Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

Wow, those uncovered balconys are really open to onlookers! I'm glad im on deck 14! :p

Not really any worse than the ones I've seen on Princess. It's all in what you like imho. Sun lovers, for example, would love them :D Besides, I personally prefer to look out 'over' the water ... not down on my neighbours;)

I hate to ask you because it seems as if you are being inundated with requests but can you tell me what my view would be from cabin 10184. It is the end cabin in a bumpout and it appears from the pictures you have posted that we look down directly on lifeboats.

Also, where do you find the pictures? I tried the NCL site but obviously am not finding what you are. How do you find out what cabins are still available? I tried to find this, also, with no success.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer all of these requests.

I hate to ask you because it seems as if you are being inundated with requests but can you tell me what my view would be from cabin 10184. It is the end cabin in a bumpout and it appears from the pictures you have posted that we look down directly on lifeboats.

Also, where do you find the pictures? I tried the NCL site but obviously am not finding what you are. How do you find out what cabins are still available? I tried to find this, also, with no success.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer all of these requests.

This is what I posted to the same question to another thread:

There is lots of information on mini-suites (aka deluxe balcony) rooms on on this site, including pictures. They are the same width as a standard balcony room but a few feet longer and with a bigger shower. Based on your room layout with the bed by the balcony, I would say you also have a bathtub in your room. Your balcony is standard size and will have two sitting chairs and a small table about the size of a laptop.

The lifeboats hang on the side of the ship at deck 7. At deck 10 your view will not be significantly disrupted, especially since there are no life boats directly under your room at midship.

The only way to find out what cabins are still available is to go through the online booking process, stopping before you select a room. It will only give you a dozen or so choices in the category or floor you want, so it doesn't really tell you what's available on the ship unless you spend a long time going through options.

Edited by sdmike

Hi could you tell me where my room is located plsss and what type of balcony it has or show me how to find out

regards

1) Find the deck plans on the NCL site.

2) Count the number of balcony cabins you are away from a landmark like one of the diagonal "bumpouts" on the side of the ship.

3) Find an exterior shot of the ship on the side your cabin is located.

4) Count balconies to find the one corresponding to your cabin. It should be easy enough to figure it out within one.

Edited by quercus alba

It's easy. Open up a deck plan and look for the room. That will tell you 1) which side of the ship, 2) front, back or center 3) placement of the bed, 4) size of the balcony.

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do;jsessionid=2604C34BEEA857EB1FB5581A42D2E751.p0713?shipId=265&deckId=Deck%2012

Your room is towards the back of the ship on the port side. It will hold 4 people, which means there's a pull-down bed tucked away in the ceiling. Your bed is closer to the door and the couch closer to the balcony. Your balcony is standard size.

In this picture your room is 5 levels up from the lifeboats (the first visible row of balconies is deck 8), and 5 rooms from the back of the ship.

http://photos.marinetraffic.com/ais/showphoto.aspx?photoid=235851&size=full

Could you please shom me what it looks like and where 12072 is situated, since booking the cruise I am now in a wheelchair for walking any distance and getting a bit worried. Not sure if I should tell them and try to get a hc cabin instead.

I have spoken to ncl and they recommended changing to a disabled cabin so we are now in 13286 anyone have any idea if this is a bad move, getting worried now :( Also any idea if they are open balconies or any information appreciated.

Thanks

I have spoken to ncl and they recommended changing to a disabled cabin so we are now in 13286 anyone have any idea if this is a bad move, getting worried now :( Also any idea if they are open balconies or any information appreciated.

Thanks

Do you mean 13236 or 13238? Those are the accessible cabins on the even side of 13. There is no 13286.

As far as I have seen, all of the balconies above 8 (and a few on 9) are covered. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

So do you think the layout will be very different from the other cabins apart from the size of shower, it doesnt say where beds are on anything its very vague? Last cruise was before my accident so have nothing to compare it with.

After seeing the video of the stateroom they suggested we change to I decided to change back as it looks terrible, nothing like the others, so I think they should have a picture of the wheelchair friendly cabins as it would be a big shock to some people if they are expecting it to look anything like the other ones in the same class.

Changed back to 12072 anyone have any pictures of that I would be grateful or can tell me if balcony is covered etc.

After seeing the video of the stateroom they suggested we change to I decided to change back as it looks terrible, nothing like the others, so I think they should have a picture of the wheelchair friendly cabins as it would be a big shock to some people if they are expecting it to look anything like the other ones in the same class.

Changed back to 12072 anyone have any pictures of that I would be grateful or can tell me if balcony is covered etc.

12072 is a standard balcony cabin with the bed next to the door. This is what we sailed in. All balconies over deck 9 are covered. Nice thing about your room is the larger balcony than normal and your close proximity to the elevators. The downside is having the bed next to the door which will make it more difficult for you to navigate in the room. Either way, these balcony rooms are narrow and it will be impossible for you to roll from the door to the balcony. There's just not enough room between the foot of the bed and the cabinets. If you are able to get around for short distances without the wheelchair this will be less of an issue.

489-vi.jpg

Here is a picture of a room with the couch by the door and bed near the balcony. A little more room in the doorway area. Your room might be preferable for late night potty visits

350-vi.jpg

Edited by sdmike

• 2 weeks later...
I just switched cabins to 10196 and 10198 from the Port side. We're going on the Mediterranean itinerary next year... should I have stayed on the port side? I wanted to get on the bump out.

You'll be fine. It's not always predictable which side "faces out" in port, and the Italian ports are actually not all that scenic in the areas where you dock. (Don't know about the French ports you'll visit, and you don't go to Mallorca, which was the prettiest of the ports we saw--and actually, that had a nice view on either side of the ship...so go figure.) This itinerary has lots of sailing at night, so not that much to see, and even when you are passing land during daylight (e.g. sailing between Sardinia and Corsica) things are at a fair distance.

[edit--actually, you are on the port side in an even # cabin... Bottom line--don't fret! These are great cabins!]

Edited by quercus alba

31247026.jpg

I have yet to find out which room layout I have chosen. Room 14049 starboard, fwd and the last bump cabin in that group. It would be nice to have the bed next to the balcony. We usually do not book balconies but we spent the extra $ this time. Are the pictures a representation of the port and starboard sides facing forward??

Thanks any and all.