Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

lusitanica - can you please shed some light on cabin 11004? Am I doomed to be in an enclosed balcony?

thanks!

11004 is "enclosed" and well "protected" by the bridge.

But 11004 (and 11005 on starboard) deffer from other ones.

It's less enclosed and located where the superstructure curve begins.

So 11004 is quite interesting and has a bit of view forward.

11000 and 11001 are even more interesting with some more view forward (more wind, more spray though).

11004.jpg

lusitanica,

I don't know how you do this, I am so totally impressed! Can I ask you for one more??? Please! I am cabin 9117 which is at the back of the 1st bump. I belive that we have a covered balcony, probably looking straight down onto the deck 8 cabins. Maybe a little bigger than some?

Thank you!

I agree.

9117 balcony seems to be a bit deeper, looking onto open balconies below and... lifeboats.

9117.jpg

looks like 10323 and 10321 are open on my cruise? Does anyone know if these are a higher category than the BF and what are the balcony's like on the back of the ship. They looked covered but I'm worried that they are the encased, cutout type. Dont want that. Any good suggestions for a covered balcony that does not look down onto a life boat? I'd like to try to get two right across or next to each other? Gosh... I feel like I need to pay you a fee for this... CC should put you on your own blog as an expert on how to see what view your cabin will provide.

Lusitanica,

How do you do this???? We are first time cruisers and didnt know there is so much to research and learn before we book a cruise!!!! We have cabin 13207...would you know how this would look? would it have a good view?

Thanks in advance!!!

Ravi & Vidya

The view of waterline is obstructed, but general panorama is not bad as you are well above "obstructions".

13207 balcony is covered, but privacy is a bit compromised (your balcony can be partially observed from adjacent "bump" balconies of spa suites on deck 14 on your right and deck 14 spa balcony on your left).

13207.jpg

This is your cabin:

132071.jpg

Right below your balcony:

132072.jpg

13207 layout with a sofa next to the balcony:

132073.jpg

As everyone else has said...Thank you very much for your special talent of cabin research. The pic is oh so helpful. It may not be the best cabin, but I will make the best of it...after all, I will be on a magnificent cruiseship, with my wonderful husband, celebrating my anniversary. I know I can look beyond everything else and be very satisfied with my view! Thank you and Im thankful everyday that I even have the opportunity to go...cant wait!!! :D

Happy anniversary!

Thank You Lusitanica for all the wonderful pics.

I was trying to look at one of the pics and count to see which cabins we are in for our Valentines Day cruise, and unfortuanately, I'm not doing it right. It keeps taking me to the back of the ship, and our cabins are suppose to be midship.

Would you mind to see if you could locate our cabins too. 9191 & 9193

TIA,

Nanatopiper

I didn't realize until I sailed that the life boats actually jet out from the ship...Most ships have them tucked underneath a bit so you can look down from your balcony right into the ocean....This was one of many disappointments for us on this ship/cruiseline....

Edited by kattchatt

Wow you are awesome. Now after reading all this, I'm concerned if mine is a closed in Balcony. Would you mind checking it out for me? My son and I are staying in 11019. I really appreciate you doing this.

Tks again

Carol

Edited by beetlebomb

I have booked cabin 12065. Can you show me the balcony Lusitanica? Thought it might be slightly bigger as on end of a hump, but looking at deck plan it looks the smallest! Have I made a big mistake? Still lots of time to change. Thank you so much.

Well Lusitania...While you're at it....we are in 11008. Can you give me some info in this one? I understand that it is on the "bump out". Is the bed near the balcony or the entrance?

You're the best! And I too am curious as to how you do this!

Well Lusitania...While you're at it....we are in 11008. Can you give me some info in this one? I understand that it is on the "bump out". Is the bed near the balcony or the entrance?

You're the best! And I too am curious as to how you do this!

I suggest you look at Lusitanica's post #51 in this thread. It shows you exactly where 11008 is (i.e. 2 aft of 11004). It is an "internal" balcony just behind the bridge extension. The bed is by the entrance and not the balcony.

Enjoy!

Neil

I suggest you look at Lusitanica's post #51 in this thread. It shows you exactly where 11008 is (i.e. 2 aft of 11004). It is an "internal" balcony just behind the bridge extension. The bed is by the entrance and not the balcony.

Enjoy!

Neil

Thank you Neil......How do you know the bed is by the entrance? Also...is the "internal" balcony larger? My CC told me it is on the "bump out".

Thank You Lusitanica for all the wonderful pics.

I was trying to look at one of the pics and count to see which cabins we are in for our Valentines Day cruise, and unfortuanately, I'm not doing it right. It keeps taking me to the back of the ship, and our cabins are suppose to be midship.

Would you mind to see if you could locate our cabins too. 9191 & 9193

TIA,

Nanatopiper

9191 and 9193 are covered balconies over lifeboats (a huge one and a smaller "rescue boat").

91919193.jpg

9191 and 9193 are covered balconies over lifeboats (a huge one and a smaller "rescue boat").

91919193.jpg

Thank You for posting these pics!!! These are perfect for us!! We don't mind the life boats. We were just a bit afraid of sea sickness, and they told us the lower the cabin and midship would be the best for us.. I sure do hope they are right.. How do you know if the bed is near the door or the balcony? Very Curious! Thanks again for this!

Wow you are awesome. Now after reading all this, I'm concerned if mine is a closed in Balcony. Would you mind checking it out for me? My son and I are staying in 11019. I really appreciate you doing this.

Tks again

Carol

11019 has an unusual position.

The balcony has a triangular bump. The balcony towers over various assortment of open balconies on decks 8 and 9.

Lifeboats are 5 balconies behind.

Although the sharper angle of the balcony technically reaches the outline of the cross section of the ship, you cannot see the waterline (the cross section is curved at this point).

There must be a good view forward if you hang out a bit.

11019.jpg