Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

I have booked cabin 12065. Can you show me the balcony Lusitanica? Thought it might be slightly bigger as on end of a hump, but looking at deck plan it looks the smallest! Have I made a big mistake? Still lots of time to change. Thank you so much.

12065 is the very beginning of the second hump (we count from the bow to the stern including the very front part of the superstructure which is bump too). The bow side of the balcony is equal to a regular balcony, the stern side is somewhat 2 feet deeper.

Located over open balconies of decks 8 and 9, and also over lifeboats.

12065.jpg

Edited by lusitanica

Well Lusitania...While you're at it....we are in 11008. Can you give me some info in this one? I understand that it is on the "bump out". Is the bed near the balcony or the entrance?

You're the best! And I too am curious as to how you do this!

This is a "sheltered" balcony on the first bump and it's deeper than a regular balcony.

It can be seen on the other side (a similar 11009 on starboard).

Additional shadow is provided by the bridge above.

The bed is by the entrance.

11008.jpg

Edited by lusitanica

I'm booked in 13091 for August 7. Could you locate this room for me. This is amazing.

Thanks

13091 is a covered balcony above open balconies on deck 8.

There are partially lifeboats below, partially (less obstructive) liferaft equipment.

13091.jpg

11019 has an unusual position.

The balcony has a triangular bump. The balcony towers over various assortment of open balconies on decks 8 and 9.

Lifeboats are 5 balconies behind.

Although the sharper angle of the balcony technically reaches the outline of the cross section of the ship, you cannot see the waterline (the cross section is curved at this point).

There must be a good view forward if you hang out a bit.

11019.jpg

We were right next door in 11021 and could see the water (not seeing the 'waterline' was not a bother--not sure why that would be a bad thing) and it does overlook other exposed balconies. We were envious of the larger balcony in 11019! You will LOVE it. Your bed is by the cabin door, btw.

Have a blast! :D

Edited by cruisinsuz

We were right next door in 11021 and could see the water (not seeing the 'waterline' was not a bother--not sure why that would be a bad thing) and it does overlook other exposed balconies. We were envious of the larger balcony in 11019! You will LOVE it. Your bed is by the cabin door, btw.

Have a blast! :D

Tks lusitanica, I really appreciate you doing this. Now I am worried about the view. Looks like we can see straight ahead and towards the back of the ship, but will not be able to see the water to the front of the ship unless we are standing up.

Cruisinsuz, tks for your comments. Does make me feel a bit better. Just concerned as the pic here looks like we would be jammed beside the wall that faces the front of the ship. I just spoke to NCL and apparently all this category is sold out. Trying to figure out if I should upgrade or just stay and enjoy what we have. I would like to sit out on the balcony in the morning and then again later in the night. Won't be there much in the daytime.

Carol

Might as well join the fun and throw 13177 in as well..any info would be much appreciated. Almost there, only 4 weeks to go...:)

13177 is a covered balcony located under the shadow of deck 14 spa balconies.

The straight down view includes open balconies on deck 8 and lifeboats.

131771.jpg

13177.jpg

Tks lusitanica, I really appreciate you doing this. Now I am worried about the view. Looks like we can see straight ahead and towards the back of the ship, but will not be able to see the water to the front of the ship unless we are standing up.

Cruisinsuz, tks for your comments. Does make me feel a bit better. Just concerned as the pic here looks like we would be jammed beside the wall that faces the front of the ship. I just spoke to NCL and apparently all this category is sold out. Trying to figure out if I should upgrade or just stay and enjoy what we have. I would like to sit out on the balcony in the morning and then again later in the night. Won't be there much in the daytime.

Carol

You will NOT want to let this cabin go! It is awesome! Plenty of beautiful views! Yes, if you were leaning on your rail, you could see right into our balcony, but it wasn't any big deal...we could easily lean on our railing and see many others right down from us on the same deck, up, down and onto the exposed balconies below.

Your view is wonderful...trust me!

You can see plenty of water--maybe not the 'waterline' but who cares? As long as my view was not obstructed by lifeboats, it was perfect!

Like I said before, you will LOVE it!

I think we should have a round of applause for lusitanica. Thank you so much for your help. You may have made all the difference in my cruise. I appreciate your talent. :D

My pleasure.

BTW your 12170 is a good choice. Maybe this cabin, one below and one above, plus the same trio on starboard are the best of midships as far as the view is concerned.

12170.jpg

You will NOT want to let this cabin go! It is awesome! Plenty of beautiful views! Yes, if you were leaning on your rail, you could see right into our balcony, but it wasn't any big deal...we could easily lean on our railing and see many others right down from us on the same deck, up, down and onto the exposed balconies below.

Your view is wonderful...trust me!

You can see plenty of water--maybe not the 'waterline' but who cares? As long as my view was not obstructed by lifeboats, it was perfect!

Like I said before, you will LOVE it!

Crusinsuz, tks again for the advice. Where did u cruise from? Were u on the TA? I think everyone on this board should get a big round of applause. All of you have been so helpful. Especially to those of us who have never cruised b4. I'm looking forward in going on this cruise with my son. Will be great memories made.

Tks again Lusitancia and crusinsuz

This is a "sheltered" balcony on the first bump and it's deeper than a regular balcony.

It can be seen on the other side (a similar 11009 on starboard).

Additional shadow is provided by the bridge above.

The bed is by the entrance.

11008.jpg

Thank you for the info. I was not happy with the location of this balcony. I like to have the sun come through onto the balcony so I called my CC and she switched us from cabin 11008 to 9036. She told me this was an upgrade from B1 to BG. Can you tell me about the balcony and if it overlooks the lifeboat? I tried to figure it out by looking at the deck plans but was unable to decifer.

Thanks!

Thank you for the info. I was not happy with the location of this balcony. I like to have the sun come through onto the balcony so I called my CC and she switched us from cabin 11008 to 9036. She told me this was an upgrade from B1 to BG. Can you tell me about the balcony and if it overlooks the lifeboat? I tried to figure it out by looking at the deck plans but was unable to decifer.

Thanks!

9036 is a covered balcony on portside.

It overlooks an exposed balcony on deck 8.

Lifeboats begin at this point.

90036.jpg

90036.jpg

Thanks for the info! I think I made the right decision in switching.

I just hope the people below don't do anything that I will regret seeing! lol

Lusitanica,

U hv blowen me away...would u plz locate 14143? Thank u so very much. Words can't explain:D:);):cool:

90036.jpg