Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Sorry, just want to clarify since I'm fairly new here : So for a 12 day med cruise I can purchase the the beverage package several days into the cruise ( if bought onboard) and just be charged for the remaining days of the cruise not for the entire 12 days?

Sorry, just want to clarify since I'm fairly new here : So for a 12 day med cruise I can purchase the the beverage package several days into the cruise ( if bought onboard) and just be charged for the remaining days of the cruise not for the entire 12 days?

That would appear to be the case. Based on what jg51 posted, my interpretation would be that on a 12-day cruise, you can purchase a beverage package any time up to Day 10 (at which point there would only be 2 days left), and you would be charged for the remaining days of your cruise.

ALL drinks, whether alcoholic or not, costing $8 or less per serving are included in the Classic [Alcoholic] Package.

ALL non-alcoholic drinks costing $8 or less are included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package.

I'm very confused. Sparkling waters, smoothies, and red bulls cost less than 8 dollars a glass but these are not included in the classic package. And what about hot chocolate? That is listed as a specialty coffee and therefore not included in the classic package. Can anyone clarify this?

Tom, when I called Celebrity last week, the rep. told me that the wine packages (3) were not available on Solstice. I believe she was right because I later saw it as a footnote on the Celebrity website. That is indeed unfortunate.

Out of all the lists I have seen posted, I have yet to see a Wine List by the bottle with the prices. Would my "HERO" JG51 happen to have one of those?

I love this Sticky thank you for thinking of doing this!

Thanks for the info. I guess that I will buy the Classic package.

Tom

Thanks for the info. I guess that I will buy the Classic package.

Tom

I am a big fan of Domaine Chandon and Pouilly Fuisse along with a few others and these would not be available with the classic package. You might want to check the prices by the glass or take a peek at the cost of the bottles you like and just purchase a few of those. I haven't had a chance to review the wine by the bottle lists yet.

ALL drinks, whether alcoholic or not, costing $8 or less per serving are included in the Classic [Alcoholic] Package.

ALL non-alcoholic drinks costing $8 or less are included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package.

I'm very confused. Sparkling waters, smoothies, and red bulls cost less than 8 dollars a glass but these are not included in the classic package. And what about hot chocolate? That is listed as a specialty coffee and therefore not included in the classic package. Can anyone clarify this?

Also, the upper level beers are not included (according to the Celebrity site) in the Classic Package even though they cost less than $8. You need to get the Premium Package to cover all beers.

So the information posted by the OP that all non alcoholic drinks less than 8 dollars are included is incorrect? I'm sooooo confused. Conflicting information gives me a headache. I need a drink. ;)

Also' date=' the upper level beers are not included (according to the Celebrity site) in the Classic Package even though they cost less than $8. You need to get the Premium Package to cover all beers.[/quote']

Beer to 5 dollars covered on classic

Beer to 8 dollars on premium

I saw that on celeb website

But I am confused about smoothies and cafe mocha etc

you said :"Sparkling waters, smoothies, and red bulls cost less than 8 dollars a glass but these are not included in the classic package"......

how do you know this ??? I havent read anywhere about exclusions such as the ones you listed here ..did you find this on celeb website ??

thnx

ALSO for anyone else

is there anywhere on the ship I cannot get a drink with the drink package ???? restrictions ??

thanks again

Hello, folks.

As a couple of people have noticed, I made a big mistake yesterday, because I jumped to an incorrect conclusion. I want to apologize especially to "CLEMM" for causing the headache!

Unfortunately, I can no longer edit my old post, so I hope that newcomers will continue reading to find the corrections that "riandei" has offered -- along with what I am going to state now ...

I was right about this:

"ALL drinks, whether alcoholic or not, costing $12 or less per serving are included in Premium [Alcoholic] Package."

I was almost right about this:

"ALL drinks, whether alcoholic or not, costing $8 or less per serving are included in the Classic [Alcoholic] Package."

I should have added this: "... EXCEPT that the beer-price limit is $5."

I was WRONG to make the following two statements:

"ALL non-alcoholic drinks costing $8 or less are included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package.

"ALL non-alcoholic drinks costing $12 or less are included in the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package."

In reality, there are no "dollar limits" on the non-alcoholic packages, but rather "content limits."

It would be better for me to quote now what Celebrity states about the non-alcoholic packages. (What is in brackets is from me.) ...

--- "Classic Non-Alcoholic Package [$15.00 per day, including forced tip]:

"In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections (such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, and Coke Zero), enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, and Non-Premium Bottled Water."

--- "Premium Non-Alcoholic Package [$18.50 per day, including forced tip]: [Adds, to the above] Premium Bottled Water (from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino), Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink, and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water."

Yes, "mazdeb," I think that "Jobeth66" understands it as I do. I first saw other CrCr members saying the same thing -- about buying a package at mid-cruise. Then, a couple of days ago, I found it at the Celebrity site and quoted it for you, above. [i inserted clarifications in brackets, because I think that the answer to the FAQ is poorly written. First it "flat-out" states that you CAN'T buy a package for part of a cruise, but then it says that you CAN. The writer of the answer failed to distinguish between pre-purchase (CAN'T) and on-board purchase (CAN).]

If you want to see/print the Celebrity page that I quoted, I hope that this link will work for you:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000D7sFh-JmLTg3jntJDY3Dwbj:12hdebcnj?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=4039&pagename=faq_answers

I haven't read all the latest messages yet, so I may be back to post more info shortly.

Edited by jg51

Hello, folks.

As a couple of people have noticed, I made a big mistake yesterday, because I jumped to an incorrect conclusion. I want to apologize especially to "CLEMM" for causing the headache!

Unfortunately, I can no longer edit my old post, so I hope that newcomers will continue reading to find the corrections that "riandei" has offered -- along with what I am going to state now ...

I think that I was right about these two:

--- ALL drinks, whether alcoholic or not, costing $8 or less per serving are included in the Classic [Alcoholic] Package.

Not true, many beers are not included.

Beer to 5 dollars covered on classic

Beer to 8 dollars on premium

I saw that on celeb website

But I am confused about smoothies and cafe mocha etc

Hi, "riandei."

Thanks for the correction on the classic limit ($5 on beer).

I hope that what I have now copied today from the "X" site clarifies the situation regarding smoothies, Red Bulls, etc., for you. I apologize to you too for the errors in my post yesterday. I rushed and did not verify some things.

You were mistaken about one thing, however. There is not an $8 limit on beers if you have the Premium Package. Here is how Celebrity states it:

"... enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving."

Hi, "Jerry and Shelly."

You stated: "Not true, many beers are not included."

You read my message too quickly!

Before I saw your comment, I jumped in, edited my message, and fixed that error about the beers. (I no longer say that "I was right about these two.")

Please look above and verify that I made a good correction. Thank you.

Edited by jg51

is there anywhere on the ship I cannot get a drink with the drink package ???? restrictions ??

Hi again, "riandei."

I racked my brain for you and came up with the following things that I believe I've seen other CrCr members state:

(1) As mentioned above, you cannot use a package to get a $15 "martini flight" at the Martini Bar.

(2) At the Cellar Masters lounge, your package does not entitle you to the use of the Enomatic Wine Dispenser.

[Photo here: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/519/Celebrity-Constellation-Enomatic-Wine-Dispensor-in-Cellar-Masters.jpg ... Info here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1204874 ]

(3) "Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar, or room service." [From "X" site]

(4) There may be one or more cases of drinks in "souvenir glasses" that are not included in the Premium Package, even though the price is below the limit. (I can't recall for sure.) If this is correct, I assume that it is excluded in order to prevent one from accumulating a bunch of glasses.

Finally, I wanted to copy a few more words from the Celebrity "fine print" ...

"Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day."

So, it seems to me that, if you pre-purchase a package but change your mind, once your aboard, you have only the one day on which to cancel and get a refund credited to your account. You cannot give it a try for a day or two and then cancel it. Please let me know if you read it differently.

Edited by jg51

I just came across another restriction ...

(5) In Murano, there is a "normal" menu, and there is a "wine pairings" menu called "Five Senses." The first costs $35. The second costs much more [i saw $140 a few months ago], because expensive wines are served with each course. Holding a beverage package has no effect on the price of a "Five Senses" meal.

thanks so much for all your input and work on this topic

I feel confident that the classic package will cover everthing I am interested in ... strangely enuff ... I dont drink much ... but a specialty coffee, a coke or 2 a day and a few cocktails before/after dinner and you are for sure hitting the daily limit to break even

thanks again

eileen

Maybe this has been asked before, sorry if it is repeated, but can a "package" be used by two or more people i.e. can one "purchase" two drinks at the same time?? Hope this makes sense.

Next time I will put more water with my drink :o

Maybe this has been asked before, sorry if it is repeated, but can a "package" be used by two or more people i.e. can one "purchase" two drinks at the same time?? Hope this makes sense.

Next time I will put more water with my drink :o

No, packages cannot be shared. If you want 2 drinks you need 2 cards.

I know I read somewhere on CC the exact charge to bill for the premium package ...cannot find it now ... does anyone know exact charge with tip and tax for premium ??? classic ????

thanks