Buckets of Beer?

FCOWHER

[quote name='DavidNDC']I guess buckets of beer are okay....but I prefer my beer in a bottle, or, better yet, in a cold, frosty mug![/QUOTE]

Don't sail on HAL, then. I snapped this pic of a bartender drawing a bucket on the aft Lido deck during the BBQ.

[img]http://images.buzznet.com/assets/users3/oneeyedcult/default/gallery-1090708790-msg-16241-1.jpg[/img]

[That's a joke, folks. Really! :rolleyes: <- SARCASM symbol!]

-dave
[i][size=1]"Sarcasm is just one more service we offer."[/size][/i]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Here a quote from the [I]Daily Program [/I] on the 1/15/05 Veendam 14-Night Cruise:

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]"BEER BUCKET SPECIAL": 5 Domestic Beers for $8.75 and 5 Selected Imported Beers for $13.75.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

This special was advertised several times on the cruise!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :) [/FONT] [/B]

[quote name='OCruisers'][b][font=Comic Sans MS]Here a quote from the [i]Daily Program [/i]on the 1/15/05 Veendam 14-Night Cruise:[/b]

[b][color=red][size=3]"BEER BUCKET SPECIAL": 5 Domestic Beers for $8.75 and 5 Selected Imported Beers for $13.75.[/size][/color][/b]

[b]This special was advertised several times on the cruise! [/b]

[b]Happy Sailing! OCruisers :) [/font][/b][/QUOTE]How could it be domestic beer when you're in the middle of the ocean?

[quote name='DavidNDC']Dakrewser!

I am home sick today and I have to tell you, your pic made my entire day!!! I am laughing my butt off. Thanks for posting![/QUOTE]

Just doin' my job, sir. Really! :) Now pull up your socks and get back to work!

-dave
[i][size=1]"I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way."
[/size][/i]

[quote name='flamingogal']On the Westerdam 1/9, buckets of beer (Miller Lite, Coors Lite, Corona) were for sale. These were NOT opened. :)[/QUOTE]

And they were served in a Champagne Bucket. HAL has a reputation to maintain after all. ;)

Gang,
Don't forget about the all you can drink Pina Coladas ($11.95 I think) on BBQ night. The most delicious I've ever had, served in a hollowed out pineapple! I am typically a beer drinker and had pre-ordered the 6 pack of Coronas for our cabin along with a bottle of "sail away" champagne when we arrived. We met up with some friends and I ordered a Bucket of Corona's at the Lido pool for sail away as well. At disembarkation I still had a couple of unopened beers left in our cabin for the room steward. They (HAL) were extremely accomodating in the Brew department!:D Nancy

[quote name='Cathy p']Well after all that my only question is.... I like a few beers as well but I don't won't them open for my fridge....does the Zuiderdam sell them by the six pack? Don't hurt me guys....just asking.[/QUOTE]

Why yes, they do. But you'll need to get your cabin steward to clean out the fridge so that there's room to put them in.

-dave
[color=#333333][i][QUOTE][/i][color=#333333][font=Arial Narrow][i]Mary: I want a guy who can play 36 holes of golf, and still have enough energy to take Warren and me to a baseball game, and eat sausages, and beer, not lite beer, but beer. That's my ad, print it up. [/i][/font]
[i][font=Arial Narrow]Brenda: "Fatty who likes golf, beer, and baseball." Gee, Mary, where are you gonna find a gem like that?[/font] - [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=2][color=#0000ff]There's Something About Mary (1998)[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][/color][/QUOTE] [/i]
[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back from the 2/17-2/27 Maasdam cruise. They had buckets of beer (5 to a bucket) available all of the time the bars were open, at least from the Dolphin Bar and the one by the outside pool on Nav deck. The deal was $12 for a bucket of domestic (coors bud, miller), and, $13.95 (I think) for premium (amstel, corona, heineken, beck's, molson). I ordered the mixed buckets of premium all 10 days and requested them to not open the bottles until I wanted to drink them.

The buckets were the way to go, as i just brought the leftovers back to the room & iced them for the next day. That is on those days where I actually had any beer leftover...

PS - there were at least two of us sitting with our buckets all afternoon at one of the pools on sea days, so, enjoy :)

It IS funny how this thread stuck in my head. Every time I walked by the buckets of beer for sale at both the Lido and aft pools on the Zaandam last week, I thought of fcowher, and how I needed to post this when I got back. So that means I thought of this thread no fewer than 25 times!

But someone beat me to it! It was five to a bucket, and they had them all lined up waiting to be purchased - with limes available for them too. I just didn't check the price, unfortunately. Sorry fcowher!

Kate, I am extremly flattered that you were thinking of me while on your cruise. Its almost like I got to go. I was wondering why I was so happy last week while at work. Thanks for the quality information on the "buckets of beer". I hope "we" had a great cruise, lol. Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 12/31/05
Zuiderdam 4/23/05
RCI - 2 times
Princess - 3 times
QE2 - 1 time
Royal Majesty - 1 time
Carnival - 1 time

• 1 month later...

Archived