BRIDGE TOUR on Eclipse?? 10/31/2010

lifeizgr8

Does anyone know if you can get a Bridge Tour on the Eclipse? Can you reserve it ahead of time? Thanks to all for any help! Mardi:rolleyes:D

Often times people in suites and people who are Elite in Captain's Club receive invites to a bridge tour. If you are neither Elite nor staying in a suite, you would need to make a request for a tour through either guest relations and/or the special event coordinator. If they have any slots open, they might try to squeeze you in. There is no guarantee they will be able/willing to accommodate your request, but it is worth asking.

OK, heres the secret. Come closer and I'll whisper!

On our recent Eclipse cruise we asked Danielle (Elite hostess) about doing a bridge tour. She said they don't advertise it, but if you (anyone, not just suite people) go to Guest Relations and ask for a tour they will put you on the list. No choice of time and only on sea days; they leave you a letter the day before the tour to inform you of time. You can also ask for the Engine Control room (not the engine room itself). When we found out we told everyone in our CC roll call , dining table etc and everyone who asked got a tour.

Simon

Another tour you might consider is a galley tour. We didn't see it advertised but just stumbled upon it while checking out the menu one afternoon on the Eclipse. The staff came over to ask us if we wanted to join the tour and we did! Unfortunately, there was no time to run back to the cabin to get our camera. It was a very interesting tour and very enjoyable. The Eclipse is just beautiful, by the way.

The first thing my husband did when we boarded Eclipse was go to guest relations and put our name on their list for a bridge and engine room tour. Sometimes there is more demand than places, so do it as soon as possible after you board. Both are great!

Jo

The Galley Tour is usually always given but as I recall it was for Elites on my last cruise. Both the Elite Hostess and the Staff Captain we ate dinner with asked us if we wanted a bridge tour. I was under the impression that engine room tours were off limits to everyone.

The Galley Tour is usually always given but as I recall it was for Elites on my last cruise. Both the Elite Hostess and the Staff Captain we ate dinner with asked us if we wanted a bridge tour. I was under the impression that engine room tours were off limits to everyone.

We did the galley tour too...it was advertised in the Compass (I know thats RCI, but I can't think what Celeb call it!) and our head waiter mentioned it the night before. You can't do an engine room tour, just the control room (lots of computer screens etc). However, we were really lucky on the Independance of the Seas and after writing a letter to the Chief Engineer got an engine room tour. Very hot, very noisy, but really good!

Simon

We are Elite with Celebrity, but they must have missed us as far as the invitation goes. We were just happy we stumbled on the galley tour. We do read the Compass but must have missed it. Next time, we will try for both tours!

Thats your best bet Joyce. We didn't get an invite to the galley tour...just turned up. On the bridge tours, they are a bit more demanding re security. You meet at deck 10 forward lifts and have to bring the invite, seapass card and photo ID which one of the security guys checks before giving you a tour sticker. He collects them again at the end to make sure everyone is off the bridge!!

Simon

Thats your best bet Joyce. We didn't get an invite to the galley tour...just turned up. On the bridge tours, they are a bit more demanding re security. You meet at deck 10 forward lifts and have to bring the invite, seapass card and photo ID which one of the security guys checks before giving you a tour sticker. He collects them again at the end to make sure everyone is off the bridge!!

Simon

Thanks for the info Simon. We did a bridge tour several years ago on the Constellation and it was very interesting. The captain invited everyone from Cruise Critic, albeit in shifts. I will remember your methods when on the Eclipse in 2011. We are still waiting for your Baltic photos!!!:D

Joyce

We had a bridge tour on the Summit.

One other detail: no cameras were allowed.

On Equinox they were allowed - you just were asked to not take any pictures of the instrument panels. My wife took a great one of me sitting in the Captain's chair!

Its free, but the question does have a point. I believe on Princess if you are one of the top grade members (elite or whatever) you can pay for a ship tour which takes in bridge, engine room and the 'workings' of the ship (eg laundry), galley and back stage. I'm sure I didn't imagine reading about this!

Simon

Thanks Simon. You are correct in stating that Princess does charge for these tours. I don't remember the price, but it wasn't cheap. This is our first time on Celebrity so I didn't realize their policy.

The reason some people might have missed this in Celebrity Today is that it was listed as The Heart of the Operation not specifically as a Galley Tour so read the listings thoroughly. I did do the tour and it was very interesting.:cool:

:):)Thanks to all, for your information on the Bridge Tours etc.!! My husband has always wanted to do the Bridge Tour but on our last ship (Princess) they wanted over $200 for the tour and where I said lets go, my husband said no way:mad:!!! I really hope to get lucky:o on the Transatlantic cruise this October!

:):)Thanks to all, for your information on the Bridge Tours etc.!! My husband has always wanted to do the Bridge Tour but on our last ship (Princess) they wanted over $200 for the tour and where I said lets go, my husband said no way:mad:!!! I really hope to get lucky:o on the Transatlantic cruise this October!

Yours odds are better on a transatlantic since there are so many sea days - more opportunity for them to arrange tours. Hope you get one. :)

SSSSHHH don't tell everyone but when we were on Century last week and we went to the cc meeting, they said that if we wanted a bridge tour see the event organiser who was there and it was all organised for us the next day. They were also doing a series of lectures which anyone could attend called celebrity life these if you interpreted them correctly got you a control room tour and a galley tour, they may have been a bridge tour but I'd already done that!! They really looked after us at the cc meeting and also took us onto the crews deck to go through the straits of messina with a lecture well worth going.

Join the roll call for your cruise. If you have a good activities director, he/she will invite all the Cruise Critic roll call people to a bridge tour.

We did the galley tour too...it was advertised in the Compass (I know thats RCI, but I can't think what Celeb call it!) and our head waiter mentioned it the night before. You can't do an engine room tour, just the control room (lots of computer screens etc). However, we were really lucky on the Independance of the Seas and after writing a letter to the Chief Engineer got an engine room tour. Very hot, very noisy, but really good!

Simon

Hi,

I was lucky enough to do the same on Independence. Amazing eh :)

Archived