Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

I don't see any spa balcony rooms available for my sailing. I'm thinking that my travel agent my have some in stock. Not sure. But then I thought why not just move to a delux balcony. I think it would only be about another $360. Anyway, can you suggest what I should be looking for if I want to get either a different BF or an upgraded cabin that does not look right into the life boats and has a covered balcony? Then I can call the TA tomorrow and make the switch. I really appreciate your skill. Thank you so much.

Delux and spa balconies are right above lifeboats. Note that the higher the deck is the less annoying is the presence of "obctructions" below.

It's a really tough task to find covered balcony cabins over clean board on Epic.

Most of the cabins tower over either roofless balconies in front below or lifeboats (or both!).

Unobstructed "oasis" is deck 8 aft cabins (above the main dining room): 8190-8208, 8191-8209.

Cabins right above them on deck 9 have the same view (a bit better as they are a bit higher) but their balconies are roofless.

Let me continie little later.:)

Edited by lusitanica

11300 has a covered balcony.

Below there are open balconies on deck 9 though, but no lifeboats directly below.

lusitanica- thank you so much! You are sweet for checking this for all of us. It is appreciated. I thought I had counted over, but on another post I saw that their balcony seemed to be more the look of a window. Enclosed I guess? By my count, I would have been close to be a window looking one or the one you noted. Thanks so much! I'm relieved.

Unless they changed numbers...

12014 is not exposed. It's a sheltered balcony.

This part of the ship requires more protection from winds and waives.

73062234.jpg

Lusitanica: You are a strange one at times but ever so helpful and knowledgable :D

By the way we are in 8108 can you show me where this is using a pointy yellow arrow please ?

Edited by UK_Cruiser

Hmmm...trying to count balconies. My cabin is 9047 and I fear I may be looking into a lifeboat or directly into uncovered balconies on deck 8 :(

Yes, from cabin 9047, you will be looking down into open balconies below you on deck 8.

The news may be a little better regarding the lifeboats. If I have it calculated correctly, cabin 9047 is immediately forward of the first lifeboat. It looks like you won't have a lifeboat directly below you or to your left, but I think you will have a view of that first lifeboat directly to your right.

Lusitanica: You are a strange one at times but ever so helpful and knowledgable :D

By the way we are in 8108 can you show me where this is using a pointy yellow arrow please ?

8108 balcony seems to be exposed with one corner hidden under triangular balcony of 9182.

Similar to 8109 on starboard.:)

81088109.jpg

You seem to be correct.

9047.jpg

Thank you, lusitanica, for your detailed analysis which corrects my previous calculations about the lifeboat view from cabin 9047. Different angles on different photos can be deceiving. This clearly shows that the view straight down from cabin 9047 does include that first lifeboat.

You have a gift! Could you please give me any information about cabin 10256? Thank you for your time and efforts.

10256 is a covered balcony.

10256.jpg

The view to the right from your balcony will be similar to this:

boatat.jpg

The view straight down will be similar to this:

boat1d.jpg

To all: you are very welcome!

Thank you for sharing your talent with us! I hated to ask, but I'm getting ready to book cabin 9279. I'm pretty sure its a open balcony, which doesnt bother me. But I cant tell if its on the lifeboats or just behind it.

Thanks again!!

Thank you for sharing your talent with us! I hated to ask, but I'm getting ready to book cabin 9279. I'm pretty sure its a open balcony, which doesnt bother me. But I cant tell if its on the lifeboats or just behind it.

Thanks again!!

9279 is behind lifeboats.

9279.jpg

To all: you are very welcome!

I really have to say "thanks" again. I am not good at this sort of research and I really appreciate the precise info. I showed the boys our picture and they were thrilled!:D

lusitanica,

I don't know how you do this, I am so totally impressed! Can I ask you for one more??? Please! I am cabin 9117 which is at the back of the 1st bump. I belive that we have a covered balcony, probably looking straight down onto the deck 8 cabins. Maybe a little bigger than some?

Thank you!

Lusitanica,

How do you do this???? We are first time cruisers and didnt know there is so much to research and learn before we book a cruise!!!! We have cabin 13207...would you know how this would look? would it have a good view?

Thanks in advance!!!

Ravi & Vidya

You seem to be correct.

9047.jpg

As everyone else has said...Thank you very much for your special talent of cabin research. The pic is oh so helpful. It may not be the best cabin, but I will make the best of it...after all, I will be on a magnificent cruiseship, with my wonderful husband, celebrating my anniversary. I know I can look beyond everything else and be very satisfied with my view! Thank you and Im thankful everyday that I even have the opportunity to go...cant wait!!! :D