Junior Suite on Oasis

Junior Suites on Oasis all seem to be roughly in the same part of the ship, but on a variety of different floors ranging from 15 to 6. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether one floor is particularly better than others.

Thanks.

We were in a JS on deck 9 (9230) and I thought it was a great location. On Oasis the middle decks are actually more convenient (IMHO) than the upper decks because of Promendade, Boardwalk, Fitness Center/Spa, Diamond Club and Central Park on 5,6, and 8. We are on Allure on March, and I specifically booked deck 8 to be closer to the Park Cafe for my morning coffee.

If you have kids then you might want to be on 15 near the kids club.

• 1 month later...
Junior Suites on Oasis all seem to be roughly in the same part of the ship, but on a variety of different floors ranging from 15 to 6. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether one floor is particularly better than others.

Thanks.

I will start saying that if you see the deck plans you will see that from deck 6 to deck 8 at the hump on the back there are only JS.

At deck 9 you start seeing larger suites.

From deck 10 there are OS and when you go to the deck 11 and 14 you will see more OS per deck.

So you can see that when you start going up you will see better suites.

And at the deck 12 there are 2 of the 3 best suites on the ship.

So we can say that the deck 12 is "the best"??

You coffee runners do know that you can order a large pot of coffee with all the "fixins" before you go to bed by placing the order form on the door???

Voila....phone call at your designated time to tell you that its on the way.

Way easier than sending your husbands for one cup!

Deb

Oh cool that they call before they come. I hadn't heard that before. I'm never sure what time I'll be up on vacation and wouldn't want to be surprised by a knock on the door.

If you don't order ahead, does anyone know about how long it takes for delivery once you call?

Sounds like votes for deck nine or 12. I read another thread last night that talked about a blocked view on some of the upper verandas due to the ships superstructure??? Is deck 12 below that vision obstruction? I think they were talking an even higher deck and that you could see down all right but no real view forward or aft from your veranda.

Anyone?

Good to hear about deck 9. We have 9242 and I'm hoping it works well. I too need my caffeine and thought it would be convenient for DH to run down to 8.

Oh cool that they call before they come. I hadn't heard that before. I'm never sure what time I'll be up on vacation and wouldn't want to be surprised by a knock on the door.

If you don't order ahead, does anyone know about how long it takes for delivery once you call?

Even better, the JS comes with a coffeemaker and hot water pot, plus supplies.:D

I was on one cruise where we tried to call for breakfast and they told us that we couldn't order in the morning - we would have had to put the hang tag out the night before, they were very busy and couldn't POSSIBLY accomodate us. So we've not chanced that happening again. I like to think it wasn't the standard policy, though.

• 1 year later...

Oasis/Allure...same deal. You can order with the tags provided and leave on the door the night before and they will call when the order is on the way in the morning (Suggestion...get your tip out the night before so you are not fumbling in your sleepy state with the safe.)

There is a small self serve pot in the JS and above.

And, I have always been able to order the morning of if I forgot to place the tag. Takes usually about 1/2 hour. Like Jean said..maybe that was just an odd case.

Deb

Sorry Deb I should have made myself clearer. I was interested in the original poster's question:

I suppose it would be nicer closer to the water (deck 6) but would there be noise from the bars etc?

However usually the higher the deck the better the attendants.

Good to hear about deck 9. We have 9242 and I'm hoping it works well. I too need my caffeine and thought it would be convenient for DH to run down to 8.

We just got back & had 9242. That is a GREAT room. Extra large balcony. 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs & table & still tons of room. Middle of the 'hump' with great views.

We were lucky to get this room on a guarantee booking but if we go again I will actually ask for that room.

We too just got back from Oasis and had a JS.

While not a comment about JS, but we were on Deck 7, starbaord side aft, 7642. The problem with Deck 7 was that you have to use the elevator that is on the side of the ship that you are on since you can't walk from port to starboard at the aft elevators. Minor annoyance, but something to be aware of. Only deck where you can't do that.

Otherwise it was a large balcony with 2 chairs, 2 lounges, and a table. It was on the hump.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back & had 9242. That is a GREAT room. Extra large balcony. 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs & table & still tons of room. Middle of the 'hump' with great views.

We were lucky to get this room on a guarantee booking but if we go again I will actually ask for that room.

Hya,

We are currently on the celebrity eclipse and are thinking on booking on the allure of the seas for next year. We would be booking this tomorrow.

We were on the oasis last year and had cabin JS 8630, which started on the hump. We are now looking at cabin 8636 which is in the middle of the hump

My question is will this balcony be a bit larger than a normal JS balcony?

thanks

Steven

Archived