Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

Sgt Superman,

Thanks very much! Just a few follow ups. This is gonna be our first NCl cruise and I am so confused. Is there any benefit to have the bed by the door? I can see covered balconies provide better privacy. Any other benefits? I am a bit sensitive to smoke. Is one deck better than another? Thank you.

Valerie

Most people prefer to have the bed near the balcony because the layout is more useful. However, I would not let the orientation of the bed be what drives the room choice. Find a room that has the view and location you like, then worry about if you can get the bed near the balcony.

From what I have read smoking is allowed in the cabins and balconies, and no deck is better than the other for non-smokers. You just have to hope your neighbor is not a smoker so you can actually enjoy your balcony.

Most people prefer to have the bed near the balcony because the layout is more useful. However, I would not let the orientation of the bed be what drives the room choice. Find a room that has the view and location you like, then worry about if you can get the bed near the balcony.

From what I have read smoking is allowed in the cabins and balconies, and no deck is better than the other for non-smokers. You just have to hope your neighbor is not a smoker so you can actually enjoy your balcony.

Thanks! That is very helpful.

I have three rooms booked mid ship on the epic Sept 30th 2012 sailing. Can anyone tell me if the extra square footage is worth the upgrade from standard balcony and also if my rooms are covered/sheltered???

Room #'s are (Cat BB) 10116/10112/10120

With thanks:):confused:

All those are covered and you would be looking down on open balconies, rooms 10116 & 10120 are category BB Mid-Ship Balcony. 10120 has a standard size balcony & 10116 only has a slightly larger balcony.

10112 is category B6 Large Balcony and does have a larger balcony than normal rooms.

Also, none of these rooms are connecting rooms if that matters at all.

2a85b9s.jpg

r8856h.jpg

If you are being charged extra for each balcony then its not worth it because only one is actually considered a large balcony, but if you are only paying extra for the one balcony than I would say this is a nice grouping of cabins, if you don't mind looking down on open balconies.

I have Handicapped balcony #9268. Can't figure out if its covered our not and where the bed is located. Any help for me?

Thanks in advance..........

Carol:cool:

9268 is partially covered, but about half is uncovered.

The bed location is a bit tricky in the Handicapped rooms because they don't have they "wave" walls.

I think your room is a a mirror of this layout:

fe2o7d.jpg

and here are some other pictures for information:

1zpn091.jpg

15yaveb.jpg

Edited by Sgt Superman

All those are covered and you would be looking down on open balconies, rooms 10116 & 10120 are category BB Mid-Ship Balcony. 10120 has a standard size balcony & 10116 only has a slightly larger balcony.

10112 is category B6 Large Balcony and does have a larger balcony than normal rooms.

Also, none of these rooms are connecting rooms if that matters at all.

2a85b9s.jpg

r8856h.jpg

If you are being charged extra for each balcony then its not worth it because only one is actually considered a large balcony, but if you are only paying extra for the one balcony than I would say this is a nice grouping of cabins, if you don't mind looking down on open balconies.

Thank you, that is very helpful.

You wouldn't happen to know what the bed config. is...would you?

We paid the same for all three rooms. Just the luck of the draw I guess getting one balcony bigger than the rest. We are three sisters (and our DH's) travelling together. But, since I made the booking, I guess we know who is getting the big balcony...lol...

BED LOCATIONS FOR 10112, 10116 and 10120 :)

10112 bed by balcony

10116 couch by balcony (couch is just ok for sitting so this isn't necessarily a plus)

10120 bed by balcony

Bed location in the balcony staterooms alternate - the outward swoosh into neighboring stateroom is where the bed is situated. We loved our stern stateroom with bed by balcony but your cabin location looks good - close to stairs & elevators and staterooms above and below you.

OK, I'm loving this thread and because of this thread, my daughter talked me into switching from large balcony 10201 to large balcony 9020. If I figured it out right, 9020 is the first unsheltered balcony. Can anyone verify? If not, my daughter will be in deep poop...unless I can go back to 10201. :D

OK, I'm loving this thread and because of this thread, my daughter talked me into switching from large balcony 10201 to large balcony 9020. If I figured it out right, 9020 is the first unsheltered balcony. Can anyone verify? If not, my daughter will be in deep poop...unless I can go back to 10201. :D

Cabin 9020 is fully covered and has part of the steel hull on one side of the balcony:

11v5it1.jpg

90244, which is next door has a small portion of the balcony uncovered & 9026 the next one down has about half the balcony uncovered.

Sgt superman, where do you find all these pictures? I have thourghly enjoyed looking at them all and trying to figure out where 14107 is. I think I may have found it on a couple of shots.

Just some simple Google searches is all it takes to find the pictures.

And here is 14107, bed is by the balcony:

ohn0g5.jpg

Edited by Sgt Superman

Cabin 9020 is fully covered and has part of the steel hull on one side of the balcony:

11v5it1.jpg

90244, which is next door has a small portion of the balcony uncovered & 9026 the next one down has about half the balcony uncovered.

Thanks!!! See ya in a few 12 days!!! :D