Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

This may have been answered before and if so, I'm sorry, but there's SO MUCH information on here!

It looks like the cabins on the ends of the "bump out" have much larger balconies? Is that true?

We have 13209, 13217 (end of bump), 13221, 13225 & 13227. So it looks like 13217's balcony is 2 times larger than the others (according to the plans) and that 13209 is a little larger too. That would be nice if we can get the partition open as I'm in 13221 and my brother is in 13217 so my kids could play out on the combined balconies when I'm trying to keep them a little more "contained".

Yep. You see it right on the deck plans. The few rooms on each side of the hump (the transition rooms) have larger balconies. The size varies, but they are larger.

You can read threads on opening balconies. There seems to be a bit of inconsistent policy around when you can and cannot open them. It used to be no problem, but some are reporting a new safety policy that keeps them from being opened while at sea. It seems that this policy is enforced sometimes and not others by the steward.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, you guys are really good, lol! I have 0 sense of space or rooms on board these things :) I saw that someone was good enough to show where 12103 was and that the balcony was a bit bigger. I'm looking at 12103 and 12104 because my family has only ever sailed on RCCL and we have done hump balcony cabins for the bigger balcony. Is this comparable? Also, do the lifeboats really get in the way? I don't think I often looked straight down leaning over my railing so I don't know if I would be affected by that view? If I'm sitting in my chair will I have a straightforward view of the ocean and horizon? Thank you so much whoever knows in advance!! Can't WAIT to try Epic!

hi can anyone tell me if my cabin is exposed too,its 12014, thanks ever so much

jayne

My wife and I were on the Epic a couple years ago. We had the same cabin that you booked, here is a picture from the cabin looking out on to the balcony. It' a cove balcony - we found the was little to no wind while the ship was in transit from one island to another.

PB020111_zps5114fdab.jpg

Edited by canadiancruiser13

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I booked a cruise in June on the Epic. The room booked was Stateroom Balcony BTY, Category BF. We have not received a room # yet and a bit weary of where our room may be situated. Can anyone shed some light on this area of the ship and if the balconies are covered or not and whether the lifeboats are directly below? I am afraid of the "unknown" and feel I may need to upgrade to ensure I can get a better room. In anyones experience is it possible to request a particular room if we are stuck in this area?

Many thanks, we are first time cruisers! :)

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi we have booked spa balcony 14141 for Oct 11 sailing, any info on coverage or lifeboat restricted view? This thread is brilliant!!! Thanks so much for any info.:)

I know it's been a few years since your epic cruise, but we just book this same cabin. Any information you care to share with us, would be greatly appreciated. Any pictures? Thanks in advance.

You have a balcony 50% larger than other balconies. Your bed is by the door, with the couch closer to the balcony. Great room. Close to the spa/gym and rear stairs/elevators.

Mike, thank you so much! I just finish reading this tread, and wasn't really expecting to get answer, since it's been a few years. But to get answer from you, it's like icing on the cake. Thank you again.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello All!

Cruising soon and just got my cabin number! Does anyone know anything about this cabin? (8120) Looks like people are getting some good information about there cabins on this thread:) Thanks in advance!

There are links in my signature area to information on Epic rooms, including which have uncovered balconies and which are "hull balconies". Since 8120 isn't at the front of the ship it won't be a hull balcony, but it might be uncovered. Check the link

You can also look at the Epic deck plan and see where your bed and couch are located in the room. The rooms have curved walls. The widest part of the room is where the bed it, while the couch is in the narrower section.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...