Carnival Pride Review - July 11-18

cbpanda

Did you play on a $5 table?

Yup! They had a couple of them. That was one thing I noticed. I play on every ship and this was the only one where I didn't have to wait for a seat at the $5 table. Was it just because it was less people than I was used to, or were there more families on board who were not gamblers? Hmmmm.....:rolleyes:

DH tried to take a picture inside the port around the waiting area, and one of the port workers followed him back to his seat and told him that pictures were strictly forbidden (Homeland Security) and that he was going to have to delete the picture while she watched to make sure it was deleted, or she was going to have to confiscate his camera. Hmmm… The funny thing was, he was standing next to a port security guard and the guard didn’t say anything to him. We saw no signs that photography wasn’t allowed. Then she went over to the people across from us and told them that they weren’t allowed to use their cell phones inside. Although, she completely ignored the teenagers doing their picture taking and texting.

i have just started reading but wanted to jump in and say great review so far and thanks for the effort!

i couldn't help but laugh when i read the stuff about port security, the no taking pictures and stuff... because i experienced way more of that at the port of baltimore, than in the airport!

was it... by any chance, this lady (lower right):

IMG_3759.jpg

that was all strict with the 'homeland security' picture and phone business?

i only ask because i'd laugh if it was. she totally yelled at me for taking that picture! (but didn't make me delete it - i just played stupid :D)

way to go, and keep going! i love reading about others' pride cruises - i wanna go back! :cool:

Hi Claire - I enjoyed your review. We were aboard the week before you for Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport. We went to Deadman's Reef in Freeport - really good snorkeling.

We had the same comment about the bar service in the dining room, and we had a set dining time. We had to ask our waiter to find a server, and there were two nights when we had no bar service. The server was a really nice guy, but he clearly had too many tables to serve.

i have just started reading but wanted to jump in and say great review so far and thanks for the effort!

i couldn't help but laugh when i read the stuff about port security, the no taking pictures and stuff... because i experienced way more of that at the port of baltimore, than in the airport!

was it... by any chance, this lady (lower right):

IMG_3759.jpg

that was all strict with the 'homeland security' picture and phone business?

i only ask because i'd laugh if it was. she totally yelled at me for taking that picture! (but didn't make me delete it - i just played stupid :D)

way to go, and keep going! i love reading about others' pride cruises - i wanna go back! :cool:

LOL Nope, it wasn't her. :D This woman was really nice about it, but was very determined that we delete the picture in her presence.

Thanks for reading.

Hi Claire - I enjoyed your review. We were aboard the week before you for Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport. We went to Deadman's Reef in Freeport - really good snorkeling.

We had the same comment about the bar service in the dining room, and we had a set dining time. We had to ask our waiter to find a server, and there were two nights when we had no bar service. The server was a really nice guy, but he clearly had too many tables to serve.

You know I was thinking the same thing about the servers. The Anytime servers had really large sections. I'm glad that I wasn't the only who thought the bar service was bad.

Next time, we will venture out into Freeport more.

Very nice review and great pictures!

Your comments about David's mirror my feelings. I had the surf and turf (butter was served with mine) and was doing great until I got to dessert. I had gone to the demonstration held in David's a couple of days before when they served some small samples of the cheesecake. Decided then, I would order that for dessert. Well, it was delicious. But, the size of the thing! I ate half of it and was miserable for the rest of the evening.

Have never understood the "security" restrictions about taking pictures in the terminals at the ports. At Port Everglades, there are signs that say no photography. What is it that Homeland Security does not want the "bad guys" to see?

What a great review. We took the Pride when she sailed out of Long Beach. The pictures were very good. There are card recovery programs that you can purchased and recover pictures that have been deleted. I bought one for about $40 when my grandson accidentally deleted all his pictures that he took in NY. I had given him a new camera for the trip and he went to delete one picture and ended up deleting them all-around 1200 in all. I found out that even though you delete a picture, you are actually just freeing up memory, but, the picture is still there.

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you had a great time. I'm going on the Pride in October and I can't wait. Thanks for sharing your pictures, they look great and has added to my excitement. Now I think I'm going to burst. :eek:

Wendy

Very nice review and great pictures!

Your comments about David's mirror my feelings. I had the surf and turf (butter was served with mine) and was doing great until I got to dessert. I had gone to the demonstration held in David's a couple of days before when they served some small samples of the cheesecake. Decided then, I would order that for dessert. Well, it was delicious. But, the size of the thing! I ate half of it and was miserable for the rest of the evening.

Have never understood the "security" restrictions about taking pictures in the terminals at the ports. At Port Everglades, there are signs that say no photography. What is it that Homeland Security does not want the "bad guys" to see?

Thanks!

The cheesecake was sinful!! :D OMG, it was huge! I really wish I had taken a picture of it.

I also don't under the "no pictures" inside the port terminal. Oh well, seriously when has anyone understood the Government anyway?!

What a great review. We took the Pride when she sailed out of Long Beach. The pictures were very good. There are card recovery programs that you can purchased and recover pictures that have been deleted. I bought one for about $40 when my grandson accidentally deleted all his pictures that he took in NY. I had given him a new camera for the trip and he went to delete one picture and ended up deleting them all-around 1200 in all. I found out that even though you delete a picture, you are actually just freeing up memory, but, the picture is still there.

OMG! He deleted all of his pictures?! Poor guy -- I would have been devastated. You're a sympathic grandmother.

I knew (deep down inside) when you delete, it doesn't really delete. I have been drilling that into my son's head since he was old enough to post on social networks -- "Don't post anything you don't want the world to see, because even if you post and delete, it never really goes away!"

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you had a great time. I'm going on the Pride in October and I can't wait. Thanks for sharing your pictures, they look great and has added to my excitement. Now I think I'm going to burst. :eek:

Wendy

Don't burst! :eek: Really, I don't want to be responsible for that!! :D

I wanted to be helpful. When we went on our 2nd cruise (that was when we found CC) I scoured the internet for pictures of the ship, reviews....anything that would tell us about or show us the ship. So now when we cruise on a new ship (for us), I try to take as many pictures of the ship so I can share with others. (does that make sense?)

I hope you have a great time! It really was a nice ship.

I was actually really busy this weekend and didn't get a chance to scan the Fun Times. I'll try and do it by next weekend. If anyone has a specific trip coming up, let me know and I'll make an effort to put them up sooner.

Great Great review! I love your balanced perfectly brief review. The fact that you enjoyed your time together

experiencing the ship itself, instead of a mad dash to explore all the ports, was refreshing. Look forward to your further comments

Thanks for the review. Sailing in Sept. A question or two if you will...

1. What kind of camera was your husband using?

2. Were there any signs advising people you are not permitted to take pictures?

3. Was this port person a Carnival employee or an actual Port of Baltimore person?

We are also just trying to take a relaxing cruise (first) and may end up doing about what you did... just mosey around a little here and there.

Thanks again.

do you have any capers with spa prices and specials. im going in sept 19

I have all the capers from my trip. I'll have them posted by this weekend. Not sure if it has spa prices/specials, I don't pay much attention to that.

Great Great review! I love your balanced perfectly brief review. The fact that you enjoyed your time together

experiencing the ship itself, instead of a mad dash to explore all the ports, was refreshing. Look forward to your further comments

Thanks, very much! I appreciate the kind words.

Thanks for the review. Sailing in Sept. A question or two if you will...

1. What kind of camera was your husband using?

He was using a Fuji Z5 point and shoot. Small little pocket camera.

2. Were there any signs advising people you are not permitted to take pictures?

We saw a sign upon our return to Baltimore. While we were waiting in line to go through customs/immigration there was a small standing sign at the doorway. This sign had 3 no-no's -- one was no photography, but for the life of me, I can't remember what else was forbidden. Maybe cell phones? :cool: We both assumed that there was a similar small sign is at the other door (the entrance from the parking lot). But there were none actually inside the terminal that we noticed.

3. Was this port person a Carnival employee or an actual Port of Baltimore person?

It was a Port of Baltimore employee. She was really polite about it (other than making us delete the pic).

We are also just trying to take a relaxing cruise (first) and may end up doing about what you did... just mosey around a little here and there.
It was nice not to have the pressure of sightseeing. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Super review and great pictures. Thank you for taking the time to post those. I love detailed, day by day reviews! We hope to take our family on this cruise next summer since we are able to drive to this port.

It defintely was a nice change being able to drive to the port. Next summer we are doing Alaska -- scary airfares to Anchorage! :eek:

Thanks for the nice comments. I just hope I didn't bore anyone!

Thank you so much for the pictures of the stateroom. We are cruising on the Pride on 8/29 and I love to have pictures to look at too. We aren't in a suite, but an extended balcony room, but we are on the Empress deck. At least I have a little idea of what the bathroom will look like.

Archived