Back to Back - Radiance of the Seas

Hey all – just a question for you experienced cruisers about “Back to Back” cruises. How do these work?? I am looking at doing a “Back to Back” in 2012 but am unsure how they work. We would be looking at going on Radiance of the Seas again. We would sail from Vancouver – when we arrive in Seward do we have to leave the ship and re-embark through the whole process again or can we just get back on and have the same cabin.

Is there a discount for doing “Back to Back”? Any info would be greatly appreciated and would love to hear of people’s experiences with “Back to Back”. How was it visiting all the same ports again just days after the last visit??

Thanks in advance.:)

Twink D

A B2B is the only way we cruise. We usually book a B2B that has different itineraries, but nothing wrong going back to the same ports, especially in Alaska where there is so much to do and see.

There is no discount for the second cruise. It depends on the port, but we have never had to get off the ship for the second leg. On the last sea day of the first leg there is a meeting for the consecutive (B2B) cruisers to inform you all of the procedures. They also check on what your dining preferences are for the next week (same waiter, same or different table, etc) On turnaround day they usually have a lunch in the MDR for you. And they try to let you know on the first leg what the entertainment will be on the next cruise so you can plan. All in all, they take good care of consecutive cruisers.

Try to get the same cabin for both weeks, and when you book, have the cruises linked together, although each will have a separate booking number.

Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

We did B2B cruises on the Radiance to Alaska this past May/June and had a wonderful time. Enjoyed it so much we booked another B2B on the Radiance to Alaska for May/June 2011.

For both cruises, we booked the same cabin which makes it much easier -- same room, same cabin steward -- no packing/unpacking.

We chose to get off the Radiance in Seward rather than stay on board. We signed out using our current Set Sail Pass. When we were ready to return to the ship we found an agent in the terminal processing area and told her we were B2B cruisers and she directed us to an RCI rep. who had our new Set Sail Passes --- we didn't have to wait in the long processing line.

We didn't mind going to the same ports --- we varied our tours between the two cruises so we didn't get bored or too tired in any one week.

Good luck with your planning.

We did B2B cruises on the Radiance to Alaska this past May/June and had a wonderful time. Enjoyed it so much we booked another B2B on the Radiance to Alaska for May/June 2011.

For both cruises, we booked the same cabin which makes it much easier -- same room, same cabin steward -- no packing/unpacking.

We chose to get off the Radiance in Seward rather than stay on board. We signed out using our current Set Sail Pass. When we were ready to return to the ship we found an agent in the terminal processing area and told her we were B2B cruisers and she directed us to an RCI rep. who had our new Set Sail Passes --- we didn't have to wait in the long processing line.

We didn't mind going to the same ports --- we varied our tours between the two cruises so we didn't get bored or too tired in any one week.

Good luck with your planning.

Cabin Attendants are relocated every few months. So, you may not have the same cabin attendant that you had this year as his/her assignment might very well change.

We've done many consecutive cruises on Radiance in the same cabin and have never had the same cabin attendant twice.

Your SetSail Pass is what you filled out on-line and handed in when you checked in at the pier. There you received your SeaPass Cards which you used during your cruise.

Cabin Attendants are relocated every few months. So, you may not have the same cabin attendant that you had this year as his/her assignment might very well change.

We've done many consecutive cruises on Radiance in the same cabin and have never had the same cabin attendant twice.

Your SetSail Pass is what you filled out on-line and handed in when you checked in at the pier. There you received your SeaPass Cards which you used during your cruise.

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant by the cabin attendant comment was that we enjoyed having the same cabin attendant for both weeks of our cruise.

As for the SetSail and SeaPass words, my mistake --- my attention was momentarily diverted by my 4 year old granddaughter and I didn't check my post before I clicked on the submit reply button. :)

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant by the cabin attendant comment was that we enjoyed having the same cabin attendant for both weeks of our cruise.

As for the SetSail and SeaPass words, my mistake --- my attention was momentarily diverted by my 4 year old granddaughter and I didn't check my post before I clicked on the submit reply button. :)

No problem I have a 0ne year old grand daughter so I understand completely.;)

Archived