Martini Tasting?

rogerwaters

I think this is standard on any NCL ship. Check out the Dailies and they have a martini tasting session. I think they require a minimum of 10 to participate which should not be a problem on the large Epic. I have seen these (but never participated) on the Sky and Jewel.

I think this is standard on any NCL ship. Check out the Dailies and they have a martini tasting session. I think they require a minimum of 10 to participate which should not be a problem on the large Epic.

We tried to attend on Sky, and not enough people showed up. The bartender gave us all a small margarita for free as a consolation.

It was offered on the Epic, I believe it was the 2nd day. Check out the dailies from the first Carribean cruise that were posted on another thread. There's also a Margarita tasting on another day as well.

They're always fun!

It was offered on the Epic, I believe it was the 2nd day. Check out the dailies from the first Carribean cruise that were posted on another thread. There's also a Margarita tasting on another day as well.

They're always fun!

Do you happen to recall the price, and how many drinks that price included? Also, I think someone mentioned you could "share" the tasting? My friend who is traveling with me like martini's, my hubby & his wife do not. So can he & I sign up together, and share the tastings together?

When we were on the Dawn we did the martini tasting - twice. The first time we were up in the SKY bar and a giant wave came over the deck and scared us all half to death. We thought for sure the ship was going to sink. Jose was a FANTASTIC host. We sang his name - Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose the entire cruise. He actually poured 7 martinis.

We did share.

The second time on the Sun - eh....not so much fun. A much more subdued group and a disinterested host.

We will probably do it on the EPIC - depending on what day.

Do you happen to recall the price, and how many drinks that price included? Also, I think someone mentioned you could "share" the tasting? My friend who is traveling with me like martini's, my hubby & his wife do not. So can he & I sign up together, and share the tastings together?

I don't remember how much it was on the Jewel. Also, nothing to sign up for...you just grab a seat tell the bartender or waiter how many are participating, then wait for the martini's to appear. You get charged for how many you say are participating. Just don't include the ones that are going to taste yours.

Try to get a seat at the bar so you can watch the bartender. It's a show in itself.

Hope this helps

You get charged for how many you say are participating. Just don't include the ones that are going to taste yours.

Ok, so if me & my friend go, and we want to split the 5 martinis, I can just say ONE is participating and he & I can split the 5 drinks?

I know I can handle 5 martinis, but my bigger fear is just gulping them down and not appreciating the tastes if there is a set time limit of the tasting itself.

I think you just get a few sips of each one, not 5 full martinis. At most you'd feel a bit tipsy. I've never been on NCL but on Carnival I did a drink tasting and the bartender did trivia during the event and gave full sized drinks to the winner of each question. That was fun, but I know nothing so won nothing. :p

I've done the Martini Tasting at least once, sometimes twice, on every NCL cruise I've been on. :)

It has always been $15 for 5 martinis. Now, mind you, they are NOT "full" martinis. More like half a martini. Still, that's $15 for 2.5 martinis, so it's a good price. Depending on the bartender, sometimes they throw in an extra, which is always fun.

Yes, you can "share" your tasting with someone. I've seen it a lot. Just say you're participating and let the other(s) share with you. I'm fairly certain there's no "rule" against sharing since every one I've been to has had at least one couple/pair sharing.

There was one on the Spirit called "French Kiss" (I think, it was a raspberry martini, basically) that I ended up drinking *ahem* a LOT of on our last cruise, which I discovered during a martini tasting early on. (Thank goodness for free drinks from CAS. Saves me a bundle. Haha!)

We did this on the Gem a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun. They said that the martinis were not full sized, but ours sure seemed like it. It was a lot for me to drink them all within the hour. It was a lot of fun and well worth the price.

I think you just get a few sips of each one, not 5 full martinis. At most you'd feel a bit tipsy. I've never been on NCL but on Carnival I did a drink tasting and the bartender did trivia during the event and gave full sized drinks to the winner of each question. That was fun, but I know nothing so won nothing. :p

Haha Scrappy, that sounds like fun! I know nothing either, so I would probably just yell out wrong answers in hopes to get a free drink anyway! :D

I've done the Martini Tasting at least once, sometimes twice, on every NCL cruise I've been on. :)

It has always been $15 for 5 martinis. Now, mind you, they are NOT "full" martinis. More like half a martini. Still, that's $15 for 2.5 martinis, so it's a good price. Depending on the bartender, sometimes they throw in an extra, which is always fun.

Yes, you can "share" your tasting with someone. I've seen it a lot. Just say you're participating and let the other(s) share with you. I'm fairly certain there's no "rule" against sharing since every one I've been to has had at least one couple/pair sharing.

There was one on the Spirit called "French Kiss" (I think, it was a raspberry martini, basically) that I ended up drinking *ahem* a LOT of on our last cruise, which I discovered during a martini tasting early on. (Thank goodness for free drinks from CAS. Saves me a bundle. Haha!)

Thanks for all the info!

I am definitely in on this now and I am definitely NOT sharing! I like the sounds of all this!!!! :cool::D

Yes, you can be a spectator...we do that sometimes!

Oh that is great! Nice to see from some of the other posts that he could take a small sip of my just to see what it tastes like without causing any problems.

Archived