Shore Excursion Questions

KENANDPAT

We are used to cruising with Princess and when we do online shore ex reservations prior to our cruise they are billed to our ship acct when we arrive on the ship. Is this the same for Azamara or do you have to prepay for excurisions when you reserve?

Thanks for your answers.

You mean if you book them before the cruise you are charged at that point - can't you have them put on your on-board account? so you can use OBC's for them?

If you wait until you are on board, then you can use your OBC. I understand that they hold back a certain percentage to sell on board.

Sue

Yikes! another reason not to go with ship's tours. On our cruise last fall people we met had booked to fly from Alexandria to Luxor with Azamara. That was cancelled. That would be a very large unexpected OBC that I for one would not easily be able to spend.

Yikes! another reason not to go with ship's tours. On our cruise last fall people we met had booked to fly from Alexandria to Luxor with Azamara. That was cancelled. That would be a very large unexpected OBC that I for one would not easily be able to spend.

I believe in that case that your credit card would be credited at the end of the cruise for the unused OBC.

I am sure in that circumstance they would refund in cash/credit card since Azamara is canceling not the passenger.

Do you recall how many were booked for that tour and how many they needed (and how soon they canceled)? I am interested in doing that tour in April but private companies are the same price and need a group of 40 to charter a flight.

I know the couple only found out either when they boarded or just before the cruise. I don't know any other details, but I would want to have a back up plan. They ended up going with another couple who had arranged a private car and driver for a tour of Alexandria.

Archived