How rough are the seas in December?

Sailing on Radiance of the Seas in December to Cozumel. Any insights as to how rough the water is in December?

You can't predict what the seas will be like since it is all related to the weather. We have had calm seas (basically flat) and rougher seas (6-8) during that period, but I wouldn't worry about it since Radiance has great stabilizers and that wouldn't even be a worry to me on that ship.

Sailing on Radiance of the Seas in December to Cozumel. Any insights as to how rough the water is in December?

I always check this site out a few days before we sail- I also check the turbulence map before I fly too. Don't know what I would do if i saw massive waves or severe turbulence

http://www.sailwx.info/wxobs/waveheight.phtml

We have done two cruises in December; both of them eastern caribbean. The seas were a non issue for us, very calm and no storms. The weather was completely cooperative as well:D

And if there is a forecast for rough seas, stock up on the Bonine and remember that you are not doing dishes, making the bed, feeding the cat, folding laundry, going to work, paying a bill, late for a meeting, dealing with an irate...:D

Depends on the weather.

We went the week before Christmas 5 years ago - roughest seas I've had on any cruise due to a bad storm system that dropped across the gulf (also very cold - it was barely above freezing during the muster drill). We were rocking and rolling all the way to Cozumel from Galveston as was Mariner from Port Canaveral. The cruise after us had seas as smooth as glass.

It can be windy in Dec. But just enjoy the motion of the ship. Remember, that motion sickness is all in your head....litterally. If you enjoy it, rather than fight it, you won't get sick.

Sorry, I can't let the above comment just go. Motion sickness is not "all in your head." Its a combination of the brain's and body's reaction to external physical stimuli. For some people, it is hell on earth, and most definitely not in their heads.

Sorry, I can't let the above comment just go. Motion sickness is not "all in your head." Its a combination of the brain's and body's reaction to external physical stimuli. For some people, it is hell on earth, and most definitely not in their heads.

You're exactly correct, sometimes it's harder for someone's brain to process the movement and that's what causes the nausea. It has nothing to do with acceptance of the situation and just enjoying it, well, unless you enjoy barfing.:D Each person's body handles it differently.

Dec 1st to the 15th, the seas are very rough.

Dec 16th to the 31st the seas are calm...why you ask, cuz the people paid more for there fares so the seas are calmer. :D

No way to tell.... try and beg Mother Nature to cooperate. ;)

I always check this site out a few days before we sail- I also check the turbulence map before I fly too. Don't know what I would do if i saw massive waves or severe turbulence

http://www.sailwx.info/wxobs/waveheight.phtml

This is outdated..............

ship database updated 00:00 Thursday, 05 Apr 2035 UTC (time now 17:17 UTC

Try this one............

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Most likely you would just stress about it. That's what my wife does. She rather obsessively checks weather when we are going to be flying somewhere, and if it looks like there may be bad weather, she gets all nervous and stressed about it, even though it usually turns out fine. I wish she wouldn't even check . . .

Archived