Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

And I just did!!! Found two dresses - and I was planning on re-wearing a dress or making one formal night more casual with a dressy shirt and dress pants.

I took a photo of one of them, on the hanger to show a friend. The 2nd dress needs Spanx and maybe about 10 more lbs :) I've lost 15, the cruise is 2 months away so my goal is 15 more.

The 2nd dress was hung up in the wrong size, inside out on the hanger but once I looked at it was EXACTLY what I wanted! Just goes to show a little digging is what is needed at times! The first one was in the clearance, sheds a glitter a bit and needs to be taken in - I'm going to have to sleep on it a bit.

8370292667_791083afa9.jpg

IMG_1621 by MurpheyTX, on Flickr

This was $20.99 - it's a magenta color. The glitter is in a feather type pattern with some mirrored sequins along with the glitter. It is a perfect length, and needs just a few alterations (straps mostly, a little tucking in under bust.

The second dress I don't have a photo, but it's cream on top, navy banding on the bottom with a purple sequin border in the middle. Chiffon sleeves. I am in love with it and will get a photo up soon! It was $17.99!

I have the exact same dress and also in the colors of Teal, Red and Black. It hides all flaws very nicely.....It does shed glitter but who cares.....VERY comfortable and looks GREAT on

I didn't like the dress from Coldwater Creek. It will not travel well and will need to be sent to be pressed since it is tafetta so I am bringing this instead. The one I have is black.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/alex-evenings-jeweled-ruched-jersey-dress-plus/3249412?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

I love this! It's still available in navy, one size larger than I normally wear. Hmmm.. Beautiful - I'd love to see a photo of you in it!

I have the exact same dress and also in the colors of Teal, Red and Black. It hides all flaws very nicely.....It does shed glitter but who cares.....VERY comfortable and looks GREAT on

Is that the one in your profile? You look great in it! Thanks - I think I'll keep it. For $20 you can't go too wrong.

• 1 month later...

http://m.onestopplus.com/clothing/Pleated-Aline-Dress-by-Taillissime.aspx?PfId=355413~1&DeptId=25235&ProductTypeId=1

Maybe the OP will like this dress. It has long sleeves (sheer) and is flowy over the tummy. I have the tunic likenthis dress, and I like it. I took it to wear with black pants or skirt on last cruise for elegant night, but was less than enchanted with the MDR and went to buffet On elegant night instead.

After reading about your good buys at Ross I decided to go back and give it another go (the first time I went in it was so bad I swore I'd never go back). Second trip was just as bad as the first. The local one is awful! I have had good luck finding cruise clothes at Burlington Coat Factory.

• 3 months later...

At a Dress Barn a couple weeks ago I found a size 16 dress on the 70% off rack that fits and looks pretty good.

Got change back from $20.

Totally different style then I'm used to. The fabric is a bit stretchy and should travel well. Has some beading at the shoulder. I'll add some sparkly earrings and a bracelet.

2013-05-27201509-1_zps568ee7d3.jpg2013-05-27201527-1_zps8b6bc1a2.jpg

I need to go into Dress Barn. I did not realize they had dressy clothes.

This is one of the formal dresses I've bought. I wore it on my last cruise and realized I needed a strapless bra with it.:o

8863010088_9b655a49f2.jpg

I need to go into Dress Barn. I did not realize they had dressy clothes.

This is one of the formal dresses I've bought. I wore it on my last cruise and realized I needed a strapless bra with it.:o[/img]

Lovely dress, very classic style. Love the lace jacket. Does it come off to wear with other things?

I have a dress that has black sheer fabric on the shoulders, so I bought a bra that had clear straps to wear with it. Somehow the fabric made the straps shine through and I ended up wearing a black strapped bra instead that luckily I'd packed.

Compared to up here I find all the Dress Barn prices for dresses really good even at regular prices. In the past I've gotten two fancy tops and a pair of dress pants to wear them with.

I'd picked out some summer dresses to try from the website photos, but none of them ended up fitting right, so I was very happy to find this one.

My dress was most likely left over from Christmas time when they have more dressier stock, but there are still some in the stores year round.

Edited by KandCsailing

Yes, the jacket is separate so I can use it for other outfits. Most of my clothes are classic. I find when a new style comes out it takes me awhile to get used to it and by then the style has changed again. I am better off sticking with the classics.

I don't know why I don't go in Dress Barn. There is one about 10 minutes away (same shopping center as the Ross store that I can never find anything in). Going to have to go in next time I'm there.

Went out to lunch with a friend and ended up in the shopping center with Dress Barn. I was amazed at the cute clothes. I also found the shaping slip I had been discussing on another thread. Many people said that their's were short, rode up or rolled up, etc. Since I have never seen one in a store in my size, I thought I would try it on. It was amazingly comfortable. I sat down, stood up, twisted, and bent over a number of times (glad there was no camera in the dressing room as I probably looked really strange) and the slip stayed in one place. Since I am short that might have helped because it comes down right below my knees. I didn't feel stuffed into it and I had just had a meal. It was labelled "moderate shaping" which is all I wanted. To make it even better, it was only $26 - much less than the others I was looking at online.

I plan to go back at season change to see if any of the things I really liked have gone on sale.

Thanks KandCsailing for mentioning Dress Barn!

Good work, scrapnana. If you don't mind me asking personal questions, where in VA are you, I am in Lynchburg. Also, I assume you do scrapbooking? I enjoy that also even though I am not a Nana :) Someday, I would love to go back through all my pics from all my cruises and scrap them into one big book since they will all blend together in my mind. You know, the olden days of actual film rolls and processing, 24 shots at a time! :eek:

Good work, scrapnana. If you don't mind me asking personal questions, where in VA are you, I am in Lynchburg. Also, I assume you do scrapbooking? I enjoy that also even though I am not a Nana :) Someday, I would love to go back through all my pics from all my cruises and scrap them into one big book since they will all blend together in my mind. You know, the olden days of actual film rolls and processing, 24 shots at a time! :eek:

I live just north of Richmond in Ashland. Yes, I am a scrapbooker although I haven't done any recently. I still need to scrap my Disney cruise (one album for me and one for my daughter's family). I have to have them done before my next cruise. Do I ever remember the days of film rolls and worrying about running out of film and never knowing if you got the right shot until you got home. I do love digital photography. You should take your old pictures, scan them, and make a digital scrapbook. You could probably whip the whole thing out in a week or so.

Just another site for plus size clothing, and they start at size 12 which is great for curvy girls that don't quite fit into the plus sizes or regular sizes.

LOL ... almost hit post before writing the site.

It's Kiyonna dot com ... you can also find their clothing on Amazon

You should take your old pictures, scan them, and make a digital scrapbook. You could probably whip the whole thing out in a week or so.

Ah Ashland, home to Randolph-Macon! I used to date (and cruise with) a Hampden-Sydney man!! I have not done a digital scrapbook yet, that might be a good idea and would keep me from cutting up all my old pictures! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Did I need another semi-formal outfit for my next cruise? NOOOOOOO

Did that stop me from buying one? NOOOOOOOOO

Dillards was having one of their "extra 30% off sale merchandise for card holders" sale. I found a butter yellow three piece outfit, a beautiful long blue over jade dress and a black skirt. The skirt was too long so I was saved from that. The blue/jade dress was made for a tall person with a long torso (I am short waisted and have shrunk down to 5 feet 1 inch) so I didn't get that. The yellow three piece fit perfectly even the length of the skirt just came to the bottom of my knee. Oh, darn! I had to buy it.

9147483365_fcd65f6261_z.jpg

I think I am going to take out the shoulder pads - I don't like the way they show.

Photo test...

Bah! It's either frighteningly huge or too small for details.

This is after a Christmas party, so I'm a bit frowsy, but it did make an appearance at Le Bistro on my last cruise.

th_DSC09861_zps5c8eefda.jpg

Edited by Milaandra

I am more or less borderline plus size. I wear a size 12 on the bottom, but I'm quite chest heavy, so I wear a 16 in shirts. Since most dresses don't really allow for larger cup sizes, I try a lot of plus sizes on as well as misses sizes.

I recently purchased a dress as Dressbarn. I ended up buying a regular 16, but I wanted to post a picture of it since it is also available in plus sizes. It was $70.00 but I had a 25% off coupon. I plan to wear it on my next cruise on Valentine's Day.

IMG_1366.jpg

You look great. Is that a Dachshund in the picture? So cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Photo test...

Bah! It's either frighteningly huge or too small for details.

This is after a Christmas party, so I'm a bit frowsy, but it did make an appearance at Le Bistro on my last cruise.

th_DSC09861_zps5c8eefda.jpg

Love the dress.

Have you tried resizing your photo? On photobucket, click the edit at the top. Then choose resize. I always type in a number in the 800s for CC. Then hit save.

Edited by Scrapnana