Bikinis for Pregnant Women

Sigh. When I was pregnant....40 years ago...I had a maternity bathing suit that had so much material in it that I put Omar the Tent Maker out of business for a month. Everytime I stood still, people asked if the circus was in town.... I think the new trend to

"let it all hang out" is great....so much more comfortable and I think a pregnant belly should be classified as one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

You are absolutely right! Maternity clothes were so ugly when I was pregnant in the late 70' and early 80's. Big, bulky smock tops that made you feel even larger! Now they are so cute! It was fun shopping with my daughter-in-law last year!

Sherri:)

Thanks for the kind comments and encouragement. And I don't mind if kids point and stare, I'm sure it will be an oddity even to me when I look in the mirror!

I've always thought it was cute but I wanted to do a quick check to make sure it wouldn't be viewed as offensive by most. I know there might be a few who will roll their eyes but that doesn't bother me. I'm fairly confident but the whole pregnancy thing is foreign and with the hormones who knows! If someone laughs at me I may break down and cry. Actually I doubt that will happen I'm so happy to be having this baby nothing can bring me down from this cloud I'm floating on. :)

Thanks again,

Francie

People make comments and stare at all kinds of attire. (Women with fantastic bodies who wear bikinis get comments and stares too). Wear what you want to wear. People will be dressed all sorts of ways.

Congratualtions on your pregnancy. Parenthood is wonderful.

People make comments and stare at all kinds of attire. (Women with fantastic bodies who wear bikinis get comments and stares too). Wear what you want to wear. People will be dressed all sorts of ways.

Congratualtions on your pregnancy. Parenthood is wonderful.

Thanks for the congrats! And I know what you're saying but I just wanted to get a feel for what others thought. I've always thought it was fine and it seems most others on here do too so that's enough for me. I can't bare the thought of a one piece. So much fabric and a pain to get out off to go to the bathroom! We haven't booked yet but I know it has to be before 24 or 26 weeks or something like that so who knows how much I'll even be showing by then.

Thanks again to all!

Francie

Congrats on the baby. You are very blessed. I think you should go out there and "Rock that baby body"

Just a heads up, since you will be in a bikini it will be more obvious that your are preggers so just be prepared for more people coming up and asking to touch your belly. Compleate strangers would come up to my sister and just place their hands on her without asking. Very sureal.

What I'm wondering is if it's advisable to expose the tummy to so much sun..like baking the baby? would sunscreen really protect from sunburn?

The doctor said the same thing to my pregnant friend (that it is important to cover the tummy from the sun, otherwise the water inside gets hotter than the rest of the body... like putting your baby in a hot tub).

I do like the look of bikinis for pregnant women so it would look cute going and coming from the water but when you lay in the sun, better protect the baby.

Hi Y'all. Just wanted to post a follow up. I had a pregnant belly pic on my signature just to test the water and it did freak some out so I'm thinking I'll wear a bikini but with a lightweight t-shirt over it. That way my belly won't be so "in their face" and it will also provide some protection for baby from the sun as many have mentioned. But I'll still have the ease of a bikini when I have to use the bathroom! And this will become even more important from what my friends who've had babies tell me!!

Thanks again for your input and support!

Francie

Archived