below you to your left.

15mh99e.jpg

The large benefit to having a room on one of the angles is the huge balcony you get:

30wow8j.jpg

I think you'll love it. Make sure to ask your room steward for some lounge chairs for your balcony.

Edited by Sgt Superman