Different Princess Ship

MamaPuggle

We have sailed on the Crown and Caribbean. We are thinking of taking a 10 day cruise on the Star next April. Wondering if anyone can tell me the differences on this ship from the other two we have sailed on? Thanks

We have sailed on the Crown and Caribbean. We are thinking of taking a 10 day cruise on the Star next April. Wondering if anyone can tell me the differences on this ship from the other two we have sailed on? Thanks

Not much. The Star has one deck less of cabins.

Just got off posting on the thread about ship classes. Star is one of the 'original' Grand class designs that has the 'shopping handle' or 'flying buttress' lounge over the stern. That feature proved to have some negative engineering characteristics as to the rest of the hull sp it was reduced and integrated on later ships. Its an unusual feature though for sure.

Also the original Grand Class has a full pedestrian promenade to the very bow of the ship which I don't recollect on Crown (not been on Caribbean). This allows one to look down and see the prow of the ship cutting the water en route (which is also unusual). I'll leave it to others to comment on internal features. I believe the original Grand class ships have a deck fewer cabins also so that the 'pax max' is several hundred fewer.

One thing you will not find on the Star is the Cafe Caribe. The older grand class ships do not offer it. But less passengers (an entire deck less) is a huge plus.

Toto;

And how.....2600+ is sure a lot better than 3000+.....:):):)

Bob

Just got off posting on the thread about ship classes. Star is one of the 'original' Grand class designs that has the 'shopping handle' or 'flying buttress' lounge over the stern. That feature proved to have some negative engineering characteristics as to the rest of the hull sp it was reduced and integrated on later ships. Its an unusual feature though for sure.

Also the original Grand Class has a full pedestrian promenade to the very bow of the ship which I don't recollect on Crown (not been on Caribbean). This allows one to look down and see the prow of the ship cutting the water en route (which is also unusual). I'll leave it to others to comment on internal features. I believe the original Grand class ships have a deck fewer cabins also so that the 'pax max' is several hundred fewer.

All Grand-class ships, including the newest ships, have the wrap-around Promenade deck that extends to the bow.

Sabatini's and the Wheelhouse are right next to each other on Promenade on the Star. The dining rooms are basically the same. The library is on deck 5 on the Star and on Promenade (much smaller) right next to the Wheelhouse on the Crown. One less deck of cabins and as everyone has already mentioned 2600 vs 3000 pax. To get to Skywalker's you take a moving walkway up to it. Otherwise, I don't remember much difference.

Archived