Back from July 18th Alaskan cruise on Sapphire

xoxmusicxox

Leo, We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Seattle I would highly recommend this place they were awesome they went out of their way for us on more than one occasion.

I would recommend NOT using Seattle Express. I set up our reservation with them two months in advance, they forgot us, then told us they were on their way and it took them over half an hour to get to us. Not convinced, the driver threw our luggage into the bus, then proceeded to pick up more passengers, and he didnt have any way to restrain the luggage so passengers were actually having to hold up luggage as this guy threw us around with his driving. Take Seattle Express at your own risk.

xox we also took this cruise, we had a wonderful time. We were up in C109 which is at the front of the ship. Seas were a little rough on the way to BC, did you fair ok? I had bronchitis, picked it up on the ship and that was the day it hit me grrrr. Other wise awesome time.

I would recommend NOT using Seattle Express. I set up our reservation with them two months in advance, they forgot us, then told us they were on their way and it took them over half an hour to get to us. Not convinced, the driver threw our luggage into the bus, then proceeded to pick up more passengers, and he didnt have any way to restrain the luggage so passengers were actually having to hold up luggage as this guy threw us around with his driving. Take Seattle Express at your own risk.

Sorry about you bad experience with them. We made reservations with them and they worked out very well for us both ways. The driver picked us up from hotel when they said they would and he was very friendly as well.

We were on the same cruise and loved it! I though it was so cool passing by the Golden Princess in Tracy Arm. :)

You do anytime or traditional, what did you think of the service quality between the 3 AT dinning rooms?

I agree a great set of ports, hope the weather was good and that you got close to Sawyer in Tracy Arm.

Hi everyone,

Just got back from a wonderful 7 day cruise to Alaska, and would be more than happy to answer any questions about the trip/ports/cruise ship/hotels in Seattle, etc. I would highly recommend this cruise. :)

I will answer everyone's questions sometime today, but for now I will quickly answer the dinner question. I did anytime dining, and there were 3 of us. I found that whether or not I made reservations ahead of time, did not make a difference, but that could just have been this one cruise, since on my last cruise (Canada and New England-CP 2008), without reservations it was a mess. The line ups to get into the two dining rooms I ate dinner at (Pacific Moon & Santa Fe) were never longer than 2 people in front of us. Out of the 7 nights, I ate dinner at the Pacific Moon only 1 night and the rest at the Santa Fe, only due to my personal preference of the atmosphere. The service on the one night I did eat at the Pacific Moon was a lot faster though. We were in no rush to finish dinner since it was the one time the family actually sat down together, so in the end, we prefered the lighting and set up of the Santa Fe, over the Pacific Moon. Both dining rooms have awesome people working there, and MOST of the nights we had really friendly table staff. On a side note, the "Princess Love Boat Dream" is a great dessert.

My experience with the Seattle Express was the same as lilacbirman's. The shuttle picked us up on the Sunday morning from our hotel (Mayflower Park Hotel-great service, great atmosphere, great food, but a bit pricey) and all we had to do was give them a voucher that the front desk of the Mayflower gave us (I think it was included in our package), and off we went to the dock. The driver, who's name is Leon, I think, was very efficient and offered friendly advice on what to do in Seattle. The same driver picked us up on the following Sunday after we finished our cruise, and he was just as helpful and nice.

I did anytime dining, and there were 3 of us. I found that whether or not I made reservations ahead of time, did not make a difference, but that could just have been this one cruise, since on my last cruise (Canada and New England-CP 2008), without reservations it was a mess.

What time did you eat & was it always at a table for 4?

My experience with the Seattle Express was the same as lilacbirman's. The shuttle picked us up on the Sunday morning from our hotel (Mayflower Park Hotel-great service, great atmosphere, great food, but a bit pricey) and all we had to do was give them a voucher that the front desk of the Mayflower gave us (I think it was included in our package), and off we went to the dock. The driver, who's name is Leon, I think, was very efficient and offered friendly advice on what to do in Seattle. The same driver picked us up on the following Sunday after we finished our cruise, and he was just as helpful and nice.

We stayed at Mayflower Park as well. I agree they have great service, we would definitely stay there again but request a larger room than the one we got.

We usually went for dinner at 6:30pm, which gave us enough time to get to the 8:15pm show in the theatre, and yes we were always at a table for 4 people. If you have a party of more than 4 people, I would recommend traditional dining though.

Were you in a standard room at the Mayflower? The first time I stayed there, I had a regular sized room, but it had 2 small bathrooms. This time around, we had an extra person with us, so we got a mini suite on the 10th floor, at the end of the hall. Next time you stay there (that is if you go back to Seattle), try to get the room at the end of the hall on the 9th or 10th floor, since the view was alright and the room was very spacious.

I want to go on the record saying that Seattle Express and myself have been in contact today and they ARE trying to rectify this matter. It is my understanding that this was NOT an isolated incedent, and the complaints are being looked into. It was nice to hear back from the owner regarding this matter, I honestly did not expect to hear back

Sorry for the HI Jack, just wanted to set the record straight.

XoXo, I have to ask were you traveling with at least three women, the reason I ask is I think we may have shared an elevator LOL.

Were you in a standard room at the Mayflower? The first time I stayed there, I had a regular sized room, but it had 2 small bathrooms. This time around, we had an extra person with us, so we got a mini suite on the 10th floor, at the end of the hall. Next time you stay there (that is if you go back to Seattle), try to get the room at the end of the hall on the 9th or 10th floor, since the view was alright and the room was very spacious.

It may have been a standard. My son and my mother stayed in a room twice the size of ours for Senior rate and they had a full bathtub. My sister and her daughter both received upgrades because they were telling the clerk about their misdaventures of missing their fllight from LA and having to buy four other tickets on another airlline just to get to Seattle that night. Lucky I guess. :p

Archived