Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

hi am in cabin 10074 p0rtside on the epic in september 2012 is this a nice location or shoul i move thank you jackie:)

Great room

For all the people tempted to type "I'm in room xxxxx, tell me about it", keep in mind that you can do a lot of this yourself. There are not a lot of things to consider when selecting an Epic room. Here are the things that I comment on, and how to find out yourself.

1. On the Epic, balcony rooms and mini-suites use an interlocking "wave" design to maximize use of space. Each room will have one flat wall, and one wall that is "S" shaped. The bed will be located where the room is widest, and this will switch between being closer to the door/bathroom or closer to the balcony. The "preferred" position of the bed is closer to the balcony, but that's only because it makes the room "feel" bigger. All 4 person rooms will have the bed by the entrance.

You can use this deck plan map to find the location of your room and see the layout. You can also see what is nearby, and what's over and under you.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

2. Some rooms on 8 and 9 have uncovered balconies. Some like the idea of not having shade, but others don't like the lack of privacy. There is a link to the list of uncovered balconies in my signature

3. Some rooms are "hull balconies" that are more enclosed than others. These are towards the front of the ship. There is another link in my signature showing and describing these rooms.

The only thing I'd be wary of is being directly over or under the main club. It can be noisy

Great room

For all the people tempted to type "I'm in room xxxxx, tell me about it", keep in mind that you can do a lot of this yourself. There are not a lot of things to consider when selecting an Epic room. Here are the things that I comment on, and how to find out yourself.

1. On the Epic, balcony rooms and mini-suites use an interlocking "wave" design to maximize use of space. Each room will have one flat wall, and one wall that is "S" shaped. The bed will be located where the room is widest, and this will switch between being closer to the door/bathroom or closer to the balcony. The "preferred" position of the bed is closer to the balcony, but that's only because it makes the room "feel" bigger. All 4 person rooms will have the bed by the entrance.

You can use this deck plan map to find the location of your room and see the layout. You can also see what is nearby, and what's over and under you.

2. Some rooms on 8 and 9 have uncovered balconies. Some like the idea of not having shade, but others don't like the lack of privacy. There is a link to the list of uncovered balconies in my signature

3. Some rooms are "hull balconies" that are more enclosed than others. These are towards the front of the ship. There is another link in my signature showing and describing these rooms.

The only thing I'd be wary of is being directly over or under the main club. It can be noisy

I found my cabin by looking at some previous pictures where cabins have already been pointed out. It was only 1 or 2 away from that picture.

I love that this post is still active after all this time! :)

The knowledge that you guys have about the Epic never ceases to amaze me!! I have learnt so much from you all........thanks!! :)

Now then......I have a question about my cabin........;)

( Runs away fast before sdmike remonstrates with me!! )

But seriously.......I'm an avid researcher....and these boards are invaluable.......if you search, you can find the answers to most anything!!:)

Now then......I have a question about my cabin........;)

( Runs away fast before sdmike remonstrates with me!! )

LOL!

Well, I really DO love helping, but people can learn so much with a little research on their own. My favorite posts are one where they say "I read a lot about (topic) but I still have a question", not "tell me everything you know about (topic)"

I tend to ignore the first type for the most part

Edited by sdmike

LOL!

Well, I really DO love helping, but people can learn so much with a little research on their own. My favorite posts are one where they say "I read a lot about (topic) but I still have a question", not "tell me everything you know about (topic)"

I tend to ignore the first type for the most part

Well that is obvious to me, at least, by the great posts that I read of yours.........I have become a*sdmike * fan......if you have posted.....I will read!! You write a lot of great info! :)

( is hoping she doesn't sound like a stalker....lol )

I think I boo booed:o

hahaa. just teasing about a name change. I'm happy when people think I'm helpful. I think most of us post here because we were at one time helped by folks on here and are trying to pay it forward.

I seen past pictures on this thread showing exactly where the rooms are on the boat, does anyone know for 11185, sorry this is my first cruise just looking for info! Thanks

You can see where your room is, and everything else for that matter, in these deck plans

I seen past pictures on this thread showing exactly where the rooms are on the boat, does anyone know for 11185, sorry this is my first cruise just looking for info! Thanks

You can see where your room is, and everything else for that matter, in these deck plans

Karas233, Mike is absolutely right. Look at the deck plans to see exactly where your cabin is. From there, you can find a nice side shot of the Epic. It will be very easy for you to count up the decks (deck 8 is in line with the top of the lifeboats) to find deck 11.

Your room will be very easy to find as it is right at the end of a 'bump out'. Looks like a nice location to me.

I hope you don't feel that we are being rude in our response but it truly is a very easy thing to do once you have the basics down:D

Enjoy your first cruise but beware, it may become an addiction:D You have chosen a great ship too!!!!

Wondering about the size of balcony for this cabin, it looks like it either doesn't have a divider or between it and 10286, or it is a regular sized balcony and the "squiggly" line on the deck plan missing by accident? Any help would be appreciated :confused:

Look back at post # 215 on this very thread :D

11185 overlooks lifeboats.

Note that the balcony is seen with the partition opened.

Normally 11185 would look as the balcony one deck below (which is 10197).

11185.jpg

one more question before I leave tomorrow regarding room 11185, does anyone know if the couch pulls out?

Kara, the seat portion does pull out from the wall in order to create a wider 'bed'. We noticed that our steward did not pull it out after making it up the first night so we did it ourselves.

• 1 month later...

This may have been answered before and if so, I'm sorry, but there's SO MUCH information on here!

It looks like the cabins on the ends of the "bump out" have much larger balconies? Is that true?

We have 13209, 13217 (end of bump), 13221, 13225 & 13227. So it looks like 13217's balcony is 2 times larger than the others (according to the plans) and that 13209 is a little larger too. That would be nice if we can get the partition open as I'm in 13221 and my brother is in 13217 so my kids could play out on the combined balconies when I'm trying to keep them a little more "contained".