Equinox - Formal nights & CDP (sorry!)

claiream3

Hi all

Thanks to those who answered my iron / laundry room question a week or so ago. Now I’ve got over the shock of that I have more questions!

On the online cruise personaliser feature it states time in port/ ability to book excursions/speciality restaurants etc etc but nowhere does it state when are the formal nights, if any.

This is a 7 night cruise embarking Barcelona, ending Rome. Will there be any formal nights? I’m guessing going on past experience that there will be two (previous 14 night cruise with P&O there were 4, but we also had 7 sea days due to it being transatlantic). This cruise has just 2 sea days. Will something be posted to my home stating this?

lastly, I am very very sorry to add this again, as I know there are several more recent threads with regard to this subject which I have read with great detail again and again. But due to the very recent update on the X website and how they’ve now “reduced” the price of the drinks packages (to not show the 15% tax in the immediate price) I wonder if they have made other changes to the site with regard to the drinks package. It isn’t very clear.

From recent posts/ recent cruises you all say that the classic package includes anything and everything up to the $5 or $8 limit including coffees/teas etc. but on the website it shows a list of brand names of alcohol and soft drink brands under the classic package heading and includes “all the benefits of the classic non-alcoholic package”. Does this mean that the package literally now only covers these brands? Or can one get the coffees etc too (up to the dollar limit?) I’m not a huge coffee drinker but the way recent cruisers have reported back lead me to believe that the coffees and all sorts would be included up to the dollar amount limit. I notice though that it states “includes but is not limited to the following”. Is that the clincher line that will cover the coffee etc etc?

I enjoy a cider as opposed to beer/lager (I hate beer). But on the site it only states “beers up to $5 per serving”. Does that mean that ciders are not included in the classic package at all, and one can only buy beer up to $5? Very confused! If that is the case it seems pretty limited to me. Lastly, if we’re asking so many questions now how on earth (or maybe the sea!!) once on board will we know whats included in the classic package other than the $5 and $8 drinks!?

Thank you for your responses in advance.

I really enjoy reading new posts and replies J

Claire

From the Celebrity website:

How many formal and smart casual and above nights are there on my sailing?

Subject: Dress Code

Cruise Length Smart Casual and Above Formal

4 Night 3 1

5 Night 4 1

6 Night 5 1

7 Night 5 2

8 Night 6 2

9 Night 7 2

10 Night 8 2

11 Night 9 2

12 Night 9 3

13 Night 10 3

14 Night 11 3

15 Night 12 3

On the online cruise personaliser feature it states time in port/ ability to book excursions/speciality restaurants etc etc but nowhere does it state when are the formal nights, if any.

When the formal nights are is a decision made by the ship. Others can tell you when they usually are [no us because we have never done a 7 night cruise and do not know] but it is not set in stone. The days of the formal nights will be available once you have boarded.

I enjoy a cider as opposed to beer/lager (I hate beer).

I also hate beer and enjoy cider but have never found cider on a Celebrity ship. I wish they would have it.

Sue

On 7 days cruises, formal nights are usually day 2 and 6. Since your day 2 is a later day in the port, I would guess it will be day three and day 6. It will not be your only at sea day because that is your last day and they never do it on the last day due to packing issues...They usually don't announce when they have them, as someone said, its up to the ship.

Cider does appear onsome drink lists (see the current price list "sticky" on this board). I have never seen it offered but I expect that cruises originating Southampton offer it rather than U S based ships as it is not very common in the U S

Archived