Mediterranean Cruise

cruisein321

Thinking of taking a Princess 7 day Mediterranean Cruise from Rome. Anyone with any comments or suggestions about this particular itinerary? Where to stay in Rome, Port transfers etc? :)

How many days will you be spending in Rome before the cruise? Have you been to Europe before? Did you want a hotel within walking distance of all the sites?

European/Med cruise IMHO are all about the ports. Beside Rome what are the other port stops what you dream of doing. There are many lines/cruises that leave from Rome with many different port stops.

Also, if you are traveling from the US I think 7 days even with a few extra days/nights in Rome sounds a bit short. The one nice thing about embarkation/dismebarkation in Rome is you can use your pre/post cruise for exploring rome. Just be aware as another poster said that the port days will likely be busy/intense as you, or most of us tried to squeeze as much as we could in.

Happy planning,

Thinking of taking a Princess 7 day Mediterranean Cruise from Rome. Anyone with any comments or suggestions about this particular itinerary? Where to stay in Rome, Port transfers etc? :)

I would only do Rome either Pre-cruise or post cruise, not both. This being it is expensive to get from the airport to Rome Historical area, or to get from there to the port. There are so many hotels in rome. What is important is to remember that the ratings on the hotels in Italy are largely based on the location of the hotel, not always the room furnishings. I've been to Rome several times, and know that you will pay a lot to be close to Spanish stairs, Parthenon or Trevi fountain area. But with this being said, since you can walk everywhere from these areas for me it is worth it. It would definately be a miss not to spend extra days in Rome.

We booked the OP about 15 months ago for this coming Sept. Can't wait! For us, the 7 night cruises are perfect. We're spending time pre-cruise in Rome, as are many others on our sailing.

If you're looking for more info., go to the Ports section of Cruise Critic under "Europe", then the country you have questions about. You'll find a lot of helpful info. there. Or, post more specific questions here.

I would only do Rome either Pre-cruise or post cruise, not both. This being it is expensive to get from the airport to Rome Historical area, or to get from there to the port. There are so many hotels in rome. What is important is to remember that the ratings on the hotels in Italy are largely based on the location of the hotel, not always the room furnishings. I've been to Rome several times, and know that you will pay a lot to be close to Spanish stairs, Parthenon or Trevi fountain area. But with this being said, since you can walk everywhere from these areas for me it is worth it. It would definately be a miss not to spend extra days in Rome.

I think you mean the Spanish Steps and the Pantheon, right? The Parthenon is in Greece. :)

Archived