Buckets of Beer?

FCOWHER

Beer yuk? Cmon now, that is no to refer to the nectar of the gods. I do like a Pina Colada in the morning while on a cruise. It is a great way to get your morning vitamin C. Joe V.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_6_4.gif[/img]

Serenade of the Seas 12/31/05
Zuiderdam 4/23/05
RCI - 2 times
Princess - 3 times
QE2 - 1 time
Royal Majesty - 1 time
Carnival - 1 time

They sold buckets of beer for the March Madness Basket ball games. It was perhaps $12 for 5 Coronas. They had set out nachos and chips and dip and had the game going in the Northern Lights night club area. Most people sat at the "sports bar" area across the corridor however. I thought it was very nice, very apropos for a game night.

[quote name='FCOWHER']Beer yuk? Cmon now, that is no to refer to the nectar of the gods. I do like a Pina Colada in the morning while on a cruise. It is a great way to get your morning vitamin C. Joe V.]

Sorry, I just hate the stuff! I alway sget sick when I try and drink beer and get bloated on top of that:mad: ! Look at it this way, more beer for you! LOL

[quote name='FCOWHER']Only 11 days until I am enjoying my first bucket of Beer on the Zuiderdam. Joe V.[/QUOTE]

Last week on the local news they were interviewing a priest from San Francisco about papal memories. It seems this priest had been in charge of food & beverage at the cathedral in San Francisco at the time the pope visited in the late 80's.

So the pope was having dinner at the Cathedral residence with the cardinals and monsignori. According to this priest, all of the major wineries in California had shipped in their finest wines in the hope that the pope would find favor with them. As the meal was about to begin, the priest walked up to the pope and asked: "Your Holiness, what would you like to drink?" The Pope thought a moment, then said, "I'd like to have a beer." Well, there was never beer at the cardinal's table, but the priest remembered that, some time before, one of the servants had brought in a six-pack to be offered to some men who were working in the yard. As he headed for the garden refrigerator, the priest prayed over and over, "please, Lord, let their be one beer!" There was one can left...

:) - have a Guinness for me!

Wow, the Pope liked beer. I may have to reform my evil ways and go back to church or at least take a cruise that has a famous church in one of its ports. Joe V.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_12_3v.gif[/img]

FCOWHER: We were recently on the Maasdam and I can tell you that we (thouroughly!) enjoyed our Coronas (delivered perfectly frosty, in a bucket filled with ice) poolside. As I recall, they were 4 for $12 and worth every penny. I can tell...you are going to have a blast on your trip!! Have one for me!!;)

Last week on the local news they were interviewing a priest from San Francisco about papal memories. It seems this priest had been in charge of food & beverage at the cathedral in San Francisco at the time the pope visited in the late 80's.

So the pope was having dinner at the Cathedral residence with the cardinals and monsignori. According to this priest, all of the major wineries in California had shipped in their finest wines in the hope that the pope would find favor with them. As the meal was about to begin, the priest walked up to the pope and asked: "Your Holiness, what would you like to drink?" The Pope thought a moment, then said, "I'd like to have a beer." Well, there was never beer at the cardinal's table, but the priest remembered that, some time before, one of the servants had brought in a six-pack to be offered to some men who were working in the yard. As he headed for the garden refrigerator, the priest prayed over and over, "please, Lord, let their be one beer!" There was one can left...

:) - have a Guinness for me!

That's a great story Dave - I hope our next Pope is as down-to-earth...

But he still didn't wear jeans in the dining room! :rolleyes:

Of course not!

Everybody knows that Popes always wear embroidered floor length evening gowns with a cape and matching hat...

And, if the pope ever chose to wear jeans wherever he decided to wear them, who would object? Perhaps he might have a beer (from a bucket) WHILE wearing jeans!! And he might do all of this during formal night!! Yikes!!;)

Would that be Pope Lido I?

:rolleyes: -dave

Would that be Pope Lido I?

:rolleyes: -dave

ROFLMAO!

Now Guinnness - Guinness is not beer. I secretly suspect that Guinness comes from the same family as chocolate. A friend of mine has even had Guinness ice cream which she says is heavenly.

Cheers!

Friday

Started my morning with this thread....

sure glad I missed the deck covered in beer bottles and beer cans...not my idea of a lovely sea cruise....

Brian and Dave, as usual, LOL!! The imagery...

I personally hate beer, but my DH and DD will be delighted about "the bucket"

I like the foo-foo drinks with little umbrellas!!!:)

Now only 5 days until my first bucket of beer on the big "Z". Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 12/31/05

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

RCI - 2 times

Princess - 3 times

QE2 - 1 time

Royal Majesty - 1 time

Carnival - 1 time

The answer is yes. We bought them twice on the Westerdam in December.

They were 6 Miller Lites for $15. You could get Budweiser as well. We got them from room service to keep in the fridge in the room.

Thanks for this info. We drink only beer. Don't like liquor or wine, so it's good to know we can get it this way and enjoy it on our verandah.

Archived